R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 BRG or DS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 04:16 PM
jtom
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRG or DS?

I am in the market for a small car that is fuel efficent. I do like many other small cars but they all seem bland to me (si, gti, ms3, c30). They are all nice but I just love the character of the mini and want something that looks fun and different.

I have narrowed my color choices down to dark silver or british racing green. I would prefer a blue color above the rest but do not care for laser blue nor horizon blue.

I would be getting the 16 or 17 inch oem black wheels with my order. Both colors look good with them. I currently have a silver car and thought that I should try the green since its different.

I was also wondering if there were other pics of stock oem black wheels on the forums, I saw one thread regarding this and thought I might have missed some.

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2009, 05:29 PM
glangford
6th Gear
I'm partial to BRG, but with white.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
devlynaskurt
2nd Gear
i have a pepper white, which i absolutely adore. however, BRG came in a close second. whenever i get a chance to get close to a MINI with that color, i do look a little longer than i do with some other colors. if you have a silver car now and want to try something different, BRG would be a choice you wouldn't tire of as time goes by. that said, DS is a classic and you wouldn't go wrong with that, either. depends on what you're going for--a color that's a tad more sedate, tho no less interesting, than the reds, blues or yellows; or a metal-neutral that is timeless and (in my opinion) allows the car itself to make the statement versus the color helping in the statement.

of course, this is from the point of view of a woman who tends to over-analyze before making even the most emotional of decisions, if you know what i mean.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:42 PM
mattsenpai
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jtom
I am in the market for a small car that is fuel efficent. I do like many other small cars but they all seem bland to me (si, gti, ms3, c30). They are all nice but I just love the character of the mini and want something that looks fun and different.

I have narrowed my color choices down to dark silver or british racing green. I would prefer a blue color above the rest but do not care for laser blue nor horizon blue.

I would be getting the 16 or 17 inch oem black wheels with my order. Both colors look good with them. I currently have a silver car and thought that I should try the green since its different.

I was also wondering if there were other pics of stock oem black wheels on the forums, I saw one thread regarding this and thought I might have missed some.

Thanks!
none of those listed in your parenthesis are exactly fuel efficient!!!

go for the DS/B MINI (it just goes well with black wheels!)

Old 05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
My top choice was BRG/W, but I was too cheap to pay for paint! DS/W or DS/DS would be my third choice. I say go for BRG/W! If you want Black wheels, go DS.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:18 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GO BRG/W!!!!! We're the best-est. Seriously, though, I always went for the classic look, and the BRG/W appealed the most. I would LOVE one of the very very dark blues, or the Nightfire red, but alas, they don't make NFR in an MCS.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When I bought my MINI I wanted to do Liquid Yellow(no longer in production)/Black. But having to buy used I had to take what I could afford, that happened to be a BRG/W, I have grown to loved the combo, but will be going to IY/B in the near future.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:04 PM
willsblackmini08
5th Gear
BRG, I almost got a BRG/B when i ordered. I was torn between that and AB/AB. The reason why I wanted the BRG is it looks cool and my dad had a Triumph TR6 that as BRG with a black soft top when he was my age. I thought it would be cool to have the same colors as he did on his british car. but what swayed me was a day or maybe even the day i ordered i Saw and AB/W at a gas station so i stopped and talked to the guy. the AB looked so good(not as good witht he white roof i think it looks cheap on some colors) btu thats what made me get it and i love it. My next one will be a BRG/B JCW. Hopefully i can trade soon.

BRG all the way

Old 05-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Tygo
3rd Gear
BRG w/ white and tuscan beige was a very close second to my Dark Silver, for me it came down to what interior I wanted, and my #1 choice interior was by far the redwood red so that made it an easy choice, what is your interior of choice? Might help make the decision

Old 05-14-2009, 08:18 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
BRG/W FTW

Old 05-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Browser_23
4th Gear
I love my BRG/W. Even though I got the white wheels I think it would look great with the black wheels also to blend into the black wheel arches. One nice thing about the BRG is that as dusk and dawn it looks almost like a black car if you are more than 40 ft away.

I went with the white roof for a couple reasons. I think it looks great contrasting with the BRG body. Also i did not go for the sunroof and the white roof will reflect more heat keeping the car a little cooler. A black roof would absorb the heat.

And what is more classic British than BRG (I know, the metalic BRG is not exactly classic BRG like the old Triumph/MG/Spitfire)

Old 05-15-2009, 08:34 AM
bigsoup52
6th Gear
I have a BRG Cooper with a silver roof, mirror caps and silver wheels. You won't regret the BRG.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 AM
jtom
1st Gear
Thanks for the replies.

I actually prefer the black roof, side mirrors and the black interior for both colors.. I would also get the black bonnet stripes as well for both colors. I think I will have to wait to see both in person. I do like the DS and know it would look good but I guess I get a little bit of excitement from the BRG. I consider the DS to be the safe choice while the BRG the exciting color. I will wait and see.

Anyone else?

Thanks!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:20 AM
on2wheels
3rd Gear
Actually I think one of each would be appropriate!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 AM
tambi
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by on2wheels
LOL.. there's some honest advice!

Old 05-15-2009, 10:33 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
BRG/W FTMFW!

Old 05-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Browser_23
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DrewN
BRG/W FTMFW!

Free The Multi Function Wheel? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
concur

Originally Posted by on2wheels
The 02 is DS/W, lapis blue

The 07 is BRG/W, tuscan & woodgrain

The 79 is Chevy Orange / black, real wood and black

Old 05-15-2009, 02:10 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
DS looks good with either roof (W or B), not really a fan of BRG/B. The black makes the green much lighter compared to the white, I also don't think it matches as well.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:05 PM
DrewN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Browser_23
Free The Multi Function Wheel? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Hehe, I'm with you guys. Too many DS/Bs on the road as is . And BRG/W would actually make me turn my head

Old 05-15-2009, 04:48 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
BRG is also a color you need to see in person, it doesn't photograph (or look in the configurator) near as nice as is does in person.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:15 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jtom
Thanks for the replies.

I actually prefer the black roof, side mirrors and the black interior for both colors.. I would also get the black bonnet stripes as well for both colors. I think I will have to wait to see both in person. I do like the DS and know it would look good but I guess I get a little bit of excitement from the BRG. I consider the DS to be the safe choice while the BRG the exciting color. I will wait and see.

Anyone else?

Thanks!
Where are you located? Maybe you can see a BRG/B in person.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:49 PM
jtom
1st Gear
Ironicaly I ran into the last generation's model that was BRG with black roof etc, it looked pretty good. I think I will have to wait and see them at the dealer.

Im located in upstate ny.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:33 PM
bluemeanie357
4th Gear
BRG/white was my second choice after Lightning Blue (no longer available). The first Mini (classic) that I saw up close was a rally-equipped BRG/white one outside an uptown ice cream shop in Minneapolis. It's a sharp color that looks sporty and classy.
If they had a green two-tone leather seat like the Pacific Blue I got, I would have been sorely tempted.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:02 PM
ChrisTKD
2nd Gear
If the OP prefers blue then it would be worthwhile to look around to see if it may still be possible to pick up a Lightning Blue car off the lot.

Quick Reply: R56 BRG or DS?