R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Dealer Installed Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:39 AM
kbleicher
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As someone else said, dealer installation fees are negotiable. Per my order, the following included dealer installation fees:

- Mud Flaps
- Wheel Locks
- Chrome Hood Scoop
- Rubber Mats
- Mini Stems

My original installation quote was rather high. I went to a different dealer and they offered to do it at no cost, which gave me some breathing room and I could shop around (I'm pretty happy with how it ended up).

I have 3 Mini dealers in the Chicago area, so it made this a lot easier...

Last edited by kbleicher; 06-12-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:20 PM
jweiss32807
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer installed tint was $190. My dealer installed sport stripes was $225. Can't comment on the others.

Jon W.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:46 PM
digi0123
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kbleicher
As someone else said, dealer installation fees are negotiable. Per my order, the following included dealer installation fees:

- Mud Flaps
- Wheel Locks
- Chrome Hood Scoop
- Rubber Mats
- Mini Stems

My original installation quote was rather high. I went to a different dealer and they offered to do it at no cost, which gave me some breathing room and I could shop around (I'm pretty happy with how it ended up).

I have 3 Mini dealers in the Chicago area, so it made this a lot easier...
They charged you to install the floor mats and stem caps? Wow....

Old 06-12-2008, 06:57 PM
misslindsey
5th Gear
The dealers get paid to prep your car. If they try to pass that on to you I'd make a call to MINI USA because that's a whole steaming pile of BS. No OEM would allow a dealer to sell a car that wasn't prepped or pass that cost on to the customer. It may be a non-negotiable line item on the invoice for some, but it should never be an add-on. A full tank of gas may not be an automatic gimme anymore, but taking the plastic off surely is.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:06 PM
digi0123
3rd Gear
I have to completely agree. My dealership is claiming $595 for a dealer prep fee...includes a detail, floor mats, and a full tank of gas.....let's break it down.

Mats front back and boot ar probably $150. Tank of gas on the S model is $55 where I'm at, and the car had better be clean...so this dude is going to pocket $390.....hell no.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:10 PM
misslindsey
5th Gear
At that point, if I really had to get it at that dealer I'd ask for them to leave the plastic on the doors (oh, you already took it off? I didn't ask you to!), throw the floor mats in the boot, or let me pick them up at the parts counter, and just let me bring a gas can (but it should come with enough to get you to the gas station around the corner).

That'll even save you the time removing the complimentary swirl marks from your "detail."

Old 08-12-2008, 12:35 PM
koveras
2nd Gear
Has anyone had a price quote for labor installing the JCW Aero Kit or the JCW Strut Brace?

Old 08-12-2008, 01:31 PM
digi0123
3rd Gear
Do the brace yourself, but know that FWD cars don't see much improved handling from bracing the towers, rather the sway bars under the car. If it's for looks, there are cheaper bars out there...I think M7 has one...

Figure anthing from the dealership is going to be $75 an hour or more for labor...the kit is going to be whatever price they quote you plus at least 5 hours labor...I think th Aero is $1250 online and then another 500 labor...no mudflaps with that either...if you have them, this kit will delete them. They won't match up with the skirts....maybe some custom drilling might help.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:40 PM
koveras
2nd Gear
I was seriously debating getting a sway bar and i found one(M7 i think) for about $125 that was highly recommended but I forgot to bookmark it and lost the link! I couldnt find it again on M7's site but I was reading several comments mentioning how much of a difference it makes firming up the car going around corners and curves. I didnt realize i was posting in the Clubman forum until after I replied. Actually wanting to get an 09 convertible and put my deposit down to reserve a build slot at the dealership already. Thanks for the info!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:41 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
double post sorry

Old 08-12-2008, 03:42 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
As much as I would have preferred something other than a black interior on my new Clubman, all the extra pieces required to make it "look right" to my eye, combined with the added labor charges were enough to make me steer clear altogether. Too many shades of gray, black, silver, shiny, dull, etc. already going on in there to start adding a whole different color pallette piece by piece and rack up even more $$. With all the choices MINI allows, I'd have thought you could choose a seating color and get all the matching trim included for a single price. Every time I tried to build one calling for the brown or beige color scheme, I found myself wanting to change more and more trim pieces to make it match/flow better. I hope in the future MINI will offer a gray leather as well or, at the very least, provide all the complementing pieces that work with beige/brown without charging so much extra. Just my 2 cents; hope someone's listening.
I totally agree, when I started looking at the Tuscan leather and other leather accessories, I felt there was still too much grey and black to give it the total feel I wanted, plus I did not like all of the extra costs involved. So I went the the stock interior I felt it would go well with Pepper White and Black. If it was a single price and everything in the interior matched the color scheme I probably would have gone with a package like that.