R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 03:38 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, AC, look at the bright side. You get another trip in your MINI (really can't go wrong with that unless it's 200 miles of stop & go traffic) and when they get done, it'll be (sorta) like getting a new MINI!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Sadly I couldn't request off for it, so the dealer is going to have it vallet driven up there and back. They're gonna be giving me another loaner for use down here when they have it for a week(ish).

I'd honestly much prefer to be putting the miles in my car myself, but I guess I can't really complain... At least the graphic's getting done! I'll be happy to see it driving down my street with the new Union Jack roof.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:53 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, so I guess I'm a bit confused. You have the British Flag Mirror Caps, and you are getting the Union Jack Roof Decal? Am I missing something??!!

Old 06-24-2009, 02:13 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Hahaha so sorry for the confusion! They're both gonna be British flags. =)

Old 06-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vexillogy...

The English flag / Union Jack flag got me wondering. I googled this up....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3D126%26um%3D1

Old 06-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Well that's interesting! O: Thanks for the link.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:57 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*bump*
Just wanted to wish all of my Oxygen Blue Buddies a
Happy & Safe 4th of July!!

Old 07-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
You too!

Man, had a bit of a scare in my MINI today... drove around everywhere with my friend I haven't seen in quite some time. Took her home and stayed for a little while and I backed out of her driveway... didn't realize there was a ditch next to it. Turned the wheel too hard and the front right tire fell right into the ditch. I heard her shriek before I realized I was in the ditch (didn't even feel it fall in... weird)... got out and had to have her brothers and boyfriend help me push him out.
I did a quick checkup to make sure everything was okay and I about cried when I saw the plastic just underneath the bumper was bent forwards and out of shape. I played with it some to try to pop it back and got it about halfway back. Drove home absolutely devastated.
After about five minutes of pacing and trying to find something to do I kept thinking about my car so I went back outside in the rain and fiddled with it more. Eventually I heard a rather audible "POP!" and it went completely back into place.
Thank god. It was driving me up the wall.. not sure why either.
I felt so relieved... now I'm definitely going to have to make sure several times over that there aren't any ditches near driveways I pull into :/ Ugh. That sucked.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:18 PM
choiblue
Neutral
question

Hi, what % is the tint in your windows? Thanks

the stubby antenna my bf got me for christmas!!
[/quote]

Old 07-06-2009, 02:29 PM
choiblue
Neutral
Hello

I'll be picking up my Mini next week and I'm trying to decide how dark the tinting on the windows should be... I would really appreciate it if those of you who have tinted windows would post pictures along with the percentage used to help me make a decision. Thanks!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:05 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
AC, sorry to hear of your mis-hap! Fortunately, it didn't end up any worse than what you described, but I know (don't ask me how) it's hard to endure ANY damage, however slight, to the OB MINI. Hopefully, you've done enough Motoring between then and now to Almost forget it ever happened...

choiblue--can't help 'ya on the tint (though I am curious myself) but congratulations on your soon-to-be-MINI!

Old 07-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Basil went to go get his roof decal put on at the dealership today.

The dealership told me that I would be getting a Mazda 6 as a loaner and I suppose they could tell with the disappointment in my tone that I was rather saddened at the news. I looked at it as only being more eager for my car to return.
Then I see a silver Cooper S pull up. Beaaautiful car. I was overjoyed when I saw they managed to get another MINI for me.

Must show a picture...!

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-5535_98430517910_702322910_2098918_8354715_n.jpg  
Old 07-14-2009, 04:37 PM
minitimes
1st Gear
Here's my new baby!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Gah! Absolutely adorable! Very, very pretty car you have here. I'm sure that you are absolutely ecstatic..! :D

Old 07-14-2009, 07:27 PM
minitimes
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Agent.COOPER
Gah! Absolutely adorable! Very, very pretty car you have here. I'm sure that you are absolutely ecstatic..! :D
I am, thank you! It's sooo cute, and I love the tuscan beige/anthacite combo. I always feel like people are staring at it when I drive by; of course, I am probably imagining this.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Hahaha I feel the same way, honestly!

Happy that the dealership just called me to tell me that my baby's back from the decal shop and he looks great. He's at the dealership now and is going to be cleaned up and brought back down here, hopefully tomorrow. So excited to see what he looks like...!

Old 07-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Love the color combo minitimes. The tuscan w/anthracite definitely unique and accent's the dash nicely.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:27 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
minitimes, that looks Fantastic. Great (and original--the MINI way) combination of colors and accents, right down to the tire valve covers! Congratulations--have an absolute blast and be sure to tell us all about your adventures!

Agent Cooper--congratulations to you too! So tell us, now that you got to play in the S, will you be leaving the O2B behind? You can't now that the roof's done--it's like getting a whole new MINI!

Old 07-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Ah, oops! Looks like I forgot to reply to this...

This is what he looks like now. Ignore my silly little Photoshop effects. :P

But I actually must say, I definitely prefer my little Basil over the MCS I drove. The MCS is just too much car for me to handle, too fast for normal driving. Hard to control... especially when you notice a cop not too far off.
Not to mention, I wanted something that was more fuel efficient. This one definitely is over the MCS. Went through a fourth a tank in two days in the MCS, Basil's been at half a tank since I've gotten him back (two weeks ago?). Guess my foot is a little heavier in the S than it is in Basil.. :p Thanks, too!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:42 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Congrats AgentCooper! You've definitely got it youified now! Have a blast in your "new" MINI!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Rhimeric
Neutral
Hey guys, I'm new to this site(and also to this club) and I'll be becoming an 2009 Mini Cooper Oxygen Blue owner in Sept(which is when the car is supposed to be delivered from England). I have NO IDEA how to properly surf through here it looks quite confusing. Is there anything I have to do to be a member of this O2 owners club? (ex. register..) There's just so many stuffs I'd want to do when the car gets here in Toronto, and I need to know how to get a use of this site first! So would someone PLEEEEASE give me a good advice?

Thanks

Old 08-07-2009, 04:49 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Rhimeric
Hey guys, I'm new to this site(and also to this club) and I'll be becoming an 2009 Mini Cooper Oxygen Blue owner in Sept(which is when the car is supposed to be delivered from England). I have NO IDEA how to properly surf through here it looks quite confusing. Is there anything I have to do to be a member of this O2 owners club? (ex. register..) There's just so many stuffs I'd want to do when the car gets here in Toronto, and I need to know how to get a use of this site first! So would someone PLEEEEASE give me a good advice?

Thanks
Welcome! You don't have to do anything to join us except show up.

Try looking in the Minis In General/1st Gear section. There's a sticky that offers info about tracking your MINI through production.

Oh, and you have to post the specs of your new MINI for all of us too "Ooooh & Ahhhh" over!
Lots of us just put it in our signature.

Just wander around in here and you'll be amazed at all the info. It's a good place!

Hi again to the rest of you! What's new?
Looks like we've all quieted down for the summer. I hope y'all are enjoying it! I hate that it just isn't long enough!
I need to give my Lucy a good bath and clean the nasty brake dust that's built up on the front wheels.
She has a little over 4,000 miles on her in about 7 months that I've owned her. She will last me forever at this rate. I'm trying to plan a road trip for me and Baxter to go to Philly one of these weeks. He's never been on a long trip like that before.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:38 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Hi everyone...it has been too long since I last posted! The summer has been busy and extremely hot here in Texas. Dallas is getting all of the rain and we are in a terrible drought.

Bruiser is holding up well! It has been almost 6 months since we picked him up and he has just over 5500 miles! The hardest part is allowing my husband to drive him on the weekends, his driving style varies greatly from mine! We are getting lots of exercise because Bruiser is not allowed to be parked among the commoners.

MINI's are taking over my neighborhood...a chili red with black bonnet stripes and roof just arrived a few months ago. There are a couple of clubmans and several silver coopers! The kids go crazy in the drop off lane at the elementary school when I drop off my daughter! I love this car!

I am sorry to hear of all the bumps and bruisers, i hope everything is on the road to recovery.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:37 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Welcome to the club, Rhimeric! Get all your chores taken care of now, 'cuz you'll be wanting to take road trips once your MINI arrives!

To all, hope you're having a great summer! We've had numerous adventures, including one this past weekend to Jamestown PA to the Penn Ohio Newf Club water rescue trials. The whole weekend was superb--the drive down and back (~2.5 hours) on beautiful, twisty backroads, seeing all those great Newfies doing their thing, a great dinner last night. Can't complain one iota. Have another trip to northern NY (Adirondack area) in a few weeks, and maybe another buzz up to New England before winding down for the fall.

I think I posted here (but I know I did elsewhere) that we had to say goodbye to Ted a few months ago. It's been a very difficult transition, but I like to think that she taught me a little about making the most of each day. I hope all our MINI outings are doing her proud, 'cuz she was so much of the inspiration for the MINI and I love it!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:45 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Don't know how many of u old skool oxy cats who are still on this thread, but I had to come back and share this pic with you. I have been gone from here for a long while. I haven't gotten to go out motoring with my locals either. I've been extremely busy as I went back to school in July of last year. I just went and got my first tattoo and I hope you can recognize my inspiration for part of it... For you new timers, I was dubbed "Queen of Oxygen Blue Accessorization" many moons ago... Here's another addition to my collection.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club