R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Anyone else have a MINI sitting on the dock in the UK right now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:22 PM
MiniRee
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joebeenimble
Is the Emden? ....supposed to be docked today?!?!?

Do any of you guys have info on the Emden?
I was wondering that, too, but they dock and unload on a 24-hour schedule, as far as I can tell. The Emden could dock as late as 23:59 today and still be considered 2-14. MAs are calling people to schedule pickups, so there must not be a known problem with the Emden...

Last edited by MiniRee; 02-14-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 02-14-2008, 02:56 PM
cixuru
2nd Gear
I need help...I've called MINI's 800 number and my MA a thousand times, gotten my production and VIN numbers, been told it left the dock in England on Feb 1...every time I enter the info in the WW site, it says there's no record of my clubman. :-(

I tried K-line with the same result. Any ideas?

Old 02-14-2008, 03:08 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Cixuru, are you sure you type in your correct VIN into here ?: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto

I don't know if "K"Line has the same service but if it does, make sure your VIN is exact. Also, if it left February 1st, it is already in the US and you will get the call very soon.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:27 PM
cixuru
2nd Gear
I double and triple checked my vin with MINI. But just three seconds ago I got a call that it arrived in Charleston this afternoon....because it left Feb 1st. I wonder the name of the ship? That would somehow help resign me to having missed the tracking process.

Should be at my dealer on the 21st, but I'm wrapped up with work and can't drive to get it for another couple of weeks. Sadness. but then happiness. lots of happiness.

called the local MINI dealer for a test drive, and seems they're letting people test drive other people's pre-sales. Glad to hear my dealer doesn't let that happen! Will be glad to see my new MINI with only 3 miles on it instead of 30.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:40 PM
club(wo)man
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cixuru
called the local MINI dealer for a test drive, and seems they're letting people test drive other people's pre-sales. Glad to hear my dealer doesn't let that happen! Will be glad to see my new MINI with only 3 miles on it instead of 30.
Oh the HORROR! I'd be pissed if they let people test the car I ordered that they know belongs to me... Isn't that what the pre-spec cars are supposed to be for?

Mine's safe for now, not yet at the dealership. I plan on stalking them this weekend so I know exactly when my car arrives. I want it I want it I want it!

Old 02-14-2008, 04:08 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Cixuru, I thought it would be here. What is weird is that you show you are in Los Angeles and you vehicle came in on the East Coast. I thought that there would be some dividing line for that. Good luck lucky!

Club(wo)man, If there are no spec cars around and someone really really wants to see one, I bet that the dealer would show an ordered vehicle. It is good for business but bad for us. It grosses me out to think anyone, I didn't allow, was in my vehicle. I don't like it when a tech takes it around for a safety inspection. I don't trust anyone with my baby.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:26 AM
joebeenimble
2nd Gear
Emden docked yesterday at 6:15....

BUT... doesn't look like they will start unloading her until 1pm today.

Dangit... I was hoping to pick my MINI up in Atl Monday.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:42 AM
ptpiz
1st Gear
well thats cheap! I was also planning on hopefully picking mine up Monday, Oh well.... ONE MORE WEEK TO WAIT THEN!

Old 02-18-2008, 10:06 AM
ptpiz
1st Gear
Has anyone gotten any word from their dealers of any clubmans now being delivered that travelled on the Emden. My dealer says by the end of this week, it will be here so it's just a few more days apparently. They said that they would call me once it has trucking information, but they never call me when they tell me they are going to... lol

Old 02-18-2008, 10:08 AM
joebeenimble
2nd Gear
The only thing my dealer said was that I should expect it to be at the dealership Wednesday!!! My dealer is in ATL.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:11 AM
cixuru
2nd Gear
Mine travelled on the Emden and is supposed to be at the dealership in the Southeast on wednesday, with the dealer-installed stuff making it available for pick-up on friday.

I went and test drove one at the local dealership (not where I purchased from) this weekend. Hardest thing I've ever done was to bring that car back to the lot. Glad I'm taking a 2K mile road trip when I pick up mine...

Old 02-18-2008, 11:06 AM
ptpiz
1st Gear
Nice! Yeah, my dealer is in South Florida so I expect it to be around the same time or a day or two later. Hopefully my dealer doesn't take too long on the dealer installed stuff

Old 02-18-2008, 06:31 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't heard from my MA either, but I expect (and hope) to take delivery either Saturday or Sunday. In addition to have the iPod adaptor installed, I need to have my tints and clearbra taken care of as well before delivery. Hang on tight folks....Our Clubmans are almost here!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 PM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ClubmanS
In addition to have the iPod adaptor installed, I need to have my tints and clearbra taken care of as well before delivery.
Hey ClubmanS, I see you are in South Florida. Where are you having your Clear Bra installed? I'm in North Florida, but I got my MINI from South Motors in Miami because they gave me a much better deal than my local dealer. I emailed my MA about getting one and he said that he hadn't sold anyone a Clear Bra because he had heard that they discolor and crack and it would be cheaper to repaint the whole bumper. Maybe they sell a different one there or maybe he didn't understand what I was referring to. From what I've heard, the Clear Bra covers a lot of the front of the car (mirrors, part of the hood, bumper, etc) and I've not heard of any discoloration or cracking.

I should be picking my MINI up this weekend if everything goes according to plan and, like you, I would like to have the Clear Bra installed ASAP before I get any rock chips.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:40 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
I'm having the complete Ultrashield clear bra put on my Clubman before I pick it up this week. It is under warranty to not crack, discolor, etc. I looked it up online under Ultrashield Clear Bra. As I'm having the dealer install it I feel better about its guarantee. It's costing enough to put it on. I opted for the door cups, rear bumper area to be done too. I hate rock chips and I couldn't bear to drive it the 130 miles home taking a chance on Phoenix freeways.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:37 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 08DSMCS
Hey ClubmanS, I see you are in South Florida. Where are you having your Clear Bra installed? I'm in North Florida, but I got my MINI from South Motors in Miami because they gave me a much better deal than my local dealer. I emailed my MA about getting one and he said that he hadn't sold anyone a Clear Bra because he had heard that they discolor and crack and it would be cheaper to repaint the whole bumper. Maybe they sell a different one there or maybe he didn't understand what I was referring to. From what I've heard, the Clear Bra covers a lot of the front of the car (mirrors, part of the hood, bumper, etc) and I've not heard of any discoloration or cracking.

I should be picking my MINI up this weekend if everything goes according to plan and, like you, I would like to have the Clear Bra installed ASAP before I get any rock chips.
Sorry for the late reply.... I am using the following gentleman for both, my window tints and FULL hood clearbra for our new Clubman: Ivan Soto Advanced Window Tinting (954)-438-1040 or (305)-299-6151 (Cell) He is an absolute gentleman and does top notch work. He is well respected in the South Florida MINI community. He did the window tints of my '05 R53 S about a year ago and they look superb (28% fronts and 15% backs). He typically charges $150 for the tints (includes labor all film is precision computer cut in his truck and never inside your car) with a full lifetime warranty. I am waiting to hear from him in regards to the price of the front end clearbra. He has full mobile service and he will even install the tints/clearbra, etc on your car at the dealership prior to deliver. So if you coordinate with him, he can take care of everything while your car is still down at South Motors. Hope this helps! PS: I am probably having the whole hood wrapped up in the clearbra material. But Ivan can custom cut and put as much material as your tastes and budget allow. This guy also works in top tier machinery... Rolls Royces, Lambos, Ferraris, etc. He is been doing this for nearly 20 years.

Last edited by ClubmanS; 02-19-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:38 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Clearbras (High quality ones and professionally installed) do not discolor or crack. I have had one in my '05 R53 S since new. The car is 3 years old and the bra still looks good and has protected the front end quite a bit. Any MA worth their salt, would never advice a client to never purchase a quality cleabra and to repaint the hood instead. Not surprising, coming from some of the "finest" sales force brass at South Motors MINI.

Last edited by ClubmanS; 02-19-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:45 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Well I just talked to my MA and the shipment of Clubmans (From the Emdem) down to Ft. lauderdale seems to be running behind schedule. Plus my MA is departing tomorrow to Las Vegas for the MINIUSA Clubman sales training. Unfortunately, my chances of taking delivery of the car by the end of this week appear to be getting slimmer and slimmer by the minute. Now it looks like the delivery date will be pushed back to March 1st.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:48 AM
ptpiz
1st Gear
WHOA WHAO WHAT! March 1? Thats crazy

Old 02-19-2008, 09:04 AM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ClubmanS
Well I just talked to my MA and the shipment of Clubmans (From the Emdem) down to Ft. lauderdale seems to be running behind schedule. Plus my MA is departing tomorrow to Las Vegas for the MINIUSA Clubman sales training. Unfortunately, my chances of taking delivery of the car by the end of this week appear to be getting slimmer and slimmer by the minute. Now it looks like the delivery date will be pushed back to March 1st.
Oh no!! That means the same thing is probably going to happen to me. I was hoping to pick up this weekend!!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
My MA said that the long weekend holiday may have contributed to slow things a day or two. Bottom line, the car (and probably neither yours) has arrived at Lauderdale. In the best case scenario, assuming my Clubby gets here by Thrusday, the dealer still needs a day or so to install the iPod adaptor and for my installer to get the tints and clearbra. If anything, the car will probably ready for tuesday-wednesday of next week. My MA will be out of town for 2-3 days so it doesn't help either. Now the question becomes to bite the bullet and do a weekday delivery or wait until the following weekend? I think it is a little lame in part of MINIUSA not to prioritize custom ordered cars from customers that put their orders in in Nov-Dec time frame. Doesn't bode too well for cars that SHOULD have been delivered to waiting customers on launch day. Poor logistics MINIUSA!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:12 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Guys, check with your MA's and see what they tell you. Like I said in my previous post, my Clubman was completed mid-january and it was not put into the ship until Feb 1st! I think MINIUSA totally dropped the ball with this! How come some customers in the West coast already are driving and enjoying their clubbies, while some of us here in the east don't even have the slightest clue as to when our cars will be delivered? Lame, lame!

Old 02-19-2008, 03:28 PM
ptpiz
1st Gear
I spoke to my dealer (Ft. Lauderdale), and they said that the clubmans that they are receiving from the Emden all loaded up on a truck this morning and will be at the dealer within 2-3 days!!!! I don't have any dealer installed accessories, besides the chrome hood scoop, which she said is on backorder anyway....

I will officially be picking up my car Saturday afternooN!!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:31 AM
ptpiz
1st Gear
Wooo! My clubbie is in! I will be there Saturday morning picking it up after the 250 mile drive from Orlando!

Old 02-21-2008, 01:28 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Congrats ptpiz!!! That means my clubby is also at the dealer as we speak. My MA is still in Vegas but she assured me that my car was "top priority"to get the iPod adaptor installed. We'll see how things pan out over the next few days. Don't forget to post some pics!

Quick Reply: R55 Anyone else have a MINI sitting on the dock in the UK right now?