R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 ECU Tuner in Seattle area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 12:24 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
ECU Tuner in Seattle area?

Hey there everyone, with the upgrade I’m doing to my turbo and some other mods I want to get soon, I know I will need a tune to really take advantage of them. I need my car though, so sending in the ECU to M7 or somewhere for a Manic tune or the like would be ideal, but I can’t be without a vehicle for the down time. I would like to find something local in the Seattle area where I can just take it there to have it done. Does anybody know of anything up this way? Or are there any remote tune options available?
I thought about getting a JB+ or something similar, I’ve also seen the NM Power Module, and the Racechip, but im not sure how they work. I know that re-mapping the ECU is the ideal way to go, and if I go that way, I can change out my DP without getting a CEL if they code it off or whatever they do. I definitely don’t want something that is just going to increase the boost only (I think the JB+ does that?), I want to get proper power and integration of the upgraded parts as well.
my other thought with an ECU flash is that it can account for future upgrades as well, like the DP, maybe a new exhaust, etc.
If anyone can give me some advice and possible options to choose from, that would be terrific.
I still need daily drivability (especially when Wifey is in the car too!) but want to have some real fun as well. Can a 2012 Countryman even be flashed remotely? I am just now starting to consider power upgrade mods. So the ECU remapping is an entirely new thing for me that I know virtually nothing about. But it would sure be sweet to be able to do it locally.