R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Not the death rattle, but something worse...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 01:23 PM
MiniMello
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
almost sounded like an engine mount bottoming out. I think your dealer is lettingit be hoping you run out of warranty before the problem gives up the engine. I would call mini directly and see if they can come to some resolution the dealer sounds like a stealership

Old 01-06-2017, 01:28 PM
k_brady
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniMello
almost sounded like an engine mount bottoming out. I think your dealer is lettingit be hoping you run out of warranty before the problem gives up the engine. I would call mini directly and see if they can come to some resolution the dealer sounds like a stealership
I'm on the same page hombre. I feel they are milking this to their best ability. It's a shame for the brand (if thats the case). I've reached out to MINI USA and they got back to me. Even had the service manager call me to bring the car in on a day the BMW rep would be there. Never heard any word back about what day that would be. I even reached out to them asking "When's that service rep coming in?" and got nothing back.

Either I am trying too hard or not hard enough. I'd like my car to be healthy

Old 01-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Camyman
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by k_brady
I'm on the same page hombre. I feel they are milking this to their best ability. It's a shame for the brand (if that's the case). I've reached out to MINI USA and they got back to me. Even had the service manager call me to bring the car in on a day the BMW rep would be there. Never heard any word back about what day that would be. I even reached out to them asking "When's that service rep coming in?" and got nothing back.

Either I am trying too hard or not hard enough. I'd like my car to be healthy
Call MINI USA and tell them of your plight. Ask them to open a ticket with the regional rep to have him schedule something. 1-800-831-1117. They will want your VIN as well. Irresponsible dealers are getting the beat down as of late. Might also be worthwhile to go to the new kids. Sometimes they do the best work. Keep us posted on what's happening and I am still with a MINI dealer, so let me know if there is anything advanced I can try and do to help you.