R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 - R52 Broken trim or seal

Old 05-16-2019, 02:18 PM
Jordan Smythe
Jordan Smythe is offline
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broken trim or seal

Someone tried to break into our Mini one night, and in a drunken haze I think they must have thought the ends of this trim were a manual top release or something. They broke both sides trying to open it.
Now the ends of this seal or trim piece stick out, and the little plastic clips that hold it are broken. This is just a regular R52, not an S if that matters.

I can't seem to find this specific part by searching for "convertible top seal" or "trim" - does anyone know what this part is called?

or does anyone thing a good dab of gorilla glue silicon sealer inside would be a bad idea to hold it down?

(not my mini - but a picture of where it is broken/popped up)

Old 05-16-2019, 02:22 PM
Altecfenix's Avatar
Altecfenix is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 100
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Try looking for "R52 Roof Gutter"
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+)
10-25-2018 06:04 PM
Stock Problems/Issues
05-27-2011 10:32 AM
Mike S
Stock Problems/Issues
04-08-2010 09:17 AM
R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+)
10-09-2009 05:30 PM
R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+)
06-29-2007 06:41 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: R52 - R52 Broken trim or seal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.