R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 05:04 PM
PDM-DC
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MiffyinDC
I am pleased to report to the OB Owners Club that there is one more proud member in your ranks. My Mini arrived and was delivered safe and sound this morning. Still missing an ordered dealer-installed option (matching leather shifter and ****, to go with steering wheel and e-brake) but resplendent nonetheless. And fun to ride! The skies are blue and clear today here in DC and the Mini is just radiant!

For anyone who's interested here are a few pictures. There are a few more in my gallery.
That is an excellent color. We are just bummed that it is not available on the S.

BTW, I think we ran into you at the dealer--we were the ones with the baby terrorizing everyone. Thanks for the tip about this site. Looking forward to ordering, hopefully soon.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 AM
jankey
1st Gear
Please could someone tell me how to download the cute little badges so I can be a member too.
Also how to post photos on message?

Old 08-27-2007, 05:36 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jankey
Please could someone tell me how to download the cute little badges so I can be a member too.
Also how to post photos on message?
for the badge: go to the first post of this thread... that's where all the badges are...

to post a pic: you have to host the pic somewhere... you can do it here in your gallery (ie: up in the top left corner click 'gallery' next to 'forums', then on the far right side, click 'upload photos', click 'browse' at the bottom, locate the pico on ur computer and click 'upload/submit) or go to somewhere like photobucket.com... either way, once you get it hosted on the internets, right click your photo where ever you hosted it and go to properties, highlight the entire address and then hit ctrl+c, go back to nam and when you are ready to post, clik the little yellow box in your toolbar above the white box you type your posts in. a box should pop up that says 'Script Prompt'. (you may have to allow popups to see the box) click the empty box to type in so your cursor flashes there, and hit ctrl+v this will paste it into the box. Then just hit ok.

this should cover it... smack me if this doesn't make any sense...

Old 08-27-2007, 05:48 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
ha! yeah i guess i should tell you how to get the badge in your sig line huh?

go to the first post of this thread, right click the badge you want, click save, put it somewhere on your computer that is easy to find.

on the left side of NAM, click 'Sig-o-matic', at the bottom, you have an option to either type an address of a pic or underneath that, you can browse your computer to find one you already have. if you saved the badge from post #1 then you will do that latter... click 'Browse', find the image you saved, then click 'Process Image', a screen will come up with your signature resized and sharpened, select the one you like. The next screen will bring you to where you can type in something cute to go with it. Some folks around here like to type a description of their current/past/future minis... i have a song quote and a nickname... whatever your fancy really... type what you like or nothing at all, and click the link that says 'Insert Signature Picture', you can click 'Preview Signature' to make sure you like the layout and feel of it before you save. Once your are pleased with it, click 'Save Signature'

Old 08-28-2007, 07:51 AM
ikshar
3rd Gear
okay, now how do we post a photo AND our badge?? lol

i have more pics in my gallery now....shows the many colors of my one and only OB...depending on the sun!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ikshar
okay, now how do we post a photo AND our badge?? lol
I had to make my first one in paint.. the one i have now was done for me...

in paint there is this little icon in the top left corner that allows you to cut out something by using a box shaped outline... you will have to open your badge in a paint program and cut it out with the boxy thingy... align your cursor at one of the top corners of the picture and while holding the mouse button down, drag it to the opposite corner... let go of the mouse and hit ctrl+c (sound familiar? lol)

open your pic of ur baby in paint and if you look closely, you will see tiny blue cubes in the middle of each side of your pic. click and drag the one on the right all the way to the right side of your screen. hit ctrl+v and it will paste your badge into the top left corner of the screen... click and drag it over to the right edge of the pic of your car... you may have to do some adjusting to get them to line up... remember, you can always hit ctrl+z to undo something... whatever you copied (ctrl+c) will remain in your virtual clipboard until you copy something else... so if you need to you can repaste it simply by hitting ctrl+v again...

to adjust your pics you can outline them by that same boxy thingy we discussed earlier, click the little blue squares and just drag it to the size you want... it may be easier to align your badge to your pic than your pic to your badge... once you have them lined up, hit ESC.. you will see those same little blue boxes in the center of each side of your combined pic... just click them and drag them towards your pics until you no longer see white around it... now click file and 'save as' and name it something like 'newsiggy' or something easy... then you just follow the previous steps on how to post a pic in your siggy...

*this concludes todays lessons, bring me a red apple for my desk!*

Old 08-29-2007, 06:41 AM
ikshar
3rd Gear
thank you thank you for the pointers!!!! that will be my, ~~ahem~~ "work" project today!!
your apple is on the way..i went with the macintosh...thought that was the standard "give to teacher" apple....lol

Old 08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
jankey
1st Gear
Test for badge

Just to see if it magically appears here.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:06 PM
jankey
1st Gear
Badge

QOBA - Thanks so much - not only do you get an apple .... you get the whole pie!

Old 08-29-2007, 12:09 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jankey
QOBA - Thanks so much - not only do you get an apple .... you get the whole pie!
She can place it right next to her Oxygen Blue tiara!!

Old 08-29-2007, 06:37 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
yay pie!!! woot woot!!

Old 08-29-2007, 06:53 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Love the siggy update, ms!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:30 AM
ikshar
3rd Gear
My car is in the shop having some tinting done and clear bra put on...will post pictures tomorrow....
:- )

Old 08-31-2007, 06:33 AM
mtgperson
2nd Gear
I picked up my OB MINI Wednesday nite, the car is amazing, I love the way it drives, the on-board computer, the MINI rubber floormats, the color, basically everything about it

Old 08-31-2007, 07:25 AM
ikshar
3rd Gear
Well congratulations for getting your OB!! look forward to some pictures!!!
Floor mats... I actually have no MINI floor mats right now, apparently they are backordered to my dealer, so I am waiting for the carpet and the rubber floor mats to come in......Had to use some old floor mats that I have ~sigh~

Oh well!! LOL

Here is my tinted ride... Limo on the back three (5%) and nothing other than factory on the front.... as it is illegal here and I drive much much hiway...didn't want to tempt the police!

I sure get dusty fast on these country roads!! LOL

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-imgp2250.jpg  
Old 09-01-2007, 08:08 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
now u need u a cute personalized vinyl graphic in white to offset that limo tint... i got mine at http://www.graphxonline.com/designonline/ for cheap and they sent me a free extra just in case... great folks... best font is BadAcid

Last edited by mommashine; 09-01-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
ikshar
3rd Gear
LOL I did indeed get some vinyl graphics to spice up the limo tinting...(i have a friend who works in a vinyl shop!! WOOO HOOOOOOO) I will have to post from work or someone elses house because I have dial up here at home! LOL Am going to the mountains tomorrow morning so will definetly be taking some more photos!! (jasper, alberta)
YEEE HAAA !!!

Old 09-03-2007, 12:21 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ikshar
LOL I did indeed get some vinyl graphics to spice up the limo tinting
ah yes... great minds... great minds...

Old 09-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*Attention*

Attention all Oh Two Blue owners. Be on the lookout for vinyl fake leopard skin. Our friend, Mr. Kart has a life's dream of having said vinyl made into seat covers and possibly a roof graphic. If found, PM him the location and price.

*as you were*

Old 09-03-2007, 06:56 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Uncle_John
Mr. Kart has a life's dream of having said vinyl made into seat covers and possibly a roof graphic.
ACK!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:57 PM
MiniEsq
4th Gear
I have a brand new Oxygen Blue Cooper!! Can I join?? :-D
(as soon as I figure out how, I'll post a picture)

Old 09-03-2007, 09:33 PM
MiniEsq
4th Gear
Ok, the pic of my Cooper is in my gallery

Old 09-04-2007, 06:21 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniEsq
I have a brand new Oxygen Blue Cooper!!
Very nice, MiniEsq!!!! Welcome to the club!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 09:59 PM
MiniEsq
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Very nice, MiniEsq!!!! Welcome to the club!!!
Thanks! I'm very excited!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 02:20 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I made a picture in Photoshop of my OC/W MINI from the owner's manual...suitable for framing!! It's easy to customize since it's a line drawing, any Cooper color combo can be inserted. I posted this pic elsewhere, but not the following...I have the files!!!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club