R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 Intercom......

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Rightupinthere
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intercom......

I posted a greetings over in the first gear section.

I'm very intersted in the HO Cabrio S but was apprehensive if I would really use the convertible enough to justify the purchase.

Most of the apprehension was in regards to weather and my offspring.

I tested the offspring last night on the freeway by rolling down all the windows and opening the sunroof. She fared pretty well for most of the trip.

I couldn't really hear here, however. It took me about 10 minutes to realize that she wanted the windows rolled up because one of her plush toys was "cold."

Is there any sort of headphone intercom system with which she and I may converse?

Old 06-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Could get some low cost FRS radios (range not important), many come with cell phone like headsets.

I know many use ChatterBox at the race track, but those seem much better suited for helmets.

Just make sure what you use is legal and doesn't distract from driving.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Another thing to consider is adding a baby mirror to the windshield (I use mine to eliminate my blindspots) then you can see if your passenger is trying to get your attention, and use it for better visisblity when the top is up.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Love my MCSC HO. I can't offer any insight about having one with kids but Ican offer insight about having one without kids. My car stays very clean!

Old 06-02-2006, 07:42 AM
kwk Mini
2nd Gear
I keep a couple of blankets in the boot just for that purpose. The rolled blankets take very little space and provide the extra protection needed if the air is cool.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:29 PM
katesmini
3rd Gear
In the top down motoring trips thread someone mentions car powered electric blankets. They may help to keep the fluffly ones warm!

Old 06-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Phurbahl
2nd Gear
Windage...

How old is your offspring? I have 2 (6&7) that use cheap motocross goggles to keep the wind out. We also have a heated blanket but have rarely used it. Usually with a good windbreaker and sweater combo as well as the goggles they are quite comfortable.

Not sure about the best way to keep communication with the rear passengers. Putting up the windows focuses sound back to you as the driver but you have to yell to make yourself heard.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Rightupinthere
Neutral
Originally Posted by Phurbahl
How old is your offspring? I have 2 (6&7) that use cheap motocross goggles to keep the wind out. We also have a heated blanket but have rarely used it. Usually with a good windbreaker and sweater combo as well as the goggles they are quite comfortable.

Not sure about the best way to keep communication with the rear passengers. Putting up the windows focuses sound back to you as the driver but you have to yell to make yourself heard.
The offspring is 4.6753 years of age. The motorcross goggles sound like a winner. I'll have to continue to consider the need for communication assistance.

Thank you.