R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 R60 2011 Countryman

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 03:07 AM
ProjectMini
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
R60 2011 Countryman

Bought my New to me R60 back in Dec. Love it. In order to keep on loving it I have purchased an extended warranty. To establish maintenance record (Plus its time) I am going in for an oil change. Any thing I should have them check. So far Maintenance wise I've done Oil + Filter After 4500 miles and Trans Drain and fill (Six Speed Manual @ 45k). I will be doing plugs myself soon. I just want to establish a maintenance record. So i am thinking of going in for the oil + Filter plus they will give my MINI an nice wash. Is this a good idea or am I going about the maintenance records wrong? Any advice is welcomed. Anyone deal with extended warranty. Its unfortunately not through mini as my mini is too old. How can I establish maintenance record without the dealer.
Any thoughts or opinions welcomed.
Thanks,
PM

Old 03-22-2017, 06:44 AM
Saltysalt
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
MINI has their own service record and inspection times. as for aftermarket warranties, I don't believe they cover services. to keep a record without the dealer, you can just keep an excel sheet or a notebook stating the date mileage and what was done at that time

Old 03-22-2017, 03:52 PM
hdzcar
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Number 1, keep your Mini out of the dealership. I wouldn't trust them to check the air in the tires. Number 2 take your extended warranty and see if you can get a refund Asap. They are worthless and for suckers.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:46 AM
Carlisle
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hdzcar
Number 1, keep your Mini out of the dealership. I wouldn't trust them to check the air in the tires. Number 2 take your extended warranty and see if you can get a refund Asap. They are worthless and for suckers.
I can think of at least a dozen different ways you could have said that without being rude. Not all extended warranties are the same-- some are actually decent.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:52 AM
ProjectMini
2nd Gear
Talking "Sucker" Will update

Today i found out if Ive been a "sucker". (No need for name calling ya ****)
The good for this sucker is hes within the 30 day return limit. ALL money is returned.
As for your number one. Not all MINI dealers are crap. The services guys At MINI of Concord are really fair. Expensive yes, But fair. And trust me they know all there is to know.
Yes there are some independent shops and I am very lucky to be in the Bay near two of em.
So later today I will update you fine folks here at NAM if the Carchex extended warranty is what they say it is.

Sucker Out,

PM

Old 03-29-2017, 05:57 AM
HasAnMTBProblem
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hdzcar
Extended warranties are for suckers? Tell that to my bank account when I blew up the engine in my E90 BMW a couple years back. $12,000 bill, and I only had to pat about $1100 of it. Yep, I'm a sucker.

And since Mini's are BMW's now, and a friend of mine just had a $8000 quote to just rebuild the top end (was able to find a good shop that did it for $5000), I'd expect the same from our little pocket rockets, too.

(There was an unknown to me oil starvation issue on the E90's when driving it in a high performance manner. Oil temp climbed straight up to 300*, and went "clackity clackity, limp mode, dead". So, it wasn't due to neglect, or anything.)

Old 03-29-2017, 07:44 AM
ProjectMini
2nd Gear
Should find out today

And I will report.
Im sure the guy was giving his own experience. From what i read on nam not all dealers are equal.

PM

Update

Warranty approved work. Turns out warranty's are not for suckers. (Phew) And MINI already fixed my car!. Holla atcha BOY!
Going to go get my r60 back now! Tip Top Magoo!!!! Is how my boy BLUE is rolling!!

LOL Sorry. As always do your research with these types of things. Thanks for the support NAM.

Last edited by ProjectMini; 03-29-2017 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Got Phone call.
The following users liked this post:
minimania69 (09-20-2019)
Old 03-29-2017, 08:41 AM
HasAnMTBProblem
3rd Gear
True enough, not all dealers are equal. This was Carmax warranty. They aren't the cheapest in the world, but it sure saved my bacon.

I like to work on my own vehicles, but that E90 was the newest and most complicated care I had every bought. I was pretty sure there was going to be things I could not work on with that car. I wanted the warranty for major stuff, like internal engine and transmission work. Suspension, other drivetrain stuff, I can do that myself.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:41 AM
HasAnMTBProblem
3rd Gear
Oh, and BTW, BMW engines come out the bottom, which adds many hours of labor.