R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 First Mini, Clubman

Old 10-09-2018, 09:56 PM
coach74
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First Mini, Clubman

Finally got myself a Mini. Its a 2012 Clubman with 83,000. Its my first Mini and I'm stoked. I've driven lots of cars. Owned trucks and SUVs. This Mini is got me cheesing ear to ear. I'm breaking stereotypes with this purchase. Football coaches don't drive Mini Coopers. ha ha ha

Old 10-10-2018, 07:09 AM
cargusjoh
4th Gear
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Congratulations! Clubman rock for so many reasons, and you got a good year. The non-turbo motor is a very reliable one. If you start losing oil the PCV incorporated in the valve cover could be the culprit. The whole valve cover needs replacing. If your thermostat, water pump, or FRM (footwall module) go out, check with the dealer to see if you are covered by an extended warranty. Or, check on this site to see if yours is.
http://www.mini-rp.com/production/mi...ini_portal.nsf

When yuo get in the MINI, grap the seatbelt before you close the door. Much easier. And you have a secret compartment above the glove box. Push the bottom of the dash panel above the box, release, and the panel flips up.

Enjoy, and don't forget to wave at fellow MINI!

The following users liked this post:
coach74 (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 11:39 AM
coach74
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cargusjoh
Congratulations! Clubman rock for so many reasons, and you got a good year. The non-turbo motor is a very reliable one. If you start losing oil the PCV incorporated in the valve cover could be the culprit. The whole valve cover needs replacing. If your thermostat, water pump, or FRM (footwall module) go out, check with the dealer to see if you are covered by an extended warranty. Or, check on this site to see if yours is.
http://www.mini-rp.com/production/mi...ini_portal.nsf

When yuo get in the MINI, grap the seatbelt before you close the door. Much easier. And you have a secret compartment above the glove box. Push the bottom of the dash panel above the box, release, and the panel flips up.

Enjoy, and don't forget to wave at fellow MINI!
Thanks for the maintenance heads up.I'm hoping I get to enjoy my clubman for miles before issues pop up. I read so many horror stories about Mini that I wasn't going to get one. But, I have always liked the look, size and individuality of them. First time I drove one, a 2008 clubman, I was smitten. When I moved here to California I got caught up in the hype of getting a Tacoma or FJ Cruiser. But after 3 months of looking I came back to Mini.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:33 AM
UndeR55dawg
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been over 3 months now with your Clubby, how do you like it?

I bought my 2012 Laser Blue Justa Clubman in October of 2016, that car is family now and I always look back at it when I'm walking away and she's got me cheesing from ear to ear...even after 2 years! We've been on long road trips and numerous rallies with our MINI Club as well as my daily driver. I feel ya when it comes to the "stereotypes", NO ONE other then the wife could believe it when I got mines, "I don't see you driving a............MINI!" was a very common remark, one that i still hear from time to time! So far she's held up great with just oil/fluids/filters, brakes, tires, spark plugs, and one bum valve cover seal in my 25k of motoring!

Old 01-30-2019, 11:39 AM
coach74
1st Gear
Originally Posted by UndeR55dawg
It's been over 3 months now with your Clubby, how do you like it?

I bought my 2012 Laser Blue Justa Clubman in October of 2016, that car is family now and I always look back at it when I'm walking away and she's got me cheesing from ear to ear...even after 2 years! We've been on long road trips and numerous rallies with our MINI Club as well as my daily driver. I feel ya when it comes to the "stereotypes", NO ONE other then the wife could believe it when I got mines, "I don't see you driving a............MINI!" was a very common remark, one that i still hear from time to time! So far she's held up great with just oil/fluids/filters, brakes, tires, spark plugs, and one bum valve cover seal in my 25k of motoring!
So far to good. Love it. Only thing I've had to do is add some oil and have the rear brakes replaced and a front sensor. Haven't taken it on any road trips yet. Farthest Ive driven has been an hour up to San Francisco along the PCH. I love the Sport Mode!!! I only turn it on when I'm on the freeway. Right now I'm looking for a Thule or Yakima rack for my roof rails. I've taken up surfing and SUP.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:22 PM
UndeR55dawg
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's one thing about these MINIs......they're thirsty! I check my oil at minimum once a week, she drinks a quart every 1500 miles or so, and they don't like getting low on oil! I used to only put her in Sport mode on rally days but with this winter and having the heat on full blast, it's been on nonstop since December! Driving the PCH is on top of my bucket list! I've been to the Bay Area once for work, but after seeing it's roads, and beauty, I can't wait to get back! Eventually I'd like to get a rack for mine, they look pretty slick, and the added utility is always a bonus!