R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 I don't like it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChrisW
Well when I was a member I never shared my views on the R56 with the club. At the time I think there was 2 members with R56's. Now that I am no longer in the club who cares what any of them think.
Good thing you aren't in the club anymore, then. But have you looked at your header?? "
Coordinator :: MidCal MINIs"

Old 08-22-2007, 11:18 AM
ChrisW
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LynnEl
Good thing you aren't in the club anymore, then. But have you looked at your header?? "
Well when I was in the club I had a different look on things. I'm not always a jerk I can be nice.

Yes I know, and I've sent some PMs to get it taken off these things just take time. I'm sure EDGE will get around to it at some point.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:20 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
I'm not always a jerk I can be nice.

True! I saw him be nice once!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Spectral Glider
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tigwantstoplay
...that means there's 3 of us!

Go Steelers!
Here, Here!!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Greatbear
Moderator :: Performance Mods
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The primary thing about the R56 which I dont like is, well, the fact that I dont have one.

There are things that I like better on the old generation cars, and things I like about the newest. Hell, there are things I like/dislike about the '05-06 cars compared to my '03, but I am not about to have a cow about it. Evolutionary styling changes happen, and will always have proponents and detractors. If MINI never changed a thing since the '02 body style was introduced, there would be a lot of people complaining about the same old thing never being updated. Think New Beetle. Even the PT Cruiser had some subtle evolving styling changes meant to carry on the model so as to keep relevent. It's tough to redesign an iconic model like these and still keep what makes it unique. It's not a Honda Civic, after all.

To each their own.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Great post Greatbear. Well said.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:36 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Greatbear
I am not about to have a cow about it.
Exactly right!!! I have my preferences, too...but it's not worth going on about. Ya gotta wonder about folks who are too wound up about this stuff...especially when the models are all so intentionally similar. That said, the OP obviously had this simmering inside and just had to say their piece. I suppose that's fair. To say it in the '07 forum is not very friendly, though, so don't expect to make many friends.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Originally Posted by surfblue
Please, I am officially the "sh*t disturber of record" for this forum. Leave the negativity to me, thank you.

IF you want to start a P*ssing Contest, "I'm you're huckleberry"

Old 08-22-2007, 12:00 PM
holls
2nd Gear
Please, I am officially the "sh*t disturber of record" for this forum. Leave the negativity to me, thank you.
As to the "look" of the R56...99% of people out there can't even see the difference. They must know something.
You've never driven an 07 MCS? Well, at least your opinion is well founded. NOT.
Oh, and I LOVE my 07 MCS. This from a guy who drove an original 62 Cooper till recently.
IF you want to start a P*ssing Contest, "I'm you're huckleberry"
I see sabre got to this moments before I did, but it deserves a double post!

Old 08-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Hogtied
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JDPepper
There. I've said it. I don't like the 2nd gen MINI at all. I just really glad I got an '06.
Well, thank you, Mr. Vick.. BTW, how are your mutts doing?..

Old 08-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Sabre
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Ya gotta wonder about folks who are too wound up about this stuff... That said, the OP obviously had this simmering inside and just had to say their peace. I suppose that's fair. To say it in the '07 forum is not very friendly, though, so don't expect to make many friends.
gokart, I really believe that the only purpose of the OP was not one of rational discussion (i.e. stating an opinion in a fair and evaluative manner) of the subject but an attempt to "stir the pot" and cause controversy/argument for the sake of discord.
I am more than willing to listen to someone's opinion and defend their right to that opinion but as in all matters, it depends on how you voice that opinion as to wether or not people will listen to you or become defensive about the issue.
I have to agree with you that the OP's post will not garner much sympathy in the '07 forum. I think that the OP would have gotten a much better reception to the post if he'd just had less "attitude". It's all in how ya say it!

Old 08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sabre
the only purpose of the OP was not one of rational discussion (i.e. stating an opinion in a fair and evaluative manner) of the subject but an attempt to "stir the pot" and cause controversy/argument for the sake of discord.
Ah, I see.....certainly there are more constructive ways to deal w/ boredom.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Originally Posted by LynnEl
Yes I know, and I've sent some PMs to get it taken off these things just take time. I'm sure EDGE will get around to it at some point.
Fixed.

All,

I have issued a warning to the OP based upon the NAM Site Guidelines:
Originally Posted by NAM Site Guidelines
2. RESPECT
When posting, both members and vendors must ALWAYS be respectful of fellow members and vendors. Personal attacks, trolling/baiting, deliberate antagonizing, and flaming will not be tolerated.
The main reason I didn't issue an infraction instead of a warning is because the original post was somewhat restrained in its criticism. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and we should be free to respectfully express them, but I have to agree that the decision to make that post, in that manner, in the 2nd Gen Coupe Talk thread, does suggest possible trolling... but not definite trolling. There's some ambiguity there, if you step back and read the post in an objective manner.

In a number of past posts, I have gone on record with some of my own misgivings about the R56, as well as the changes I like. However I completely respect someone else having a different perspective than I do. To each his/her own... flaming and antagonizing each other over our preferences achieves nothing.

Also, it goes both ways... R56 lovers who are so vehement about defending it should also respect that other people may have valid reasons (to them) why they prefer the R53. Constructive criticism is the key, as well as being able to listen to constructive criticism and try to understand it.

As for this thread, it has more than run its course. Thread locked.