R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:17 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
We have 2-Four Legged Kids too, to see pics. go to my gallery. They will NOT be riding in Molly!!
Awww RJ, what nice dogs! Ted says 'load 'em up'! Life's too short not to enjoy the company of your dogs (and vice-versa) on those MINI road trips!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:14 PM
minianna
1st Gear
hello all, it's annasassy. i didn't like my username so i got another one! haha.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:40 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by minianna
hello all, it's annasassy. i didn't like my username so i got another one! haha.
Well, hi there!!! I changed my user name once upon a time, too!!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:56 AM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
I need to change mine, too.
As soon as I think of a more appropriate one!

Old 12-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by tedswoods
Congratulations wannab AND Blainestang (AND Harley--Ted approves!) !

Thanks for the congratulations...

I *just* got the call from my MA that our MINI has arrived at the dealer... FINALLY!

It took a full MONTH (Nov. 29 - Dec. 29) for her to go from completion to the dealer! Why couldn't we live in New York or something? I guess the year-round Motoring weather is worth it, though!

So, we are supposed to go pick her up tonight around 6pm, but we're thinking we might show up early in order to look her over in natural light. You can be sure we'll take plenty of pictures... and plenty more on our trip to Tennessee (and "The Dragon") which we'll be leaving for tomorrow

Now, to talk them down on the ridiculous $599 "documentation fee" and the interest rate they've artificially inflated to pad their pockets on a car I'm ALREADY paying sticker for.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:39 AM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Ohh, finally! Good that you'll have her for tomorrow's trip, too!
Looking forward to pics!

Old 12-29-2008, 05:08 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Congratulations Blainestang! I am sure the wait was excrutiating...at least it is finally here! Fortunately mine will come in on the East Coast and then will be trucked to San Antonio, but with the factory closed the past month my wait will be long too. The order was placed on 12/4. According to Ask MINI it should go into production during Week 2.

Can't wait to see pictures!

Old 12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Somebody must be out driving the new Mini!

Last edited by wannab drivin; 12-29-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:36 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Hey, that's great Blainestang! Congratulations! Have a great trip and even greater fun at the Dragon. I can only imagine this is a great time of year to visit that stretch of road.

wannab, you must be grinnin' from ear to ear--have a blast in that purdy MINI! How do the dogs like it?

CooperDreams, you're one of us? An O2B in waiting? Well, as I think everyone here would agree, it's well worth the wait (and don't think we don't get year-round drivin' here in NY--it just gets more fun in the winter)! Check out this thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...snow-pics.html for many who think the MINI in snow is the greatest thing since...well...the MINI not in snow.

minianna...welcome back in your new name!

Old 12-29-2008, 05:41 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Yes, congrats, Cooper Dreams!

I haven't had the dogs in the Mini yet. Just got my Poochstyle liner/mat this afternoon, so soon.
Baxter could use a good grooming and brushing. I know once he gets in the car there will be Baxter hair everywhere. I'm sort of putting it off a bit.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:45 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Yep, OB in waiting...the wait is about to kill me. I wish my husband had waited to tell me about til Christmas so the wait would have been shortened by about 2 weeks! It is supposed to be schedule for production in Week 2...I am guessing it will arrive toward the end of February/beginning of March.

Here in Texas, i will definitely get year-round driving too. We had a beautiful 70 degree day today without a cloud in the sky! We only get snow about once a decade! If it ices, no one leaves the house!

Old 12-29-2008, 05:49 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
If it makes you feel any better (probably not!), I ordered my Mini on 11/17 and she was at the dealer just about a month later.
And as everyone else says, the wait is worth it!

Old 12-29-2008, 05:53 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CooperDreams
We had a beautiful 70 degree day today without a cloud in the sky!
And your MINI will match that sky!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After several rainy days the sun came out.

Last edited by Oxybluecoop; 12-29-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:34 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations to all the NEW OB/W/B Owners. It is well worth the wait that's for sure!! 2 Months to the Day for me, Ordered on my 45th B-Day, Feb. 19th and took Delivery of Molly on April 19!!

Hey all, I'm lookin' for some Winter Wheels...any suggestions?? Can't blow the bank roll though.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:04 PM
minianna
1st Gear
Yep, OB in waiting...the wait is about to kill me. I wish my husband had waited to tell me about til Christmas so the wait would have been shortened by about 2 weeks! It is supposed to be schedule for production in Week 2...I am guessing it will arrive toward the end of February/beginning of March.

Here in Texas, i will definitely get year-round driving too. We had a beautiful 70 degree day today without a cloud in the sky! We only get snow about once a decade! If it ices, no one leaves the house!
cooperdreams, i'm not too far from you in waco, tx!

Old 12-29-2008, 09:33 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
minianna, I noticed that! I have family in Waco too. I saw there was someone from China Spring too, my aunt and uncle own a nursery there.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:42 PM
DanF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by OXYBLUECOOP

Your car is looking sweet as usual. Miss the checkered bonnet stripes though.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wannab drivin
Ohh, finally! Good that you'll have her for tomorrow's trip, too!
Looking forward to pics!
We're very glad, too. We were originally hoping to leave today, but MINI had other plans, as usual.

Pics are coming soon!

Congratulations Blainestang! I am sure the wait was excrutiating...at least it is finally here! Fortunately mine will come in on the East Coast and then will be trucked to San Antonio, but with the factory closed the past month my wait will be long too. The order was placed on 12/4. According to Ask MINI it should go into production during Week 2.

Can't wait to see pictures!
Congrats to you, too, CD! The wait can be excruciating, that's true, but it's worth it to have exactly the car you want in the end.

Originally Posted by wannab drivin
Somebody must be out driving the new Mini!
Well, at the time you posted, I think I was still in the Financing office, but at around 9:30, it was just time to Motor!

Originally Posted by tedswoods
Hey, that's great Blainestang! Congratulations! Have a great trip and even greater fun at the Dragon. I can only imagine this is a great time of year to visit that stretch of road.
Thanks! Unfortunately, it looks like it might rain on Friday, which is the day we planned to visit the Dragon... but we'll be playing it by ear. We may go even if it DOES rain, but we'll see.

Wow... looks great, OXY.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DanF
Your car is looking sweet as usual. Miss the checkered bonnet stripes though.
The stripes are magnetic and only worn on the weekends.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Well, the pictures are uploaded, so it's time for the OFFICIAL "I finally got my MINI" post!

So, we got to the dealer around 6:30 and were still working through negotiations and owners manuals until about 8:30pm... when we finally got to actually "take delivery."

My wife and I couldn't be happier with the color combination with the white Bridge Spokes, white top/mirrors, etc... and we love the O2Blue. Speaking of which, we ordered a personalized license plate that reads "O2 BLUE".

I think the only thing we were surprised about is that having not ordered any "special" interior trim like Fluid Silver, Piano Black, etc... that the door rings are the same color, material, and texture as the rest of the door!

We had never seen one like this until a week or so ago, and when we showed the MINI to our MA... he said he'd never seen one, either (!) and he said that ours would be silver and match the dash. I thought it may just be that they "ran out" of the silver like they did with the AH on the Clubman... although that WOULD make a little more sense as to why someone would pay $250 for Fluid Silver which isn't much different (at least on the configurator) than the Fine White Silver or whatever it's called... if they were getting door rings as well.

So, when we noticed it was the same color and texture, he asked another salesman and he said that was the "standard" door ring if you don't order a "special" trim upgrade. It seems that that is the case based on the MINI USA site, but having never seen one like that before despite seeing MANY in person and even more online, it was surprising. Is this a new "cost cutting" measure for '09, or is that the way it's been since '07?

Maybe it's always been like that... I've just never seen one like that and never noticed on the configurator since we spent so little time on the interior... so we (and my MA) assumed that the rings would be silver. Really, it's not a HUGE deal... the all black looks OK... it's just another "I planned for one thing and the result was different" that was kind of surprising to us.

Anyway, without further delay... PICTURES! (Which are relatively poor quality due to poor lighting and camera skills)

On the truck:

The Engine:

No Emblem!... but I did get the "Smokers Package" which is (or was) supposed to be eliminated, as well as a FULL tool kit and a spare tire, which I didn't think I would get since I have runflats. I guess they give Coopers spares even if they have runflats .

The proud parents:

My wife thinks it looks like we photoshopped ourselves into the picture because of how small the MINI looks behind us

In the Garage with one of the Mustangs (I promise we painted the garage BEFORE we planned to get an O2B MINI ):

Well... I think that's it for now...

I wanted to post a few before we left so as not to keep my fellow O2B owners waiting!

Oh, and by the way, I just taught my wife to drive stick TODAY!... Fortunately she's a quick learner!

Oh, and I'll take a picture of the "DTC" button shortly, since that's one of the things that makes our Cooper special. Well, not the button itself... but yeah. Like I probably mentioned before, I don't know of any Coopers built before ours with DTC.

I guess it's my MINI duty to really test it out!

Oh, one more think I just thought of... I thought I read that the Cooper's chrome bar grill was blocked off... but it seems from the last picture that it's not. Did I read wrong (or get bad info), or is it normal for the Cooper's grill to be "open"?

OK... hopefully next time I post, I should have plenty more pics of the MINI and hopefully some on the Dragon, too.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:43 AM
sbaker
3rd Gear
minianna, I noticed that! I have family in Waco too. I saw there was someone from China Spring too, my aunt and uncle own a nursery there.
Hi CooperDreams,
I'm the wacky former Oxy Blue owner that lives in China Spring. Since we only have one nursery (that I know of) close to China Spring, I'm guessing that your aunt and uncle own Storm's Nursery.

Congratulations on your Oxy Blue baby! You'll love it when it finally gets here.
Sara

Old 12-30-2008, 09:44 AM
DanF
5th Gear
The stripes are magnetic and only worn on the weekends.
By the condition of your bonnet it looks like using magnetic stripes do not cause any type of scratching or damage to the paint as I have heard others say on here. Your bonnet still looks perfect.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 AM
DanF
5th Gear
Congrats on the new Cooper, Blain. Lots of nice pics there. That's funny with the garage color.

The lower slat on the chrome grill is open. The upper slats are blocked or that is how it was on my original 07 chrome grill, which now has been replaced.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
[quote=Blainestang;2608375]Well, the pictures are uploaded, so it's time for the OFFICIAL "I finally got my MINI" post!

No Emblem!... but I did get the "Smokers Package" which is (or was) supposed to be eliminated, as well as a FULL tool kit and a spare tire, which I didn't think I would get since I have runflats. I guess they give Coopers spares even if they have runflats .

quote]
I got the toolkit, I think. It's under the boot in back?
I did not get a spare tire, though and I also have RFs But where does it even fit? Doesn't look like there's room under the boot.
How can they make two nearly identical cars, produced the same week (49?) with different basic specs?

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club