R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 2011 Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Wahoo!

Old 09-28-2010, 11:42 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
CaptFred: The number, I always HATE using letters for numbers:

1-866-275-6464 When they ask what you want, push 0 for operator, you'll either have to wait for a free Miniusa person, or get someone. They'll ask for your production number it is 7 numbers, then they'll either look it up on THEIR computer, or ask for you address and phone number for verification. These people have, or can get the latest information on your car. Hope this helps.

Bill

Old 09-28-2010, 01:06 PM
capt fred
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wahoo_shoe
1800-ASK-MINI
I have called the number a dozen times--just get a busy signal

Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
capt fred
2nd Gear
I finally got through. I was calling 1-800, not 1-866. Anyway, they are assembling the parts (checking local junk yards no doubt), but have not scheduled production.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Slartibartfast
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by capt fred
they are assembling the parts (checking local junk yards no doubt)

Old 09-28-2010, 02:09 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Whoops, sorry about the 800/866 mix up. It's always at the top of my "Recent Calls"

Old 09-28-2010, 04:48 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
To my surprise, today I learned the acceleration of my build continues. First, I was earlier in production than estimated because of the timing of my dealer's order, which was rad on their part. Then it was scheduled for completion later this week, but I just found out it's already at PORT.
What the WHAT. That's awesome! DOn't know how long before the next ship is in to pick em all up, but hey, progress.

No sinking ships I says!

Old 09-28-2010, 05:06 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
To my surprise, today I learned the acceleration of my build continues. First, I was earlier in production than estimated because of the timing of my dealer's order, which was rad on their part. Then it was scheduled for completion later this week, but I just found out it's already at PORT.
What the WHAT. That's awesome! DOn't know how long before the next ship is in to pick em all up, but hey, progress.

No sinking ships I says!
Fantastic! I keep getting mixed signals and reports on my Lil Guy. Yesterday they were still gathering parts, ect. Now, according to the nice lady, it has started production, of which I don't know what or where is the begining. All that I know is that she has started production and should take about one week. Anyway, onward. Probably my ship will spring a leak.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Yayyy for both of you!! Both of you should call ASK-MINI and ask for a scheduled completion date. That will really solve any confusion!
Also, if you just call the number, wait a few seconds after the automated guy picks up, then press 2 > wait a few seconds for the prompt for you prod# > type in prod# > wait, then hit 1 to confirm it's a prod#. It's the easiest way to keep up to date on stuff. But talking to a person now and then is good. I called when I should've started production, and then I finished on a Tuesday and I called that afternoon to see if it was done because the system tends to not update until Tuesdays anyways.

And no leaky ships! Except it's nerve-wrecking when it just dissapears off the tracking website when it should be coming into port Orm and I's ship may be sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic for all I know

Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Orm
2nd Gear
Wahoo you are really pushing our luck (you should knock on wood). I mean I have bad luck all the time and if I remember it right you said something similar a while ago? Let's just not jinx this.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Hey you two: You do realize that there are still renegade U-Boats still roaming the seas of the Atlantic looking for American bound ships from Great Britain, don't you? Maybe one of them decided that they didn't like the looks of your boat as it went up the Chesepeak Bay? For my Lil Guy, I'm having my German name Crest put on both sides of the shipping boat. That will protect mine. Gotta love it.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:34 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
He said it, not I! My MINI eats U-boats for breakfast. The ones that get away? Orm's MINI goes after them...he enjoys the predator/prey game.

marinetraffic.com is killing me though...WHERE IS THE TAMESIS?!? And then there's this "rainstorm"...supposed to get 3"+ of rain in the next 36 hours. Lovely...

Old 09-29-2010, 06:24 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Rain:

Originally Posted by wahoo_shoe
He said it, not I! My MINI eats U-boats for breakfast. The ones that get away? Orm's MINI goes after them...he enjoys the predator/prey game.

marinetraffic.com is killing me though...WHERE IS THE TAMESIS?!? And then there's this "rainstorm"...supposed to get 3"+ of rain in the next 36 hours. Lovely...

These U-boats are invisible, Hitlers secret weapon.

As for the rain, hey that's good. You should find out real quick if the Sunroof leaks and find out why I didn't order one. Just kidding, it was really the $1,000 extra. And, the reason it's going to rain, is because when Olga and I left there last week end, we did the rain dance to leave our Iowa rain with you so that we could be dry for awhile. By the way, it worked. One week without rain.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Orm
2nd Gear
Okay.... It is 29th. Let's see if we get some status updates today.

Hemi & Wahoo: Tamesis decided to turn off the AIS-machine and bring out it's secret capabilities and fly to the port. James Bond style. And that way it fooled all the U-boats trying to sink it based on real-time Marinetraffic info and the U-boats are going all Lady Gaga now. Didn't you get the memo from ASK-MINI?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:43 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
You know showing that flying boat, or airplane that is water capable, it reminds me that during the Big War, as my dad use to say WW ll, they use to use transport planes capable of landing on water, especially in the Pacific Theatre. I would imagine that they still didn't have full confidence in the transport planes to make it all the way to Australia, and other points.

But, in seeing that aircraft there, maybe I'll just request that when my JCW is finished production, and ready for the big trip, I think that this flying boat might just be the ticket. Can you imagine the transport cost?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Screw the flying boat, find Scottie and beam that thing over hemi!

And you all are laughing now at Orm and I, but when your boat goes MIA, I'm sure you'll be going nuts too Maybe the captains think this is funny...

Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Orm
2nd Gear
Status update: DISCHARGED BALTIMORE, MD 29-09-2010 08:00:00

Next VPC/VDC

Old 09-29-2010, 09:27 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
CONGRATS!!!!!! Now get your but out there and drive it home. It doesn't need to go to the dealer for prep, shucks Mini did that already in Oxford. Go get it.....

Old 09-29-2010, 09:29 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I was very cautiously optimistic when I told my wife that i ound out the car was not only finished early, but already at Southampton waiting for transport. We don't know when the next ship comes in, I said. There could be storms, or U-boats or alien abductions, I said. We're in California so it'll take 22 days at least, regardless, I said. But she was excited.

I looked at the likely shipping schedule and it looks like the Toledo is next up, in mid October. HA, I'll be waiting after all... that's an early November landing. Back to real life!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
capt fred
2nd Gear
The weather channel just said that due the impending storm here on the East coast, all car carrying ships must return to Southampton.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:46 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Capt Fred: You're terrible, now if this was three weeks from now, I'd be a bit pieved, but I know that you're kidding. No, maybe you're not, I just saw that return to SouthHampton too, but it was on FOX.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:23 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Came back from a nice lunch to a nice little note online:
DISCHARGED BALTIMORE, MD 29-09-2010 08:00:00

The boat didn't even dock till 06:00, so it was a quick roll-off. Time to start bugging my MA!!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:10 AM
capt fred
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Capt Fred: You're terrible, now if this was three weeks from now, I'd be a bit pieved, but I know that you're kidding. No, maybe you're not, I just saw that return to SouthHampton too, but it was on FOX.
And you know you can trust FOX

Old 09-29-2010, 11:23 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
2011 JCW Production

Originally Posted by capt fred
And you know you can trust FOX
I'm not so sure that we can trust them anymore. This moring they sounded more liberal than oBama......

Just got off the phone, AGAIN, with the nice, no it was a different one, lady at Owners Lounge and she said, "I've got good news for you" I thought that they had good news for me yesterday. Well, as of this morning, she says, the Midnight Black with a red roof, JCW started production at 06:47. I thought it was suppose to start production yesterday. Maybe it got too late in the day. Plus, I don't want any of those 3rd Shift guys messing with my JCW. I know all about those guys, shucks I am one. This time, maybe I can believe her, as she told me to contact my *** and they would have more information for me. So, here I have a phone call in to Maria. No answer, figures.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Hey all,

Got in touch with my *** and she gave me the VIN number, so that must mean something. Now I know that there have been some that have said that their JCW has been built and shipped here in 2011. Maybe theirs have been dealer slots, or something but this is what my *** said:

(((we found that JCW's are in certain production slots and yours will be one of the first 2011 JCW's produced!)))

I know that goes against what a couple of guys have said on this forum, but this is what Maria just wrote me. What I think is the case, is that this is one of the first special ordered JCW's to be built. Maybe they can put something special on it like the JCW Aero package. LOL

Quick Reply: R56 2011 Ordering