R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 How can I be sure that JCW ECU map is on after a new ECU is installed?

Old 10-16-2014, 10:43 AM
francisco_vazgarcia
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can I be sure that JCW ECU map is on after a new ECU is installed?

Dear all,

I own a Mini Cooper S R56 with the engine JCW kit. Recently I had my ECU unit replaced due to a fault in an official Mini dealer. Since then I feel that the car's performance has decreased. I cannot manage the same top speed as before for instance.
I contacted the dealer who told me that the chassis number will tell the system that the car has a JCW kit and install the right ECU map, they connected my car to the system and showed me that the JCW kit was associated with the kit. But the truth is that the performance is different. It is worth to mention that the car is totally stock and always has been apart from the kit, it has new oil, spark plugs and air filter. It has done ~74.000 km.

How can I be sure that the map is there? I read some forums and there are several cases of Cooper S with the JCW kit that lose the map after an update (which exactly what was done to mine as all the software had to be installed from scratch?).

Thank you very much and best regards,

Francisco

Old 10-19-2014, 08:15 PM
MrColonR56
1st Gear
The system will automatically program you're dme with the jcw software. This is due to the fact that you're vehicle build was changed when the jcw kit was installed. No matter what it should not lose that.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:39 PM
francisco_vazgarcia
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MrColonR56
The system will automatically program you're dme with the jcw software. This is due to the fact that you're vehicle build was changed when the jcw kit was installed. No matter what it should not lose that.
Thank you for your answer.
Are you sure of that? I was given a cd when it was first installed and this time they did not ask for it.
On top of that the performance has decreased