R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official White Silver Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 06:53 PM
kami_sn
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Club Chapin
Have a White Silver with White Roof and Green Lounge Leather/English Oak interior on order (and nav/connected). It's been manufactured, can't bear the wait.
Added you to the list, hope to get yours soon and enjoy it. by the way for some reason the thread has moved to Coupe talk and I don't know why.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:02 PM
gr8ful
4th Gear
My clubby is on the RoRo ship "Curitiba" and due in Brunswick late on the 16th. Was a day late leaving port. I have no idea who long it will take after that. I ordered "sport stripes and they are installed at the VDC. Just hope the holidays don't delay the delivery into 2011. It's been a long wait since 1 Nov.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Your thread was moved to 2nd Gen Talk because White Silver is a 2nd-gen-only color.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:36 AM
8FLPR
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I certainly will. It is not due until the end of Jan. I think it just missed the boat that sailed on 9 Dec.

I'm hoping it is a really sharp combination. Alsmost went with the Black Punch Leather seats, but figured everyone has black seats and the green will stand out.

What is WS?
WS = white silver - was just being lazy! That's the same reason I am considering the green, wanted more color than just all black seats and the green was the only option. Waiting to see an actual ice blue mini before I decide on color but white silver is at the top of my list. Wish it came with body color roof though. Don't quite understand that.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:55 AM
grueinthebox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 8FLPR
WS = white silver - was just being lazy! That's the same reason I am considering the green, wanted more color than just all black seats and the green was the only option. Waiting to see an actual ice blue mini before I decide on color but white silver is at the top of my list. Wish it came with body color roof though. Don't quite understand that.
Had a green interior in my 79 Ford Ranchero GT... Didn't find it very tasteful. Have the red leather / black cloth in my current MINI, ordered same in the new one. Think the red goes much better with the silver than green would, and the seats not being all red tones it down a notch...

Old 12-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Eddyboi77
4th Gear
I certainly will. It is not due until the end of Jan. I think it just missed the boat that sailed on 9 Dec.

I'm hoping it is a really sharp combination. Alsmost went with the Black Punch Leather seats, but figured everyone has black seats and the green will stand out.

What is WS?
I agree, I have a 2011 white silver cooper, and I think the green will look good. It will stand out, but in a good way. The combination of the green seats with the black interior panels in addition to the black top will make a cohesive color combination. The white silver paint looks different in certain lights. In dull lighting, it looks more like pure silver, or any other regular silver color, but when the sun shines on it it's hard to tell that it's actually metallic, and looks almost like a really really light, dull grey color, almost like that of the moon. It's pretty cool.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
kami_sn
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MLPearson79
Your thread was moved to 2nd Gen Talk because White Silver is a 2nd-gen-only color.
I kind of disagree on the second generation deal since the color was introduced on 1st Gen Sidewalk edition
http://www.motoringfile.com/2007/01/...-the-sidewalk/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidba...n/photostream/
plus so far there are lots of Clubmans with this color rather just Coupes.

Thanks.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:40 PM
condofred
Neutral
White Silver in Panama City

Another white silver just checking in to say hello.

My wife and I have had our 2011 MCS for about two months now and I thought I’d provide my impressions of it. This is our first Mini. It is white silver with a black interior and top, pretty much fully loaded except we didn’t get the navigation system or leather. We were fortunate enough to get the Visual Boost option, which was only available on a few vehicles. It’s basically Mini Connect without the navigation. My wife says the Mini would not be the same without it, and it provides endless entertainment for her in the passenger seat.

Before we went in to price out our vehicle, I had done months of research and priced out exactly what options I would want and exactly which once I absolutely did not want. The vehicle I ended up buying and driving away in was quite different. Because I live in Florida, I had decided I did not want a sunroof because I did not want the associated greenhouse effect. The salesman in Pensacola pointed out that, because the Mini is a small vehicle, the sunroof makes it feel more spacious. That is absolutely true. Plus, it now has been redesigned to filter out much of the sunlight, so heat is not an issue. I’m extremely glad I got it.

Also, I was very adamant that I did not want run flats. This car has run flats and, after having driven it for a couple of months now, I have discovered that run flats are not an issue. The car rides smoothly and I am now sold on them and will replace them with run flats when the time comes for new tires.

The dealer recommended the leatherette seating over the leather for durability and value reasons and, candidly, it can get a bit hot and sticky on long drives, but I’ve purchased some sheepskin vest covers and that has worked out very well. They're comfortable and, besides protecting the seat, look fairly stylish.

Finally, let me just say that the Harmon Kardon system is absolutely amazing. Once it is tweaked in, it sounds far better than any system I have ever had in a car, including the Bose system I had in my 1984 Corvette and the systems I had in my E320 and SLK Mercedes. It’s absolutely a joy to listen to, extremely clear and distortion free, particularly with music from the Sirius satellite.

The entire vehicle, in general, has greatly exceeded my expectations. It is as solid as a rock and handles like it’s on rails, truly a go-cart feel. Plus it gets in the low 30’s mpg around town as well as when I’m cruising down the freeway at 85-90 mph. I’ve seen it register as high as 42 mpg when I drive more sensibly, as in highway cruising in the 55 mph range. And, I might add, its superior handing and braking have already helped me avoid two accidents I would not have avoided in nearly any other vehicle. I look forward to getting in it and driving each day my wife allows me to do so. It's her car, after all .

What an absolutely outstanding piece of engineering!

Old 12-18-2010, 07:01 PM
kami_sn
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by condofred
Another white silver just checking in to say hello.

My wife and I have had our 2011 MCS for about two months now and I thought I’d provide my impressions of it. This is our first Mini. It is white silver with a black interior and top, pretty much fully loaded except we didn’t get the navigation system or leather. We were fortunate enough to get the Visual Boost option, which was only available on a few vehicles. It’s basically Mini Connect without the navigation. My wife says the Mini would not be the same without it, and it provides endless entertainment for her in the passenger seat.

Before we went in to price out our vehicle, I had done months of research and priced out exactly what options I would want and exactly which once I absolutely did not want. The vehicle I ended up buying and driving away in was quite different. Because I live in Florida, I had decided I did not want a sunroof because I did not want the associated greenhouse effect. The salesman in Pensacola pointed out that, because the Mini is a small vehicle, the sunroof makes it feel more spacious. That is absolutely true. Plus, it now has been redesigned to filter out much of the sunlight, so heat is not an issue. I’m extremely glad I got it.

Also, I was very adamant that I did not want run flats. This car has run flats and, after having driven it for a couple of months now, I have discovered that run flats are not an issue. The car rides smoothly and I am now sold on them and will replace them with run flats when the time comes for new tires.

The dealer recommended the leatherette seating over the leather for durability and value reasons and, candidly, it can get a bit hot and sticky on long drives, but I’ve purchased some sheepskin vest covers and that has worked out very well. They're comfortable and, besides protecting the seat, look fairly stylish.

Finally, let me just say that the Harmon Kardon system is absolutely amazing. Once it is tweaked in, it sounds far better than any system I have ever had in a car, including the Bose system I had in my 1984 Corvette and the systems I had in my E320 and SLK Mercedes. It’s absolutely a joy to listen to, extremely clear and distortion free, particularly with music from the Sirius satellite.

The entire vehicle, in general, has greatly exceeded my expectations. It is as solid as a rock and handles like it’s on rails, truly a go-cart feel. Plus it gets in the low 30’s mpg around town as well as when I’m cruising down the freeway at 85-90 mph. I’ve seen it register as high as 42 mpg when I drive more sensibly, as in highway cruising in the 55 mph range. And, I might add, its superior handing and braking have already helped me avoid two accidents I would not have avoided in nearly any other vehicle. I look forward to getting in it and driving each day my wife allows me to do so. It's her car, after all .

What an absolutely outstanding piece of engineering!
Welcome and that is a very nice 1st post, glad you like your (Your wife's) MINI and I was reading your post and most of the impressions that you got from your MINI are similar to what I got. just one side note on the sunroof is that I had mine at the end of the summer and at 1st taught I could stand the sunroof but eventually after couple of days driving under Texas sun decided to go for the tint and am very happy with the results.

also added you to the list

Old 12-19-2010, 09:50 AM
condofred
Neutral
I've noticed the heat buildup as well, but it's not from the sunroof. Rather, I'm getting a lot of solar gain through the driver's side window. That will be solved once I get tinting installed. Actually, the gain is probably not so bad as the sun glare, which is what I'm really trying to take care of. But as far as the sunroof is concerned, no issues whatsoever.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:46 PM
nics.sd
3rd Gear
Here's my White Silver!

Name:  b8e3a313.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  188.3 KB

Old 12-21-2010, 06:22 AM
kami_sn
2nd Gear
Welcome and enjoy your ride, by the way those are the most nice looking OEM 16" No extra charge rims in my opinion, same as mine...

Old 12-21-2010, 09:41 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Originally Posted by nics.sd
Here's my White Silver!

Nice you even got personalized NAM plates

Old 12-21-2010, 06:15 PM
smpeck
3rd Gear
White Silver Camden

Here's a shot of my 2010 White Silver Camden.

Attached Thumbnails Official White Silver Owner's Club-white_silver_camden.jpg  
Old 12-21-2010, 09:08 PM
nics.sd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by VMCMDN
Nice you even got personalized NAM plates
Haha! I actually got excited when I realized that my new plates had NAM!

Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 PM
kami_sn
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by smpeck
Here's a shot of my 2010 White Silver Camden.
Nice...

Old 12-29-2010, 04:13 PM
aerodynamics
2nd Gear
You can officially add me to the club.

Picked it up this morning:

Name:  2b62fda8.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  38.8 KB

Old 12-29-2010, 07:46 PM
kami_sn
2nd Gear
And I officially welcome you from my side to WS Owners Club and how about change your signature from "arriving" to arrived to make it really official

Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
rtbar
1st Gear
Your cooper looks amazing, I think black wheels go great with W/S.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:19 PM
aerodynamics
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kami_sn
And I officially welcome you from my side to WS Owners Club and how about change your signature from "arriving" to arrived to make it really official
Done.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:21 PM
aerodynamics
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rtbar
Your cooper looks amazing, I think black wheels go great with W/S.
Thanks, I originally had the silver web spokes and changed my mind mid production. They had to start another build but it was well worth the wait. Even more stunning are the black headlights w/ white silver in person.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:23 PM
8FLPR
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can add me to the pending list. Although I am having a bit of trouble with the thought of parting with my first Mini [dark silver], I will be ordering my White Silver S next week. {Still waiting to hear back from dealer as to whether they might have gotten one in with their recent shipment}. I was going to order the green seats but am thinking of just ordering the basic seats and having them re-done which opens up more color possibilities. I so wish the gray lounge leather with black piping was available on the white silver car. I also want the black headlight housing. I test drove a white silver with the black and it looked great! Now to find a good home for my current Mini.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
crujones65
Neutral
Hey everyone! Please add me to the list. I will post some pics up soon. Is there a white silver owners badge?

Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 AM
kami_sn
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by crujones65
Hey everyone! Please add me to the list. I will post some pics up soon. Is there a white silver owners badge?
Looks nice and welcome, I like those rims, just watch out for neighbors RAM

Old 01-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Club Chapin
2nd Gear
I have received my White Silver/White Roof/Green Leather/English Oak mini. More pics in my Gallery.

Attached Thumbnails Official White Silver Owner's Club-p1020325.jpg  

Quick Reply: R56 Official White Silver Owner's Club