R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Venture Shield

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Auto Paint Guard
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello. Sure, I have some pics on my home page of full installs. I do have a Mini cooper full hood kit available.

Today is a silver Lambo. I'll post pics later tonight.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:52 AM
TWON
4th Gear
Hello Ryan, thank you for all the great info, couple questions for you:

You clearly state you like 3M and Clearbra, respectively the best. Do you like the 3M product better from an installer view because it is easier to apply or are there other reasons?

Of the two, which one looks better from a consumer view?

Old 05-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Auto Paint Guard
3rd Gear
Hello. I actually do not like installing 3M or the clearshield, it is a lot harder and you get stretch marks in the film. I just like it from the stand point it lasts the longest and is easiest for the customer to take care of. Doesn't scratch easy and if it does you can remove the scratch. Very easy to clean versus others.

From the installer stand point, I love installing Venture and Avery. Super easy to install with less imperfections. Venture is the clearest where as Avery has the most orange peel. Installation time for these 2 films are almost half the time as 3M.

I just got back from doing a full Lambo. I used 3M and was wishing I would have brought Fenders in Venture due to so much stretch.

There isn't a perfect film out yet, but they are getting close. If I can have the 3M durability with Venture easiness and clearness then we would have a winner.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:20 PM
5decades
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Auto Paint Guard
Hello Guys. Please Read this before you buy a Bra.

I've been installing clear bras for 7 years now and have installed and still install every product on the market today. With that said, Here is the information.

Film Warranty - The people that are falling for the lifetime warranty are going to be in trouble down the road. Only 3M and ClearShield film covers the installer for the film and Labor (labor being $150-250).... Where as Venture, Avery and LLumar only covers the film, leaving the customer with the labor again.

3M Clear Coat - the 3rd Generation film is going to be the best overall film on the market today by far. The first generation film is the only one that yellowed. Pro- Great warranty, it is the most durable film, if you scratch the film you can use Rubbing Alcohol to remove the scratch. If you do this with any other film you will distort the film and destroy the film. Down side is, 3M is little more expensive, it is harder to install due to a thicker clear coat and you can get stretch marks in the film if not installed correctly.

Venture Clear Coat - I have several rolls that I will be happy to give anyone. Pros- the film is cheap, clear with no orange peel, and is very easy to install. Cons - Scratches VERY easy, you can not remove the scratch, and bugs literally eat through the film whithin 1-2 days. I have this on my personal truck and the film is completly Yellow in 7 months. I have pictures to prove!!!! I like to use Venture only on garage Queen cars, that are going to be waxed correctly and only driven occasionally.

Avery Clear Coat - Overall a decent film. Pros - Easy to install, clear, strongest film on the market. Cons - Lots of orange peel, and can scratch fairly easy, but not near as easy as the Venture.

ClearShield - Probably my 2nd favorite film. Great Warranty, glossy, the best for durability. Cons- can be difficult to install on certain cars.

I always say at the end of the day any film is going to stop rock chips, some better than others. For the safest film for every day use, which I think Minis fall into this category, I would stick with 3M and or Clearshield.

Also recommend everyone get a can of Plexus which is a plastic cleaner. Only use this on your film and do not wax. Some wax's can turn the film yellow.

Hope this helps.

We can go over Pattern designs if you want. Just let me know.

Ryan Burroughs
www.autopaintguard.com
Just had my Z06 done with 3m. And when the MCS comes in I'll have it done with 3M. You are correct about the films above. I produced vehicle wraps for years and the 3M films and laminations are the tops in the market place, due to the quality, warranty (labor and material) and removeability!!! Great article!