R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:37 PM
atori
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Agent.COOPER
There were some people from California there.
also! I saw your car there, atori -- but it was only a picture in Aesthetic Creations' example book. Haha. The guy seemed shocked when I correctly identified it. so in a small way you were there! Sort of. Haha.
Ah, well, I guess I was there in spirit, I mean a photograph in Mike's example book, but I really would love to go one of these years. I'm yearning for a road trip back east.

if only I could get some time off at work. :/

Old 05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by tedswoods
Blainstang, nice video--at least what I saw of it! The video kept pausing to buffer on my computer. One of these night when I do a little better planning, I'll let it play most of the way through then restart it and watch it uninterrupted. That 720p resolution is the cat's jammies. Nice job. The Dragon looks like a heap of fun!
Thanks... yeah, I have to pause it and let it load up for a while. In fact, my computer won't actually play the videos smoothly at all when they're in their full 960p resolution (the camera will do up to 1080p). But, when Youtube makes them 720p, I can watch them if I wait for it to load.

And yes, the Dragon is a blast

Old 05-20-2010, 06:35 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Hey, I found true Blue love again tonight!

Due to the weather (rain) and my work schedule, it has been waaaayyyyy too long since I washed tedscar! Finally, I got a chance tonight to get the first of the grunge off. I didn't have time to do the full deal, as it were, but it was GREAT to see the real Oxy Blue come shining through again! The first layer of bugs and grime is gone. Next time, with any luck, I can even get to claying it. (Oh, forgot to mention, I found just a wee little spot where the paint chipped. Has anyone used the touch-up kit?)

In any event, I just love the Oxy Blue. It made me feel grand to see the MINI sort of clean again!

Old 05-20-2010, 06:46 PM
amberback
5th Gear
Hey, I found true Blue love again tonight!

Due to the weather (rain) and my work schedule, it has been waaaayyyyy too long since I washed tedscar! Finally, I got a chance tonight to get the first of the grunge off. I didn't have time to do the full deal, as it were, but it was GREAT to see the real Oxy Blue come shining through again! The first layer of bugs and grime is gone. Next time, with any luck, I can even get to claying it. (Oh, forgot to mention, I found just a wee little spot where the paint chipped. Has anyone used the touch-up kit?)

In any event, I just love the Oxy Blue. It made me feel grand to see the MINI sort of clean again!
Mine got a paint chip in the first like 2 weeks! Gah! On the front passenger's side on one of the corners a little bit came off. I need to get a paint kit... but haven't figured out where i should get one from. :(

Old 05-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
It seems a good cleaning always reignites the MINI passion. :D

BTW, a couple other things related to O2Blue MINIs:

- Did anyone else see the OB/B MINI at the very beginning of last week's episode of "The Mentalist"?

- If anyone in Ontario still wants a brand new OB MINI, there's one at MINI Oakville. :D I wonder how many brand new OB MINIs are left on the lots?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:27 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Blainestang
Did anyone else see the OB/B MINI at the very beginning of last week's episode of "The Mentalist"?
Did not. But it probably could have been filmed at my house!

If anyone in Ontario still wants a brand new OB MINI...
Oooh, Oooh, pick me

Old 05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Originally Posted by amberback
I need to get a paint kit... but haven't figured out where i should get one from. :(
I got one as a gift. I assumed it came from the dealer (not the gift, the touch-up paint--which was the gift. But not from the dealer). Have you tried asking yours?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:58 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
- Did anyone else see the OB/B MINI at the very beginning of last week's episode of "The Mentalist"?
So long as it is NOT a Hospital Show!! Do you know which segment?? There seems to be about 5 on the 5/12/10 showing.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
So long as it is NOT a Hospital Show!! Do you know which segment?? There seems to be about 5 on the 5/12/10 showing.
The MINI was at the VERY beginning. The scene is a hotel (or something like that), so the scene begins at an outside view of the overhang where people are parking/valet-ing cars... and there's a MINI front and center.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:43 PM
amberback
5th Gear
I got one as a gift. I assumed it came from the dealer (not the gift, the touch-up paint--which was the gift. But not from the dealer). Have you tried asking yours?
well, i tried calling a couple times... but they're only open the same times that I'm at work and I was on hold for awhile then asked me to leave a message so I gave up. Plus... unless they're going to mail it to me, it'd be an hour drive each way just to go pick it up.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
amber, the tube is a pretty small little unit so mailing it would probably be OK (until they had to answer all the questions about hazardous, liquid, flammable, etc. at the Post Office). An hour drive each way?? Why heck, that's just a little Motoring adventure, isn't it?

Actually, I get it. I know it's inconvenient / difficult scheduling. I hope you can get it worked out. No MINI ought to have a chip on its shoulder, especially an Oxy Blue...

Old 06-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
I got mine from Cincinnati mini. You can probably order them online.

sorry it's been so long guys! I had a lot of life events that has made it difficult to use the Internet recently... But! Yesterday was basil's first birthday! I can't believe he's already a year old! he got a birthday checkup/oil change to celebrate... As well as almost getting into a wreck because people really don't know how to dive or use turn signals. :/ oh well!
How's life been for all you other o2b owners? :D great, I hope!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Finally got my clear side marker lens' from Outmotoring! Mindy is looking good. Are any of you going to MINIs at The Pub this weekend?

Old 06-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Where would that be located?

Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
amberback
5th Gear
Where would that be located?
Cleveland, OH

Old 06-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Supercoopr
3rd Gear
Ahhhh, on vacation all this week and what do I choose to do? That's right, wash and wax my OxyBlue MINI. She looks mah-velous!!!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:45 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Hey, AC, Happy Birthday to Basil. Our little babies grow up so fast, don't they (or at least accumulate miles)? Glad you're both still in one piece (maybe two) as of today. I had someone pull right out in front of me today too, so I know what you're talking about. What is it? Are we invisible, or do people just not pay attention? Methinks it's more the latter, but who knows.

amberback, sorry to miss the Pub event, but I went through Cleveland (well, around it) last weekend on my way to Eric's Riverrun https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...un-2010-a.html . Had a blast; you should have joined us! I gotta rest up for MINIs on Top later this month...

ITP, Right on! Unfortunately between farms and rain and roadworks, I've had a devil of a time keeping the MINI clean this year, but hopefully this weekend...

Happy Motoring to all you Blues out there!

Old 06-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by amberback
Cleveland, OH
Oh cool! That's only like a 3 hour drive from here! I'll look it up. If I can manage getting it all planned starting now (meaning no early registration cutoffs) -- I'm in!

Old 06-02-2010, 09:14 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not much going on at this end...except RAIN!! Molly was all nicely Detailed by Mini2na while I was recouperating from Surgery and now...Ugghhh!!

I have had so many close calls, a Van cut us off Today, I had to avoid a HUGE **** Cadillac over the Weekend with Our Oldest Daughter in the car, she couldn't believe that we were able to avoid the IDIOT!!

WA enacted a Law on Cell Phone Use effective 06/10/2010, it will become a Primary Offense, where as before it was NOT, you had to be observed doing an Infraction, then if they saw you on your Cell they would ticket you for that as well. We've seen plenty of Driver's being STUPID and thinking that they CAN Talk on their Cell Phone and Drive at the same time!! We flash them the "Hang up and Drive" Symbol, the Sign for "LOVE", but held upside down...indicating the Handset being Hung-UP!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 06-02-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:24 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Oh cool! That's only like a 3 hour drive from here! I'll look it up. If I can manage getting it all planned starting now (meaning no early registration cutoffs) -- I'm in!
No registration required and it is free! (Info, if you didn't find it on your own: http://www.pubminimeet.com/) I'd love to see you there!

The weather is calling for sporadic thunderstorms the next two days! No! I need to get Mindy washed and waxed and ready to go.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:03 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
I LOVE this color!

FINALLY, after a string of 80+ degree weather, rainstorm after storm, excuse after excuse, I made time to clean tedscar inside and out today (a nice 70-ish degree day). It took several hours and though it wasn't the bee's knees kind of job I'd like to do, it looks so (SO) much better than it has for a long time! Standing back, admiring my work and remembering the dog for whom the MINI honors, it put a smile on my face. That Oxygen Blue is one spiffy color--I love it!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:27 PM
atori
1st Gear
Wanted to share a few pictures of my birthday cake (had a few melting issues on the drive home from the AZ heat).

Old 06-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Kavin
Neutral
Oxygen blue owner

Hey guys,
Its Kavin, an oxygen blue owner from cypress CA. I am wondering if any oxygen blue owners happen to live around my area. It'll cool to have some sort of gathering with our minis.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:21 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Hey Kavin, welcome! I couldn't live much farther away from you, but I'm sure some of these yaehoos must be out your way. It's OK to play with other color MINIs too, ya know...

Have fun and welcome to the Club!

atori--Happy Birthday to you! (and your MINI!)

Old 06-22-2010, 09:21 AM
amberback
5th Gear
I saw my first oxygen blue out in the wild other than mine last week! Looked like it had Ohio plates and I almost parked a mile from the mall just so I could park by it - that's how excited i was! haha.

Also, I was the only O2 at MINIs at the Pub earlier this month.

A few friends have told me they've seen one the same color, but I suspect some of them are confusing it with electric blue which is sorta like a metallic version of O2.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club