R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Grantakerous
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You got me

WOW.

Going to order my MC tomorrow (can't wait) - been debating colors for a while...thought we'd settled on the pure silver, but I went and saw an oxy blue at a dealer this week and relly liked it.... and this thread has pushed me over the edge. I'm converted!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Grantakerous
WOW.

Going to order my MC tomorrow (can't wait) - been debating colors for a while...thought we'd settled on the pure silver, but I went and saw an oxy blue at a dealer this week and relly liked it.... and this thread has pushed me over the edge. I'm converted!
If you think you are over the edge now, just wait until you actually GET your OB. The most wowest color ever

Welcome!

Old 08-10-2007, 06:26 PM
novalyne
Neutral
One more Oxy Blue in D/FW

I've been following this thread and loved all the talk about D/FW (hi from Carrollton), hoping that soon I'd be joining your ranks...

As posted over in the welcome thread, instead of having to order my MINI, my MA was able to find one on the boat heading to another dealer. I got a call from her today that he has been successfully moved into their inventory today and he's all mine. Yippee!

He will be Oxygen Blue with a Black top, Piano Black interior surface, premium and cold packages, plus foglights. Thanks to advice from this forum, I'm going to have his sunroof and possibly the other windows tinted.

I fell in love with the color immediately but I have not actually seen one in the flesh...the dealer (Dallas MINI) says they've only sold a handful and they always go within a day of arriving to the dealership.

So needless to say, I'm just so excited I can hardly stand it. The insanity part comes next, I'm sure...I'll get him at the end of August.

(As posted over in the new forum thread)...

Is it weird that I have already named him? (His name is Gaucho...I'm from Texas and he'll be a rugged cowboy, but like the Brazilian gauchos, this boy is gonna have STYLE...)

Last edited by novalyne; 08-10-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:29 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw a girl at lunch today in scrubs...and they were Oxygen Blue!!!!! It's rare to see that exact shade out and about, especially for someone untrained in the art of OB accessorization such as I.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:33 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by novalyne
my MA was able to find one on the boat heading to another dealer.
Congrats, novalyne...from another D/FW OB owner!!! Moritz has two OBs on the lot right now and those are the only OB MINIs I ever see....none on the road. It is a rare and very cool color!!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Congrats, novalyne! I got mine as a "diversion off the boat" through MINI of Dallas. I blanketed the West Coast looking for one instead of waiting months to order, and M of D pulled it off

Moritz had an OB/W on the lot back in late June. I saw it at the Central Market in FW in late July (at least I think it was it...same specs, with a Moritz sticky and temp plates). Only other one I've seen. Looks like you and gokart will be among the MINI color elite in DFW. I still haven't seen one up here in the Seattle area, although my daughter said she spied one up by the U of Washington last month.

Now, you have something fun to take you through the teaching year Enjoy the rest of your summer! (I also teach).

Old 08-12-2007, 06:44 AM
mommashine
4th Gear
WHAT?! did you pounce her and find out where she got them? i must know...

Originally Posted by gokartride
I saw a girl at lunch today in scrubs...and they were Oxygen Blue!!!!! It's rare to see that exact shade out and about, especially for someone untrained in the art of OB accessorization such as I.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:28 AM
newoxyblue
Neutral
hi all-
Finally got the most beautiful MINI I've ever seen this past Friday. It is true about actually seeing the OB in person because it is an amazing color.

I love driving the car and everything about it..especially the glow of those moodlights at night!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:17 AM
ChrisSBU
1st Gear
Hi, all...

Just thought I'd say hi. I just got back to my office after picking up our new O2B MC with a white top, and it turned out beautiful. It definitely stands out! My wife is actually driving it home as we speak, and has the camera with all the pics and video, which she'll be offloading this afternoon.

I have to give props to Greg at Towne Mini up here in Buffalo, NY. They did a great job taking wonderful care of us, and we'd recommend anyone else looking to feel comfortable shopping there

Chris

Old 08-13-2007, 09:44 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mommashine
WHAT?! did you pounce her and find out where she got them? i must know...
Well in all honesty I did consider this, but I'm allergic to mace.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChrisSBU
I just got back to my office after picking up our new O2B MC with a white top, and it turned out beautiful.
Fantastic, Chris...welcome to the club!!! Motor proudly in the amazing aura of Oxygen Blue!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 02:52 PM
novalyne
Neutral
Aaagh, this thread is killing me, I still have 2-3 more weeks to wait! newoxyblue and ChrisSBU, I'm glad that you are affirming the beauty of the oxy blue. I still haven't seen it in person yet.

But I knew I was making the right choice when I went for the test drive and the chili red and mellow yellow (my previous preferences) just didn't do much for me anymore!

Old 08-13-2007, 05:06 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by novalyne
I still haven't seen it in person yet.
Uh-oh....we got one of the crazies here (which I commend you for, btw). I hadn't seen OB either and let me say you are in for a treat...but not before some sleepless nights, right?

So....you might want to become a NAMaholic for a few days...I know of no other real help at this fragile point. You've got to vent some of this nervous energy. Go to off-topic and jump in one of the games. Or fret over your first motoring tunes. Or reasearch and get a detailing kit together!!

Good luck!!!!!

Last edited by gokartride; 08-13-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Well in all honesty I did consider this, but I'm allergic to mace.
pah! u sir are not skilled in the art of pouncing... if u carry a little milk with u, it'll get that burning sensation right out... lol..

have u noticed that the lid on the Tide w/ Febreeze Meadows & Rain matches almost perfectly?

Old 08-14-2007, 06:30 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
u sir are not skilled in the art of pouncing...
I am forced admit that this is so.

have u noticed that the lid on the Tide w/ Febreeze Meadows & Rain matches almost perfectly?
As insignificant and obscure as this information may seem, I confess that in all likelihood next time I'm at the store I will dutifully check out the product mentioned and, if only for a moment, greatly admire the choice of packaging color.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:39 AM
ravenman
1st Gear
ITS HERE

I got Balthier on Friday. The oxygen blue color is amazing. I have had more compliments on it in 5 days then on my liquid yellow that I had for 3 years. I am trying to insert a pic but it asks for a url for the pic. Is there an easy way to put a pic in the text?. mark

Old 08-15-2007, 12:53 PM
ravenman
1st Gear
just checking if pic is in

just trying to figure out how to get my pic in my signature

Old 08-15-2007, 02:05 PM
ikshar
3rd Gear
Ravenman, that is certainly one nice baby you have there!!!! NICE NICE NICE!!!
i should be seeing mine....soon.....

Old 08-15-2007, 02:08 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ravenman
I got Balthier on Friday. The oxygen blue color is amazing. I have had more compliments on it in 5 days then on my liquid yellow that I had for 3 years.
Big congrats on the MINI, on it being OB, and on the apparent good taste of your neighbors/friends!!

Old 08-15-2007, 08:55 PM
mtgperson
2nd Gear
Picture of Oxygen Blue solid

I saw this Oxygen Blue cooper at MINI Richmond, it look exactly like the one I ordered. The color on the real car is just gorgeous!

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-img_0154.jpg   Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-img_0156.jpg  
Old 08-21-2007, 05:35 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Shameless bump to say "Hi" to all my fellow OB motorers and admirers!!!

okay....I came to ogle, too!!! (I can't see my car at the moment.)

Old 08-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
. . . okay....I came to ogle, too!!! (I can't see my car at the moment.)
Get out of your chair and walk to the window . . . see, it's right there.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:13 PM
smurfette
Neutral
80 days and still counting...

It's been 80 days since I ordered my OB/W MC... I haven't been thinking much about it until I found out it has crossed the ocean and it is now on a train from the East! Now I can't wait!

Old 08-22-2007, 12:25 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by smurfette
Now I can't wait!
I think this part of the wait is the hardest. Good luck and have a blast w/ your new MINI!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 12:42 PM
korby
6th Gear
Saw OB for the first time today , This is the color I would get if I got a non S Mini .Reminds me of 1960's Karman Ghia color .

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club