R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 what should i expect?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Shane Jones
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what should i expect?

2008 mini clubman non s. if timing chain is the issue but has not broken could there be engine damage? car missing out at idle. slight ticking sound when cold? runs rough and shift rough when air is on but subsides if sport mode is engaged. any thought, or insights would be appreciated greatly.
shane

Old 08-12-2016, 10:43 AM
daddyandmadi
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Non S has less of timing chain issue. The ticking is normal when cold. Any codes coming up? Maybe try dash command/ MINI reader and see what codes come up.

I'd guess plugs may need replacing. If it was an S, it say carbon buildup, but Cooper's don't have the same issues

Good luck

Old 08-12-2016, 01:54 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
R55

Originally Posted by Shane Jones
2008 mini clubman non s. if timing chain is the issue but has not broken could there be engine damage? car missing out at idle. slight ticking sound when cold? runs rough and shift rough when air is on but subsides if sport mode is engaged. any thought, or insights would be appreciated greatly.
shane
Hi Shane! Welcome to NAM. You should have many years of grins ahead of you. Sounds like a tuneup in order. Any idea when the last one was done? How many miles on yours, and any mods made by prior owner? Please post some pix when you have the chance:

In the meantime, here's a handy service & maintenance guide to help you keep your Clubman running spot on:

http://new.minimania.com/Mini_Cooper...for_Gen2_Minis

When you are ready for some upgrades, let us know. We've been with the brand for over 40 years on the street and race track:

http://new.minimania.com/Mini_Cooper..._for_your_Mini

Here's a tuneup kit that should handle pretty much everything, but of course, anything can be purchased seperately:

http://new.minimania.com/part/G2NMK6503/

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Shane Jones
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well here's the scoop on the clubman. going to be 1595 for parts and labor. replacing timing chain, cassette and tensioner, solenoid, and crankshaft cover. no details as mechanic talked to my wife as I am on third shift this week. waiting to for here to get home for more details. be done this wed. I am just thankful I did not destroy my engine and the 1595 beats the hell out of the 3 grand quoted by mini over the phone.