R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Clubman Capture Contest

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Parkerton
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And with her 5th parked Clubman capture, HTClubman TAKES THE LEAD!

Fertile Turtle...WOW! Great job! Just to make sure, that red one was in motion, yes? I LOVE the MY/S combo on the 2nd capture!! Way to vault up the leaderboard from relative obscurity = )

Old 09-15-2008, 09:40 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Parkerton

Fertile Turtle...WOW! Great job! Just to make sure, that red one was in motion, yes? I LOVE the MY/S combo on the 2nd capture!! Way to vault up the leaderboard from relative obscurity = )

Whoo-hoo!!! I know I won't be in that place for long, though. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear

yes. the red and black one was coming right at me heading East on Catawba Ave. as I was heading West. I tried to line it up and almost missed it as it passed me.

thanks!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Parkerton
4th Gear
HTClubman, I was sharing a little bit about this contest with my wife yesterday and I told her about you being among the leaders but that you were unique because all your Clubmans were parked. She said to me..."He (not knowing your gender) should've just waited by the parked Clubmans until the owner returned and pulled out, then he could've doubled his points!"

Pure genius!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by wampa
Leaving the Panthers game today in parking lot.

2-0 Baby!!

I should be crushing this contest. My total should be 16, instead it is 4.
Gooooo Panthers.

I've been considering LB/AB w/silver/black bonnet stripes. just so it will RAD at the games.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Parkerton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fertile-turtle
yes. the red and black one was coming right at me heading East on Catawba Ave. as I was heading West. I tried to line it up and almost missed it as it passed me.

thanks!
AHHHHHHH, all this time I was thinking you were headed in the SAME direction as the CR/B Clubman and was confused because it looked like a residential neighborhood. But now I get it. Wow, thinking about it...I think this is an AMAZING capture since you had so little time. You MUST have one button access to the camera on your phone!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear
. You MUST have one button access to the camera on your phone!
I do. and it was after school traffic. so we were going about 10 mph at the time

Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 AM
wampa
3rd Gear
HTClubman, I was sharing a little bit about this contest with my wife yesterday and I told her about you being among the leaders but that you were unique because all your Clubmans were parked. She said to me..."He (not knowing your gender) should've just waited by the parked Clubmans until the owner returned and pulled out, then he could've doubled his points!"

Pure genius!!!
I've done that twice. But after 5 minutes I bagged it and just took the 1 point.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear

Pure genius!!!
Don't think I haven't thought about that!! I'm just too dang busy and don't have the extra time to wait!! Believe me, I'm still stalking one of our neighbors who has a blue clubman. rasputinj and I have both seen it driving up the street, but didn't have the camera handy . It's SOMEWHERE in our neighborhood. We're sure they keep it in the garage (which makes it hard to see)!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:16 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Parkerton - One more thing, living in So Cal (as you know living in No Cal) - folks drive FAST, so it would/will be tough to catch them while actually moving!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Nice job HTClubman and fertile turtle! That HC/B one has me rethinking my order (DS/B), egads!

I didn't know that moving ones had more value (not that it makes a dif since I haven't seen any in awhile) but I may have to give a little push to any parked ones I see . Game on!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Nice job HTClubman and fertile turtle! That HC/B one has me rethinking my order (DS/B), egads!

I didn't know that moving ones had more value (not that it makes a dif since I haven't seen any in awhile) but I may have to give a little push to any parked ones I see . Game on!
Don't go rethinking your color choice. I love the DS/B combo. My MCS was that color combo and I love it. HC/B is great. I was down to three color combos and I chose PW/B, but they are all so cool.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Joep
Don't go rethinking your color choice. I love the DS/B combo. My MCS was that color combo and I love it. HC/B is great. I was down to three color combos and I chose PW/B, but they are all so cool.
Agreed . Thanks! I can't wait for the production to start since that way I can't even play with the idea of making any changes .

I'm surprised that I don't see more Clubmans in Seattle -- maybe I'd better try some different routes to the office to help my score.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Parkerton
4th Gear
HTClubman, I don't know where you are in So Cal, but unfortunately my experience w/ So Cal driving has been sloooooooooooooooooow...just bumper to bumper followed by short hallelujah moments of 30-40 mph sprints.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Ok good people...this morning, on the 23 freeway in Thousand Oaks, CA!!! And before this (this morning) saw a blue one on Olsen road heading east as I was heading west (both of us going too fast for me to take a pix)! One more for me Parkerton and please share with your wife - Clubman in motion!!

Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
HTClubman, I don't know where you are in So Cal, but unfortunately my experience w/ So Cal driving has been sloooooooooooooooooow...just bumper to bumper followed by short hallelujah moments of 30-40 mph sprints.
Yes, we have lots of traffice here, no doubt. But when there's no heavy traffic, it's peadal to the metal. If you're going 75 mph in the fast lane, you better get over or you will be run over (we're so friendly here...).

Old 09-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Parkerton
4th Gear
Congrats on your first Clubman in motion!!!

I'm SO BUMMED, I saw a MINI come up on my right lane today and thought for sure, it was a traditional MINI, but as it passed me and turned right, it was a Clubbie!!! My first missed Clubman

Old 09-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Ok... I have two to add...BOTH from the same family...now i just need to figure out how to post them... be patient with me!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Joep
6th Gear
I caught sight of this clubman on my way to work but like most I didn't have the camera ready. I did some investigating and found her hiding near the local post office.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did some investigating and found her hiding near the local post office.
Stalker!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
joep - very nice! Although I'm not bias being the proud owner of a PW/B MCCS (one that should be on a boat next week)!!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
Stalker!!!

Beat me to it LadyG!

Stalking, err I mean investigating, is what we've come to.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
Stalker!!!

Hey Lady G... in your arsenal of emoticons do you have one for envy because I need to slap it right about here

Old 09-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Beat me to it LadyG!

Stalking, err I mean investigating, is what we've come to.
I like to sound of investigating, it rollls right off the tongue... Innnnvesstigating.... Yeah, I like it, but serious (and don't tell anyone ) I was stalking!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:24 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Lady G... in your arsenal of emoticons do you have one for envy because I need to slap it right about here

I just searched, and I can't believe there isn't one!

Quick Reply: R55 Clubman Capture Contest