1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Mini, First Thread, First Post

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:13 PM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Mini, First Thread, First Post

Hello all!

My name is Tony, I'm 27 and I have just purchased my first Mini.
It's a new 2012 Cooper S, Midnight Black, matching roof, black leather int. It is as base as base comes and I like it that way.

My purchase started with the idea that I needed a new vehicle that got superb gas mileage as I drive 60 miles per day round trip to work, it had to be fun to drive, and be in the $25k range. I test drove about a dozen different cars and settled on the Mini due to its fun to drive handling, fuel mileage, more than adequate power, and the fact that I got a small deal on it. Turns out there aren't many new 2012 base S models left as the change to 2013 is coming sooner than we think.

Anyway, I'd like to say that although I fancy myself an automotive intellectual, I know nothing of these cars other than what I have been reading over the past few weeks on forums, blogs, and tech articles. I am looking forward to this forum and it's member's wealth of Mini knowledge and experience.

Also, my friends and I have a small car club in South Chicagoland where I live, small as in number of members, not size of our cars. Cars range from Cobalt SS' to fully built street/strip Camaros, a couple Mustangs, and now my new Mini. We're always trying to get together to hang out at night and talk a out cars when we can.

Thanks and hope to talk to you all soon,
-Tony C.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Notawagonwife
2nd Gear
Congrats and Welcome. You will love the S. It will certainly make your commute more enjoyable.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:46 AM
tommybwell
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome. I would rather have a base MCS than a blinged out anything else at that price point.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:24 AM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
That's what I figured. The options are nice but putting a ton of options on a substandard car just makes an expensive substandard car, IMO. I enjoy the simplicity of the interior as a contrast to the complexity of the handling characteristics. My initial test drive was in the pouring rain, and lift off oversteer was quite an interesting standard feature. Should make for some fun Chicago winter driving. Haha

Last edited by TonyCheckraise; 06-09-2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Typo fix
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 PM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
Just took delivery today. Here's some quick shots I took with my iPhone before I got food with my friend who drove me to the dealer.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:37 PM
riverac87
1st Gear
That is NICE I love it. Makes me want to some how speed up delivery on mine

I ordered the same black on black, with baker street package on a base NON S. The reason I went with the NON S is because I live in Puerto Rico. Down here we pay 30-35% more on the MSRP ; therefore, my "Black Mamba" is setting me back $29,000 after negotiating price.

happy motoring my friend

Last edited by riverac87; 07-08-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: removed lttr