R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 iPhone Mini Connected Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Creakhead
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
iPhone Mini Connected Software Update

I saw today there was an update to the Mini Connected app.

What's New in Version 2.1.0

New Features:
- Facebook: Single-Sign-On is now supported (new login required once).
- Twitter / Facebook: Status messages can be read out (text to speech).

Several improvements and bug fixes. Improved stability and performance.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mini-...376699654?mt=8

Glad to see they are improving the app, although I still can't use some of apps without the phone cradle (lame). I wonder if they can add the text reading to the GPS so it can say the street names, although that might be a different program altogether.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:20 AM
John Richard
3rd Gear
I love updates.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:22 AM
mjgood
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Connected app was broken with iOS 5, the update fixes the app.
iOS 5 should be ready for public release very soon....
If anyone uses Pandora, you will want to wait until there is an update for that app, as it does not work with connected and iOS 5 at this time....

Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Creakhead
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mjgood
The Connected app was broken with iOS 5, the update fixes the app.
iOS 5 should be ready for public release very soon....
If anyone uses Pandora, you will want to wait until there is an update for that app, as it does not work with connected and iOS 5 at this time....
Does this kill any hope that with the iOS 5 we wouldn't need the phone adapter to use Mission Control or Minimalism?

Does the calendar stuff work in iOS5?

Old 09-26-2011, 10:55 PM
mjgood
2nd Gear
No change regarding the snap-in adapter, that will be an update in the cars software to make that work, that's up to BMW/MINI..
Apple needs to change the bluetooth stack for the rest of office to work, no change in iOS 5 to support that yet...

Old 10-02-2011, 10:14 PM
kgelner
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Creakhead
Does this kill any hope that with the iOS 5 we wouldn't need the phone adapter to use Mission Control or Minimalism?
I can verify that does work, I'm an iPhone developer and have iOS5 on my Phone - I found today that minimalism and Mission Control both work now. So when iOS5 goes into general release (very soon now!) those should work for everyone.

Does the calendar stuff work in iOS5?
Not sure, I've never used that.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:01 PM
randers51
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kgelner
I can verify that does work, I'm an iPhone developer and have iOS5 on my Phone - I found today that minimalism and Mission Control both work now. So when iOS5 goes into general release (very soon now!) those should work for everyone.

Not sure, I've never used that.
Thanks for the update. I am anxious to get those apps to work on the new Countryman we picked up on Friday night.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:47 PM
tornado
3rd Gear
Just tried an iPhone (3GS) with the Y cable and mini-connected plus the app installed.

I'm a bit confused by what some of the features are supposed to provide. I tried doing the Google search for location thru the Nav screen controller...but nothing seemed to happen. The Google Send To option is confusing to me...what is it sending and where is it sending it?

From the main Nav screen, under Mini Connected, there is something about "Plugin" activation. I can activate it...but the description text says something about the logical control of the external device is now activated. Since Mr. Spock is not sitting beside me, I'm stumped?!

Old 11-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Tread
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tornado
Just tried an iPhone (3GS) with the Y cable and mini-connected plus the app installed.

I'm a bit confused by what some of the features are supposed to provide. I tried doing the Google search for location thru the Nav screen controller...but nothing seemed to happen. The Google Send To option is confusing to me...what is it sending and where is it sending it?

From the main Nav screen, under Mini Connected, there is something about "Plugin" activation. I can activate it...but the description text says something about the logical control of the external device is now activated. Since Mr. Spock is not sitting beside me, I'm stumped?!
Hey I've used google search with some success just looking up specific businesses I was looking for. 'Whole Foods' for instance.

The Google send to car is a feature where you can find a location on google maps on the internet, and in the upper right corner you see a little envelope button. click that, choose 'car', and then put in your mini connected username. It will send the address to your car, where you receive it in the 'google send to car' option in mini connected. You can then have the Nav direct you there.

Plugin displays the iphones or ipods itunes interface on your screen as it's seen on your device. I'm not sure about the message you are seeing

Old 11-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Ron Avery
3rd Gear
My wife as a I phone 4, it works good with the hands free voice comand. We have a 2012 with Nav and Mini connected. If I say "phonebook" then the name (last name then the first) it dials the number. But when i use my I phone 3, it will not go past the first step. When I say the name (last name first ect) the voice says "building phone book for voice camande" My phone book dose show up on the screen, and I can scroll and select the name and number and make the call that way.
Any one have this problem?
Ron

Old 12-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Creakhead
2nd Gear
Woohoo anther update, and new features!

Driving Excitement:
The functions Condition Check, Force Meter and Digital Sport Instruments open up unique opportunities to let you get more enjoyment out of driving your MINI.

MINIMALISM Analyser and Mission Control:
Once again both functions are available with Apple iOS5 devices and the additional special version "Bluetooth mobile preparation with USB Audio Interface" (SA6NE) through an iPhone connection via USB/AUX-In –or– optional Snap-In adapter.

Mode switcher:
Predefined function profiles for the vehicle can be activated via the new mode selection in the iPhone app. The "Excitement Mode" focus is very much centred on the driver and his/her MINI, in order to enable the driver to experience the best possible go-kart feeling. In addition the active audio function can also be selected. In this mode all the other functions are deactivated.
It goes without saying that they are however still available in the usual way via the "MINIMALISM / Infotainment Mode".

Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Mojito
5th Gear
Just saw that too. Was hoping for more office functionality, but new features are cool too

Old 12-08-2011, 06:59 AM
threar
4th Gear
Now, if only they'd support background mode this would be more useful. Also, why is it that I can only get "Google Send to Car" in Infotainment mode? Excitement people don't need directions?

Old 12-08-2011, 12:09 PM
dez
4th Gear
Sorry if this answered elsewhere... But is it possible to use mini connected app just on your phone if u don't have the nav or connected in the car?

Old 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
Originally Posted by dez
Sorry if this answered elsewhere... But is it possible to use mini connected app just on your phone if u don't have the nav or connected in the car?

No

Old 12-08-2011, 09:23 PM
AnnArrogance
3rd Gear
Well, you can use the web radio on your phone, but that's pretty much it. Hubby and I have been listening to a couple of stations from South Africa (where he's from) on it.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Johnwes12
2nd Gear
My MA let me know today that the iPhone 4 snap in adapter is finally available and works. I just ordered it.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:16 PM
bentyyc
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Johnwes12
My MA let me know today that the iPhone 4 snap in adapter is finally available and works. I just ordered it.
Do you have a part #?

Old 12-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Johnwes12
2nd Gear
Sorry no. As soon as I have one I'll post it here

Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Just curious here - - - I've switched over to the cable. Does anyone else have a problem with Plug In? It operates as advertised, but it also freezes the system. To get out of Plug In, I have to un-connect the iPod and go back to the home button. I finally got tired of it and just use the standard interface.

P.S. - I've done all the updates to both Connect and IOS.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
rewdpost
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Sealy
Just curious here - - - I've switched over to the cable. Does anyone else have a problem with Plug In? It operates as advertised, but it also freezes the system. To get out of Plug In, I have to un-connect the iPod and go back to the home button. I finally got tired of it and just use the standard interface.

P.S. - I've done all the updates to both Connect and IOS.
I've run into this a couple of times so far when using the plug-in. Usually it just locks up and won't respond to the joystick but can "Home" out of the interface.
Hopefully a number of people report this on the app comments or through whatever other lines we have back to the Connected developers.