R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 one final question: brg or chili red?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 02:28 PM
jamz9987
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doogs, the "Cloudy with a Chance of Rain" picture of you '06 is awesome.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:43 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
I was on cruise control in the right lane bopping along at 65mph listening to some good music and enjoying the day. Cars were passing me one after another and I didn't really care. I was in the zone.

Then a sporty coupe with two young ladies pulled even with me instead of passing. I looked over and the passenger gal raised her shirt and flashed me! Then she covered up and they sped off never to be seen again.

I don't think BRG gets this kind of response.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:04 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by eviedeevie
We are well past the stage where I had a real point.

I want the red and black because I want the red and black. I like the BRG but not as much. It's too mature for me, somehow. I think the BRG with the snuggly leather interior is for when I get that "Dr" in front of my name. The hot red car is for right now.

OK. I'm going to order it tomorrow or on Tuesday if they're closed for Memorial Day. WOO!

All the BRG people in here are super classy. And that's what it is--BRG is super classy, and chili red is super LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. I guess I'm in an attention-seeking phase right now. Hmm, there's no smiley for ::bashful/ashamed grin::, so just picture it.
Doogs Clubby is just like my Otto except I don't have a front license plate and I have a stubby antenna so the car cover fits over it. I love the red. I was between BRG, Laser Blue and Chili Red, even to the point I had told the MA Laser Blue.
I woke in the middle of the night and knew it had to be the red. I emailed him and changed it and never looked back. I am in love with this car.

Think of it as ladybug colors instead of political stuff. I have a small stuffed ladybug in my car and also one of my lifesize gorillas (Joe) with a red dinosaur shirt from a London Museum. (I think he is in my gallery, if not I'll put him there.)
The gorilla's pal is a Mr Bean Bear and a little black sheep rides in the back. Of course I own a stuffed animal shop so I always have mascots in my cars.
NO people, just stuffies. So much less complaining that way.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:11 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CR/B reminds you of ***** ?!?! Weird.

Anyway, both are classic colors, although BRG would be more so if it weren't a metallic paint.

While both are great colors, BRG is a little more subtle. CR is an eye-grabber, especially when dressed up properly.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:14 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW, that is a sweet Cooper!!

Old 05-25-2008, 06:19 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why, thank you Dear... how kind of you to say so.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Doogs
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cloud10
Think of it as ladybug colors instead of political stuff.
Or one of those poison dart frogs from the Amazon. It may be small, but it packs a helluva punch!

I have to admit, I don't get the **** association. And I'm just about as big a history dork as you can be. I majored in it in college, keep up with it to this day (currently reading Peter Heather's Fall of the Roman Empire - fantastic, btw), and I've spent the last span of years writing a novel about the Second Punic War between Rome and Carthage.

Point being...if I don't make the connection right off the bat, I doubt many others will, either. Unless you paint a swastika on the side, or something.

P.S. - if you're freaking out about possible **** associations, Porsche did a good deal of built work for the Third Reich's war machine. My memory's a bit hazy, but I know they made turrets for the Panther and Tiger tanks.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:58 PM
LarryParker
ClubRed
Speaks for it self

Mine speaks for it self.......but then again you really can't go wrong with any of thr combos

Old 05-25-2008, 08:13 PM
b werner
2nd Gear
I almost bought a CR/B and in fact had put down the deposit for one. In the end, I chose a BRG/W because it just seemed more like me. Always buy something that fits you and you will be happy. Congrats on your future CR/B Mini, its a beauty!!