R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 CR with white or black top? pictures please?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Roundel
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take away the stripes and go for the anthracite headliner. The 2011 has the rear fog assembly...if you like symmetry you have to get it because the toggles won't be symmetrical. You can retrofit stripes but not really the headliner without serious work.

The 2011 pano is 15% tint, it's pretty dark for what it is. No need to tint further IMO.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Whistler NC
2nd Gear
I had my side and rear windows tinted to 38% and the sunroof tinted at 5%. It did make a big difference and i recommend it.

One thing i learned is that the new ceramic tint is amazing at blocking heat and my wifems clubby will be getting that soon.

We both love the sunroof...both to leave it vented while parked, and for cruising wide open. Good luck on your choice!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:18 PM
AXO
5th Gear
Originally Posted by edgar_fletcher
Greetings AXO,

I saw photos of your Cooper posted on

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...es-please.html

Can you send me a link to the source of the towing eye(s) on your Cooper?

Thanks and regards,

steve s
(edgar_fletcher)
eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_8022wt_722

Old 05-05-2011, 08:40 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Roundel
Take away the stripes and go for the anthracite headliner. The 2011 has the rear fog assembly...if you like symmetry you have to get it because the toggles won't be symmetrical. You can retrofit stripes but not really the headliner without serious work.

The 2011 pano is 15% tint, it's pretty dark for what it is. No need to tint further IMO.
I do like symmetry, but my choice is symmetry inside or outside the car? I'm choosing outside. On the JCW kit, if you have the rear fog, one side has a white lens and he other a red one. That would drive me batty. I don't mind not having the toggle though

I was looking at the a bunch of minis today, and I don't even notice the black or light headliner so that one isn't a bother to me.

And the sunroof? I definitely need to have it tinted. I hate the blaring sun in my eyes. I wish it was a completely covered sunroof shade and not perforated. The dark tint is my compromise. I originally thought I was going to do a vinyl graphic over the whole thing, but I do like light to come in during the spring, fall, and winter. I just hate the blaring hot sun during the summer. I MUST have a sunroof. Most of my cars have had one and I don't want one without. I know that they can sometimes leak and rattle, but I don't care. I like having the sun shine in when it's not blazing hot outside.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:15 AM
OPC
RATTUS Deserticus
Originally Posted by simplybao
I do like symmetry, but my choice is symmetry inside or outside the car? I'm choosing outside. On the JCW kit, if you have the rear fog, one side has a white lens and he other a red one. That would drive me batty. I don't mind not having the toggle though

I was looking at the a bunch of minis today, and I don't even notice the black or light headliner so that one isn't a bother to me.

And the sunroof? I definitely need to have it tinted. I hate the blaring sun in my eyes. I wish it was a completely covered sunroof shade and not perforated. The dark tint is my compromise. I originally thought I was going to do a vinyl graphic over the whole thing, but I do like light to come in during the spring, fall, and winter. I just hate the blaring hot sun during the summer. I MUST have a sunroof. Most of my cars have had one and I don't want one without. I know that they can sometimes leak and rattle, but I don't care. I like having the sun shine in when it's not blazing hot outside.
Then consider a perforated roof graphic. Mine is just that (check my gallery). It cuts the light down by (at a guess) 50%. I've had mine for 2years now without issue. It's been great, even in Phoenix, AZ.