R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 WARNING LIGHT(s) GLITCH

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 04:22 PM
harold47
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WARNING LIGHT(s) GLITCH

Hi:

Yesterday my transmission gear indicator lamp warning, today my tire pressure monitoring system shows right front tire low.

Anyone else?

I live quite some distance from the dealership. Would you mind plese telling me exactly what part(s) they had to change in yours so that I can have them order for me prior to my going up there and save a trip and a 1/2 day?

Thanks!!

Old 07-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Robsreef
2nd Gear
I know you saw my post on your other thread but just to give you a heads up, they would not order any of my parts until they actually diagnosed my car to see what sensors were bad even though they were 99% sure of which ones they were. Hopefully maybe your dealer will have the parts in stock since this seems to be a common problem on 07-08 Automatics. My Clubby is an S and I know that the demo at the dealership that had the same problem as mine was an S. I just found out that someone in our MINI club had the same exact problem as me on their 08 MCS Automatic. Also, be prepared to wait a while. My dealer gave me another MINI to drive so did not have to sit there for the 5.5 hours it took to get the problem sorted out. The girl in our club said it took about the same amount of time to have hers switched out also. This is so frustrating when you are having to deal with this on a brand new vehicle. I would of thought MINI would of came up with a fix being that this has been going on for over a year now. Like I said in my other post, they switched out a bad tire pressure sensor and the gear selector sensor. No lights came on for about a week and then all of a sudden, that stupid gear light is on and off again. The only good thing I can say is the fact that the car is still driveable.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:53 PM
harold47
3rd Gear
thanks!

Old 07-07-2008, 06:35 PM
anima
1st Gear
my airbag warning light has come on 3 times in the 4 months I have had the car. The first time they had it for a few hours, reset the light, I drove it out of the dealership and it came right back on. I took it back the next day and they sat on it for a week, eventually replacing a sensor somewhere, 2 months later it came on again. As it stands they have had my car for another week and are in the process (supposedly) of replacing the right front airbag. It is frustrating that in the 4 months I have had the car it has spent 2 weeks in the shop already.

Jeff

Old 07-08-2008, 06:49 AM
PepperSClubman
2nd Gear
The TPMS light came on in my car within the first 600 miles. I was on a road trip so I checked my tires and determined it was the sensor (the tires were fine). During the next 1000 miles the light would come on and go off every now and then. This hasn't occurred since March. When I switched out to summer tires I had to reset the TPMS and it hasn't been a problem in the new wheels. IMO TPMS is an overly complex system that is prone to (false) faults.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:55 AM
ITTAZVIC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by anima
my airbag warning light has come on 3 times in the 4 months I have had the car. The first time they had it for a few hours, reset the light, I drove it out of the dealership and it came right back on. I took it back the next day and they sat on it for a week, eventually replacing a sensor somewhere, 2 months later it came on again. As it stands they have had my car for another week and are in the process (supposedly) of replacing the right front airbag. It is frustrating that in the 4 months I have had the car it has spent 2 weeks in the shop already.

Jeff
My daughter just had a similar experience. The airbag light came on and she brought it in and got it back in a day. Light returned after 24 hours. Brought it back again and they kept it for a week. Just got it back yesterday. I hope this fixes it without having to go back in 4 months.(R56 delivered in Oct. '07)