R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Snooping around SEMA stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you.

And here's to your Mother, let's all remember what she (and countless parents like her) advised -
"if you dont have anything nice to say..."
! Or as someone I know said "There's no accounting for tastes."

I enjoy seeing everyone's photos.

P.S. I bet that SEMA show will be amazing - would love to hear about it, too.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
glnr13
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks a helluva lot better than neon lighting and stuck on plastic chrome

Old 11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
DrPhilGandini
My little dose of LITHIUM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And if you want hourly updates on what's hot at SEMA you can always check AutoBlog, the single greatest auto blog on the planet, IMHO.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ART ED
I may be an old fart, but racist is not one of them. MY comment was meant to be in jest but obviously taken way too seriously. I come from a long line of American cars with lots of muscle and ingenuity and it took a lot to convert to something like the mini, but I am glad I did. I suppose my comment comes from seeing far too many of those types of muffler/tail pipes on the rides of imports driven recklessly in my community and nearly running me over in the process. It's too bad they are not at SEEMA and not doing Autocross legally on weekends instead of endangering other street racing.
Interesting that you seem to be drawing a direct line from a couple of pics of big exhaust cans on a Clubman to "endangering other(s) street racing". I'd say you are confirming Tuls opinion somewhat.

I'd say some here need to broaden their automotive tastes a little bit. Appreciate well done work that may not be your style. Maybe spend less time covering your MINIs in excess amounts of chrome, vinyl graphics, stickers, badges & other baubles from the Moss MINI catalog. Please understand not all of us think that putting every possible part covered in a UJ or checkers on your MINI is in good taste either.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:31 PM
r52pimp
Banned
Bottom line:

Big cans. Good on a girl, not so much on a car.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 PM
buddylove
1st Gear
Originally Posted by r52pimp
Bottom line:

Big cans. Good on a girl, not so much on a car.

True statement, lol

Old 11-04-2008, 10:16 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
If the size of the exhaust has to be that size to make it as free flowing as possible with a "pleasing" exhaust note, then great. If the size has everything to do with looks, then I'm against them. I'm not trying to relive the hot rodding days of my youth but I do love the looks of a nicely done dual job with free flowing turbo mufflers. Oh, the lowering job looks good because it isn't too low.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 AM
Gregg
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Tüls
I always love the "rice" comments. It shows just how ignorant the mini community is to the REAL automotive tuning scene.

Those are APEXi cans. They are one of the ORIGINAL imported companies. A split off from HKS. They are TOP quality. With welds that make anything any MINI vendor has ever put out look like crap. The sound is equally nice. Not the typical generic "rice" can you think of.

But this community is so old being old racist farts that you see a stereo type and dont even understand where it came from.

Also, it's SEMA.

At the end of the day you guys can like what you will. I'll like what I will. In the end. We'll see who's car is at SEMA. :P
I'm amazed that you took the commets so violently that you had to revert to making slurs against ones character for expressing an opinion. Call them what you will, I still call them ricers. I take no offence from whatever you call them. And yes i'm an seasoned professional who has owed and modified many cars, and displayed at SEMA. I'm not into the curent trend on big exhaust cans, I prefer performance over apperanace and will change when the right product hits the market. BTW if your at SEMA look up my brothers Madza, he owns and operates DG Motorsports, he still shows every year and his new car is very nice. No MINI products yet but he and I are talking

Old 11-05-2008, 10:47 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
and for those that really want to go "ricer" or crazy as i see it, but to each his own

LED exhaust will really get you noticed.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:13 AM
hyzenthlay
1st Gear
I always love the "rice" comments. It shows just how ignorant the mini community is to the REAL automotive tuning scene.

But this community is so old being old racist farts that you see a stereo type and dont even understand where it came from.
One thing over all for those who dont like it. Mom's USED to say, "if you dont have anything nice to say..."

Yes, perhaps you should have taken that advice.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:17 AM
mpdwag
2nd Gear
BTW, "stereotypes" is one word - I thought you were talking about audio systems. Does that make me a racist?

Old 11-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Well thanks for summing up a reason yet again not to post on NAM. I'm done.

Enjoyed my time here, sharing all the unpossibleness I could create. However, thanks to a special few... it's over for all.

Thank you and good night.