R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 08 Mini S cylinder head removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 12:28 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by [My_Mini]
Wow! I had no clue! I don't even remember removing that connector but thank you so much!!! I finally finished my job with fixing this baby up and turning it on made me so anxious. But did it and the sound was music to my ears. Very happy with the results! Only thing that's worrying me is some smoke coming out from the turbo from under the heat shield, I'm assuming it's the oil line or it could be some of the left over burnt oil in that area, even though I did my best to clean it.
Nest time you do a major repair, mark the connectors as you disconnect them --- makes the re-assembly much easier.

Your blue smoke is probably just residue, but the oil line is a major low-reliability item. Most people change it any time they're in there --- good preventive maintenance practice. Give it a few miles of local driving and if it doesn't clear up, change the oil line.

Now, isn't it time to get back to school? Missing the first week is not a good way to start a semester.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:23 PM
[My_Mini]
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbrokenwind
Nest time you do a major repair, mark the connectors as you disconnect them --- makes the re-assembly much easier.

Your blue smoke is probably just residue, but the oil line is a major low-reliability item. Most people change it any time they're in there --- good preventive maintenance practice. Give it a few miles of local driving and if it doesn't clear up, change the oil line.

Now, isn't it time to get back to school? Missing the first week is not a good way to start a semester.
Yeah I'm sure that's it. I want to thank you again for the help you've given me. So far my car has been driving great and everything is working just fine. I erased the codes and nothing has come up after driving 50+ miles today for a test drive, not so much of a test drive after that haha.. hahaha youre pretty cool but luckily my bro took me to class, since it started on Thursday but I will be officially going on my own now haha