R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 Convertible Wind Blocker

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Threat
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wind deflectors are well worth the money. The benefits fo the OEM one is that it folds and fits into the boot. I don't know about ones purchased elsewhere.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Poiman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pjschaffer
MorrisTown Mini on eBay stores has been carrying the wind deflector for $295+shipping for a while now. Brand new. I bought one and the service was great.

Phil

I can second this...bought mine from them through ebay. Well worth every penny! Folds away quickly for when the kids are in the back.

Old 04-12-2006, 05:20 PM
hyper blue 06
2nd Gear
Hi,

Highy recommend the wind blocker. Excellent in cool weather.

Bought mine from Classic MIni with NAM discount!

Old 04-13-2006, 09:22 AM
pgifford
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bamatt
Ahhhh but that isn't really open motoring. I refuse to ride with the top down & the windows up I mean what's the point except for looking cheesy
Have you considered taking a sawzall to your windshield?

To me, "open motoring" isn't about maximizing exposure to the elements, it's about maximizing exposure to the sky. I'll drive with windows up, down, or in between (back windows down, front windows up). I'm hoping to pick up a rear wind deflector soon too. I love having the top down, even into the 40's (40 F is my threshold) but I don't love frostbite.

When I rode a motorcycle I used the face shield, wore gloves and long sleeves. I consider the use of windows, bun warmers, etc to be the same thing

Paul

Old 04-18-2006, 04:00 PM
meg
5th Gear
Anyone know if you are not supposed to use the windscreen if you have all the windows down? If I leave it up it makes an awful lot of noise and I am always so afraid it will break that I put it down after motoring a few miles with the windows open.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:57 PM
MacGuruTX
3rd Gear
I've found that it works best with the top and windows up; no noise and no wind

But seriously, It's for use with the windows up or down (and the top down). I usually find that its quieter with the Deflector up, then when it's down.

The only exception to this I've found is when there is a strong crosswind with gusts. If the wind is too strong against it, then it will fold down on its own. Or at least mine will.

Maybe I'll take my sound meter with me and see if I can actually measure the db level

Old 04-26-2006, 01:11 PM
banjoez
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I caved and bought the OEM wind blocker/deflector and all I can say is if you REALLY REALLY love having the top down when it's cooler out like me and REALLY REALLY hate the cold air hitting you on the back of the head, neck, shoulders and cold legs then you gotta get one of these. Man, what a pleasure. I compared driving with and without today at 50 degrees and it's like a whole different world in the cockpit. Best money spent so far. Do yourself a favor and order off Ebay from Morristown Mini when they get some more in. $295.85 + shipping. Got it in 3 days. Fabulous service. These should be standard equipment when you buy a cabrio.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:21 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by banjoez
Well, I caved and bought the OEM wind blocker/deflector and all I can say is if you REALLY REALLY love having the top down when it's cooler out like me and REALLY REALLY hate the cold air hitting you on the back of the head, neck, shoulders and cold legs then you gotta get one of these. Man, what a pleasure. I compared driving with and without today at 50 degrees and it's like a whole different world in the cockpit. Best money spent so far. Do yourself a favor and order off Ebay from Morristown Mini when they get some more in. $295.85 + shipping. Got it in 3 days. Fabulous service. These should be standard equipment when you buy a cabrio.
The wind screen was listed as standard equipment when I ordered mine. I asked my dealer about it & he said "they quit supplying them but do you want me to get you one?". He convinced me that they weren't really worth much (probably because it would have been free) so I said nah. Wish I had gotten one now

Old 04-26-2006, 04:03 PM
meg
5th Gear
True testament to the windblocker: Yesterday I tried it out with my hair down. My hair goes down to the middle of my back (ie pretty long) and all that moved was a few hairs on the top of my head. Had the windows up though. Glad I spent the money.