R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Please post pictures of your R56 here...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Vinyl Styles
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We haven't done a door handle install on a 56 yet. We'll be doing one this Friday though, so I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Lagston@VinylStyles
We haven't done a door handle install on a 56 yet. We'll be doing one this Friday though, so I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
If you have an extra person on the scene, TAKE PICS! We'll be eternally grateful!

Old 11-20-2007, 11:34 AM
got.pho?
4th Gear
whats a belt line? =[

Im diggin that PW!

Last edited by got.pho?; 11-20-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by got.pho?
whats a belt line? =[
Good question! There's a piece of silver trim on MINIs...above the trim is the windows...below, is the body. That trim marks the beltline.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:00 PM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
And it offends me every time I look at it. The chrome has got to go.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr
Different folks, different strokes. At least you have options.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:26 PM
jascooper
5th Gear
If you want a real cheap way to do the beltline, get a roll of vinyl electric tape (3/4"). I put a test piece on and it is still sticking to the metal (but it will not stick to itself for long, so you can't overlap it). Use a sharp X-Acto knife to trim the ends and excess.

Cost to do a car = $0.60

Old 11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Different folks, different strokes. At least you have options.
How dare you suggest we could have different opinions. This is teh internets, man!

Old 11-20-2007, 01:42 PM
youyudelan
1st Gear
Originally Posted by flaco
Nice Blackout job. Try the beltline. It's easy.
i will do the beltline for sure...
it make the car looks a lot nicer~

Old 11-20-2007, 01:45 PM
youyudelan
1st Gear
How hard was it to get to the door handle? I did it on my R53 but haven't heard of anyone doing it on an R56 yet.
it's hard... it take about 2.5hours and you need special tools too~
if you take a good look of the picture, you will know that i have the door handles down at MINI Dealship~

i get the black out handle almost for Free, but install cost big $$~

Old 11-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Gesler
Neutral
newbie with new mini

just wanted to post a pic of our new mini cooper s. its a completely stripped one except for auto transmission for the wife.

Attached Thumbnails Please post pictures of your R56 here...-img_1720.jpg  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gesler
just wanted to post a pic of our new mini cooper s. its a completely stripped one except for auto transmission for the wife.
Nice shot of the red leaves with the red car. Does the car turn British Racing Green in the spring?

Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 PM
r56mini
6th Gear
Nice color combo. It is very sexy stripped..

Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Zimmy330
1st Gear
Hi everyone..my first post here!

Kinda long story...

I've been a BMW driver for years and still do. Been hangout over at bimmerforums, bimmberfest and E46fanatics for many many years. I currently drive a 2001 330i and lately have been eyeing the 335i, but I think I'll wait a few more years to let it mature. Anyway back to MINI subject......

About six months ago me and my wife were flipping channels on Direct TV, and we stubbled upon an interesting movie. You know...the one with Mark Wahberg and Charlize Theron. My wife saw the three Minis and she turned to me and said "what a cute car, are they real? How come I never see them before?" I pardon her ignorance and informed her that they have been available since 2002. So, the next day as we were on the way home from our friends place, I decided to stop by a Mini dealer and let her see that they are truely real. Well, she instantly fell in love with Mini. At the time, she was driving a 1999 Honda Accord coupe and we were talking about trading it in for the new BMW 1 series coupe that is coming out next year. She said now that she saw the Mini, she would rather drive one over the 1 series. Like many of your, I spent a lot of time researching this car. About two months ago, I started visiting every Mini dealer in the 100 miles radius from my house searching for just the right car with the right options. I live in SoCal so there were about six or so dealers in this radius. After about a month of stalking these Mini dealerships, I just about given up and just order one. I though, well if I put an order in now, we can have the car by Christmas. So last week, as I was on my way home. I stopped by Irvine Mini and see if I can put an order in. My MA Bobby said that a shipment came in today and he thinks there may be one that I was looking for. He took me to the back lot and showed me a few MCS. Pepper white was our first choice so Bobby showed me one. It had over $3000 in options that we didn't want. Like auto tranny, convient package, heated seat (I looked over at Bobby and he shrugged and said" it gets cold here too you know"). Behind this pepper white MCS was a laser blue MCS. We went over to it and looked at the sticker. I look at bobby and said, this is what I was looking for! It wasn't pepper white but I don't think my wife would mind laser blue. I told Bobby to hold the car so I can bring my wife down tomorrow to see the car. The next day we came down after work and..........

Name:  tanyamcs.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  117.5 KB

Name:  tanyamcs2.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  89.3 KB

.......took it home!

This is what it came with: 6 speed, Sport, Hyper sport, Premium, HD HiFi radio, LSD, Antrchite headliner, leathertte, iPod interface(no charge).

I know I sound noobish, but WOW! This car is sooo fun to drive. It even sound like it has aftermarket exhaust! After having this car for a few days, I was amazed how many people simplily don't know about MINI. People would ask me what company is MINI and was it a new company! The funny thing is, after seeing our Mini, they would tell us afew days later..."Oh I saw one on the way home, or I saw one on the freeway billboard". We went down to San Diego(100miles south) over the weekend with two friends and they were amazed that a little car with a 1.6 litre engine can haul 4 grown-ups with ease. Now every morning I tell my wife...you can drive the bimmer today , she would reply...geeez you're so nice to let me take your bimmer. Oh..I promised her that I will not put any aftermarket stuff on the MCS. I can only visit NAM website at work, because at home, she is watchin me
Name:  330i.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  56.4 KB

Irvine MINI was very enjoyable to work with. Thanks to my MA Bobby for throwing in the iPod interface free of charge. I also like to thank one other person, Amanda White from Southbay MINI. She is a member on this board and a MCS GP driver. She almost sold me a MCS, but I couldn't justify paying $3000 extra for wheels that they slapped on the car. I rather put the cash toward other options. She tried so hard to get the manager to remove them but he wouldn't. I told her that I would buy it in a wink if they did. The car was exactly the one we were looking for too, in pepper white.

ASTRBLKR56

Congratulation on the car! That laser blue MCS behind you came in the same time as our car, and they were parked next to each other. It has everything but the kitchen sink and weigh in at over $37,000 . They sold it to another dealer a just few days ago.

Name:  IMG_0865.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  77.0 KB

Old 11-21-2007, 04:04 AM
flaco
4th Gear
Weloome! Nice looking car. Don't ever make promises about mods. You will break them.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:35 AM
byhsu
4th Gear
Zimmy330:

The first picture of your Laser Blue MCS looks really good. I like how the sun reflects of the side of the car. Laser Blue with White roof and Mirrors is a great choice. Welcome to NAM.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:17 PM
jmck
1st Gear
Hi all,

Today was Indian Summer in Virginia so I gave Noot maybe his last leisurely handwash of the year and then set out to get a few updated snaps...

Now he's tinted (35%) and has a DIY blackout belt line. I put some flat black paint on the hood grill trim and it looks really good, matching up well with the black trim that goes around the whole bottom of the car. I also taped out the side marker lights but think I'm now done with the black - I like the current balance.

I had a JCW engine kit (no badges) put on one week after delivery and am only now turning 1200 miles. Whoa, baby...

Come Spring, maybe a lowering. We'll see.

I tell ya, this car is just a crazy little adrenaline machine.

Woot! ...rhymes with Noot!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 03:48 PM
flaco
4th Gear
Very nice JMCK. I like your approach to modifications. I started out similiarly and just kept going. You would like Aesthetic Creations decal for the side light. It shows just enough chrome to maintain interest and it's easy to do. Also, I used Rustoleum high temperature barbecue black for my brake calipers and am very satisfied with the result. Can be applied with a small brush in a couple of hours for the whole car. Cheers!

Old 11-21-2007, 03:54 PM
flaco
4th Gear
zoom!

Old 11-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Joey D
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice! I love the rims.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:09 PM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jmck

Noot looks SICK, but good LORD he needs to be lowered somethin' fierce!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 07:47 PM
ghosthound
6th Gear
what kind of wheels are those jmck? nice looking ride!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:27 PM
jh2002
1st Gear
Nice Cooper. I like the half leather. I just moved back to the States from Oxfordshire. I'm so pleased to be driving a Cooper. My Clio back in England was not nearly as fun. If I move back to the UK, I'm bringing my North American model with me. That's how much I like the car.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:47 AM
KsharK
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rattmobbins
Noot looks SICK, but good LORD he needs to be lowered somethin' fierce!!!
Call me strange, but I think the stance doesn't look half bad with that combo. I'm actually struggling with the decision to lower or not. My 2007 MCS (dark silver/black) should get here next week, and I already have the same wheels (Ultraleggeras in black) ready to go on. My local tire shop owes me a favor and will supply the springs and do the install with alignment for $300. They can get H&R or Eibach springs. I don't want to slam the car and make it impractical, but in the past every car I've lowered definitely does look better. Plus, from what I've read one of the benefits is a reduction in torque steer which would be sweet since this will be my first FWD car...

I don't read much here about the Eibach's on an R56. Anyone got 'em? What do you think lower the car, or divert the funds to window tint?

Oh, and by the way.. A huge to jmck, Noot is coming together nicely!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:03 AM
wetceal
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Zimmy330
Congrats on the new addition Zimmy330! And may I just say, you made an EXCELLENT choice in body color and body kit! Although I may be a little biased on that aspect

Originally Posted by jmck
jmck - That is a sweet looking Mini! I LOVE the combination of the body color with those wheels!

Quick Reply: R56 Please post pictures of your R56 here...