R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Rethinking: Pepper White?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:50 PM
malteseracer
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rethinking: Pepper White?

I'll be at the MINI Dealer tomorrow to order my MINI :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have, however, been rethinking the color. I was gonna get BRG/W with white stripes, but lately I've been thinking of PW/B with Black Stripes because with painted fender flares I think PW may look nicer. Is PW nice to have in the long run or is it a constant pain to keep clean, etc.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:11 PM
urameatball
2nd Gear
I'm picking up a white mini tomorrow.
Therefore you should get the green. :D

Old 06-09-2009, 07:14 PM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
Well i assume your talking about the aero kit option. I think it looks especially good in PW, but ive seen BRG too! up to you! Theyre all a pain to keep clean.... I have DS and its a pain, but im exceptionally picky lol

Old 06-09-2009, 07:31 PM
asaulo1
5th Gear
here's one to sway your decision....

Old 06-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Clubminator
1st Gear
Originally Posted by malteseracer
I'll be at the MINI Dealer tomorrow to order my MINI :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have, however, been rethinking the color. I was gonna get BRG/W with white stripes, but lately I've been thinking of PW/B with Black Stripes because with painted fender flares I think PW may look nicer. Is PW nice to have in the long run or is it a constant pain to keep clean, etc.
I happen to have both colors ('07 MCS BRG/W and '08 MCCS PW/B) and I am the chief (only) carwasher in the family. Both are great colors, the PW really doesn't show ordinary road dirt very badly at all, I think because it is slightly off-white. The black roof and rear bumper is far worse for showing dust and rain spots. The BRG does show some dust and rain spots, but the white roof no problems at all. All in all, both are great color combos, but the black portion of the PW/B is probably the bigger pain to maintain if you are picky about dust and spots, but it looks really sharp when it is clean! Either way you go, you will be far more aggravated by the brake dust than anything else!

I would just go with the color combo that you really like and enjoy! Good luck with your order!

Old 06-09-2009, 07:55 PM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Please please please go with a Pepper White roof instead of a black one, it's much more striking. This isn't technically Pepper White, but it has the same effect. White on white = seks in my opinion.

I think BRG would be perfect if it was just a shade or 2 lighter. Right now it's much too dark for my tastes.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:31 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
I went to the dealer intent upon blue. Then I saw a lot filled with every color MINI makes. It was the side-by-side parade that sold me on CPR. No regrets. Take a walk before you commit.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:50 PM
malteseracer
4th Gear
Vic you make an interesting point. Should I avoid stripes altogether? I guess I could keep the white roof and get custom stripes down the road. I'll think about that too.

@iwashmycar-I will be painting the stock kit, I want to make it a mix of sport and tasteful, but also somewhat economical and no body kit is in my budget atm which is:

Painted Flares
Rear Seat Delete
Hella 500s
GPS: Well mounted and nicely integrated without ugly wires etc.
De-chrome (I may match the chrome like Vic's rather than black if I go w/o stripes)

I'm 18 and this is my first car that will be mine, so i am kinda short on cash being that my girlfriend soaks up alot of it (and I wouldn't have it any other way )

Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 PM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
That's up to you, but body colored tops are by far the rarest MINI combination you see, and it really works well with Pepper White in my opinion. The white body and white roof separated by the black A and C pillars looks stellar If you get tired of it later down the road, you could probably get it professionally wrapped in black vinyl for about $200-$250.

I'm personally not a fan of stripes, but you've got unlimited options there and you don't have to get them right away. I personally think a set of gray stripes on the white would look better than black (too much contrast), but I'm not a good one to give advice for stripes.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:45 PM
closer88
1st Gear
Well, here's my two pennies' worth: I have an 09 PW MCS with the twin black stripes down the bonnet and boot. Roof is black as are the outside mirrors. I got the black roof to be consistent with the appearance of the moonroofs. The stripes are tapes, not paint BTW. In retrospect, I would have not gotten the stripes and would not have gotten the black roof if not for the moonroofs. Given that I did get the moonroofs, I should have gotten the mirrors to be PW also instead of black. But this is a very marginal point. The nice thing is no matter what you do, it'll still be way cool.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:46 PM
MPowerF1
2nd Gear
I have PW/B and wouldn't have it any other way. It's really the only the color on the MINI that I truly like since it isn't quite like any other white on the road (more cream). Personally, if I were to option out my own dream machine (I bought my car based on what the dealers had), I'd get PW and save 550 on metallic paint that I don't really care for.

And in addition, PW is one of the easiest colors to keep clean. I've gone months without washes and it still looks great even relatively close up.

But, of course, YMMV. I, myself, am not a big fan of the body color roofs.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Salty
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by closer88
Well, here's my two pennies' worth: I have an 09 PW MCS with the twin black stripes down the bonnet and boot. Roof is black as are the outside mirrors. I got the black roof to be consistent with the appearance of the moonroofs. The stripes are tapes, not paint BTW. In retrospect, I would have not gotten the stripes and would not have gotten the black roof if not for the moonroofs. Given that I did get the moonroofs, I should have gotten the mirrors to be PW also instead of black. But this is a very marginal point. The nice thing is no matter what you do, it'll still be way cool.
I got the same thing. If I hadn't got the sunroof I would have kept the body color roof and mirror caps. Solid peppper white is hawt!

Old 06-10-2009, 06:22 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Why does having the sunroof make a difference? Having that contrast shows off the full length sunroof, it's one of MINIs defining features

Old 06-10-2009, 06:26 AM
malteseracer
4th Gear
After a lot of time on miniusa.com I think I'm going to get PW with Black roof and stripes. The rims will also be back which adds a nice balance to the PW against the black. I'll be painting the fender flares which should open up the white and make it a lot more dominant over the black until I get a side stripe in black, if I even do.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:42 AM
Salty
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr
Why does having the sunroof make a difference? Having that contrast shows off the full length sunroof, it's one of MINIs defining features
since the sunroof is so dark, I personally didn't like the look of the body color ring around the top.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 AM
owl_loves_mini
1st Gear
That's up to you, but body colored tops are by far the rarest MINI combination you see, and it really works well with Pepper White in my opinion. The white body and white roof separated by the black A and C pillars looks stellar If you get tired of it later down the road, you could probably get it professionally wrapped in black vinyl for about $200-$250.

I'm personally not a fan of stripes, but you've got unlimited options there and you don't have to get them right away. I personally think a set of gray stripes on the white would look better than black (too much contrast), but I'm not a good one to give advice for stripes.

oh my gosh, this was exactly what i was thinking about. I have a PW MCS and im thinking of gray or silver stripes.

I just posted a new thread. check it out!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post2791754

By the way, i love the PW/PW roof combo. if they had this at that at the dealership, i would have jumped on that. I have the more normal PW/B combo. Love your car.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:14 AM
uggbird
1st Gear
Another PW

Love Pepper White

Attached Thumbnails Rethinking: Pepper White?-056.jpg  
Old 06-10-2009, 07:20 AM
ecupip
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for pepper here was mine the day I picked it up.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:23 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
I've never seen it done, but I do think it would great with any shade of gray. Just make sure the vinyl isn't metallic since your paint isn't metallic.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:58 AM
kb8daman
1st Gear
+1 for pepper white, I love mine

Old 06-10-2009, 08:20 AM
davekmd
1st Gear
Yep, PW

PW is a great color. I got mine with the black hard top (striking) and the black sport stripe. I've added the side strakes (checkered flag) and silver Rota RB wheels with 206/16 and it's a beast.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:32 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by malteseracer
@iwashmycar-I will be painting the stock kit, I want to make it a mix of sport and tasteful, but also somewhat economical and no body kit is in my budget atm which is:

Painted Flares
Rear Seat Delete
Hella 500s
GPS: Well mounted and nicely integrated without ugly wires etc.
De-chrome (I may match the chrome like Vic's rather than black if I go w/o stripes)

I'm 18 and this is my first car that will be mine, so i am kinda short on cash being that my girlfriend soaks up alot of it (and I wouldn't have it any other way )
Then yes, PW. Chrome black out does look great as itll match the black you'll have leftover after the arches are painted.

edit: so i assume you went today. Whats the verdict?

Old 06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
I still vote for body colored headlight rings, tail light rings and door handles. Lagston (www.lylesvinylstyles.net) has vinyl that's a perfect match to Pepper White.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:50 AM
MPowerF1
2nd Gear
I still vote for body colored headlight rings, tail light rings and door handles. Lagston (www.lylesvinylstyles.net) has vinyl that's a perfect match to Pepper White.
Speeaking of which, does any body have any shots of a PW MCS with body colored headlight rings, etc.? I think it might be the best way to get rid of the chrome rings.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:58 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Just a sec, Mini Fireman has a PW Clubby with them.

Quick Reply: R56 Rethinking: Pepper White?