R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 2011 Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:15 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have a chance to see the Discovery Channel Mighty Ships piece on the car carrier Faust, take a look. Faust can carry 8,000 cars across the oceans. The MINIs in her belly look mighty proud

Old 09-05-2010, 05:22 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Ok I've mulled over it over and over again, and now I'm glad my MINI hasn't started production yet. I'm calling my MA tomorrow and getting Comfort Access...I can't spring $1000 for cloth/leather, but I figure $500 is doable. It'd be so neat and I like to keep all of my keys in one place, so this way I don't have to worry about the other keys banging my dash. I was going to use no-CA as an excuse to get rid of the other keys, but I never will

Course, watch my luck and it freaking starts production tomorrow morning. Hahah either way I'll be happy

Old 09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wahoo_shoe
Ok I've mulled over it over and over again, and now I'm glad my MINI hasn't started production yet. I'm calling my MA tomorrow and getting Comfort Access...I can't spring $1000 for cloth/leather, but I figure $500 is doable. It'd be so neat and I like to keep all of my keys in one place, so this way I don't have to worry about the other keys banging my dash. I was going to use no-CA as an excuse to get rid of the other keys, but I never will

Course, watch my luck and it freaking starts production tomorrow morning. Hahah either way I'll be happy
I was feeling the same way before I checked the box for CA. It's actually a lot more convenient than I thought it would be and works well when you're loading up the car and don't even need to take the keys out of your pocket (or purse) to get the hatch open. Definitely not a necessity, but a nice to have option.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:20 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
I just hope it isn't a $*#%& to add it on. If it's too late, ohwell, saved me some money, but otherwise, it'd be nice to be able to add it

Old 09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I mean it is a fun item to have, but not something you'd really miss if you can't add it. The one thing I wish I would've spent that same $500 on is the JCW gauges so that way I'd actually know the engine temp! Instead the money went to factory options like the comfort access and while I don't regret it, I will now be waiting to get gauges, driving lights, etc. put onto my MINI.

Last edited by NJ Mini; 09-05-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:19 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Talked to my MA, car entered production already. Although it seems weird that as of Friday, a date still hadn't been set. Ohwell. I'll call tomorrow when they're open and see what's up. Would've been a great feature to have, but hey, my MINIs gettin built!

Old 09-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by oldsbear
If you have a chance to see the Discovery Channel Mighty Ships piece on the car carrier Faust, take a look. Faust can carry 8,000 cars across the oceans. The MINIs in her belly look mighty proud
Wow, what a great episode! Thanks for the tip, oldsbear!

Old 09-06-2010, 09:15 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dodgy
Wow, what a great episode! Thanks for the tip, oldsbear!
You're welcome Very cool stuff that I was sure others would enjoy -- glad you did, Dodgy

Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Where were you able to find it? Anywhere online?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:53 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
I found it on a cable channel. Maybe Dodgy has a different source....

Old 09-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
Discovery is starting to make things available online, but unfortunately this episode isn't one of them. You might be able to find a torrent or something, or if you get the Discovery channel, setup a DVR or Tivo with the keywords of Mighty Ships Faust so you'll catch it next time it airs. It'll be worth the wait!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:59 AM
simplybao
3rd Gear
There is a 4 min. youtube clip on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bbPJhS0byw

Old 09-07-2010, 11:09 AM
bruce_wayne
2nd Gear
Simplybao, Thanks for that .. pretty amazing

Old 09-08-2010, 05:01 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
I was able to snag it on DVR (it was on at 4am haha!) and, wow! Before all of this, I never knew how much work went into car production. That, along with "How They Make It" or whatever the show is called and showing the MINI seats, and with various MINI videos, it's all coming together!
Makes the wait a bit more bearable too, my car should be born next Tuesday

Old 09-08-2010, 07:27 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
wahoo shoe: That really sounds kind of neat. It would REALLY be neat to go to England, (England swings like a pendulum dune) part of a Petulia Clark song from the mid 60's. Anyway, it would really be neat to go to Oxford, England and see the Mini's built in person. Then swing down and then see how the Morgan's are built, I am assuming by hand, the old fashioned way.

Any more news about your Lil Clubman? Is it being built? Did you catch it in time to put the Comfort Access on? Beings you mentioned that, I changed to get the Convenience Package which has that in it. My *** or whatever they call sales people, made me commit to my final revision, stating that no more changes after she puts it in for final approval and order. I've always been of the feeling that you could pretty much, adjust the build up until assembly was started, or close to that time. Maybe too many people are making last minute changes.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:14 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Yup, in production. Wasn't able to throw in CA, I knew that the moment I would ask for it, my car would go into production Looking at the shipping schedule, I should be able to hitch a ride out the 20th, get across the pond on the 29th, have the car maybe the 2nd, most likely the 4th. Woot!

Old 09-08-2010, 12:37 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
A BIG CONGRAT'S. You'll love it. My gal in Chicago won't even put in the credit app until I firm up the complete order, and no changes. I told her TWO WAYS: Cold Package, Convenience Package, rear fogs, and the headlight Xenons with Adaptive. OR: Take out the Convenience Package and add garage door opener, rain sensitive wiprs and auto dimming interior mirror. If I take the Convenience Package, then she's going to have to go half way with me on the extra price that's $250, otherwise, I'm cutting it and going open stock on those three items. I can live without the Comfort Access but it might be interesting.

Great to heare that yours is being built right now.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:53 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
wahoo_sho: Here we are, again it seems, my Black & Chili roofed JCW is officially in the system on order. No Convenience package, did the open stock on the garage door opener, auto dimming mirror and rain sensor wipers, ok, the Cold Package, H&K sound system and rear fog lights. To go along with the Chili Red Roof and Mirrors, Chili Red Color Line interior, JCW checkered seats with red piping, and blackened wheels. All in all, I'm happy with the order, Maria made it easy. She's throwing in the floor mats and rear bumper protector. I'm going to have to find someone to do the invisible bra, as they outsource it, and she says that they are too expensive. So, all, that's it. After chasing the Mini idea for two years, I've finally bitten the bullet. Now how do I put the Ofered: dates and all on the bottom here?

Old 09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Congrads Glad you were able to change your order in time. My Clubby will be sure to get it's little butt moving so yours can be built! It's so exciting knowing the car is real finally. The next few weeks of wait will suck, obviously, but it's such a relief knowing it's about to be born and truly coming home! It's pretty soothing really

As for the sig, have no clue. That link is supposed to be an image, but just won't work

Old 09-09-2010, 07:33 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
On order:

<The next few weeks of wait will suck, obviously, but it's such a relief knowing it's about to be born and truly coming home! It's pretty soothing really>

Right, it seems like forever now, but time seems to fly by anymore. It seems like just last week that it was June, now we are almost to Fall. Late October will come before I know it, and beings as I still have some more cash to save for the down money, well it will probably come before I know it.

November 1st is my JCW Day. That'll be interesting trip that weekend to Chicago.

Ordered: 9/8/2010 Born: Sometime soon Delivered: Sometime after that

Old 09-09-2010, 07:48 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
I retract previous statement. I'm dyin' from the wait! I'm about three weeks out and it's killing me. I have two weekend trips coming up that I would LOVE to drive for, especially in my Clubby in this beautiful weather. Uggghhhh

2011 Configurator comes online tomorrow it'll be fun to see exactly what I'm getting

Old 09-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
I hear ya wahoo_shoe! Mine finished production yesterday (is that the "born" date?) and is reportedly on route to Southampton. It looks like it might catch a ship next week. Since I'm on the west coast, I'll have even longer to wait! But hopefully I'll be able to see what the 2011 leatherette looks like with the updated configurator! Excuse me while I go back to popcorn...

Old 09-09-2010, 08:23 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can some1 tell me if 2011 Pepper White is closer to white than the 2010 model (which is more cream white)?

I saw the mini.uk pepper white and that white is more toward white. I'm really interested if this will be the color for USA mini.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
Hmm, if they're not changing the name, I'm pretty sure it's staying the same. For instance British Racing Green is changing slightly and thus being called (creatively but clearly) British Racing Green II.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Pepper White

Originally Posted by cccplus
Can some1 tell me if 2011 Pepper White is closer to white than the 2010 model (which is more cream white)?

I saw the mini.uk pepper white and that white is more toward white. I'm really interested if this will be the color for USA mini.
I almost positive it will be the same as before. Mini has a habit of changing names if they change the color even just a little. Something else that I as informed, that there is a bit of a back up at the dock for shipping out. With all the dealer ordered cars, there're are more than the usual number of cars that need to be shipped. But, they'll get here, maybe a week later, but better later than not at all.

Ordere 9/8/2010........born---/---/---.........delivered---/---/---

Quick Reply: R56 2011 Ordering