R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 Replaced cable mechanish and now...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 06:40 PM
monosmini
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Replaced cable mechanish and now...

We just replaced the passenger side cable mechanism in my convertible (6 hours and a lot head scratching but thanks to a couple of other posts here it was easier with their instructions !) and everything works fine till it gets to the end of the sunroof position.

Then it shuts down and the indicator light blinks rapidly. The top does not even act like it wants to come unlocked from the side pins.

The instruction manual says to check the back compartment and make sure the locks to that are secure and they are. And there is nothing in the way.

The other weird thing is that when I go to close the sunroof the back windows now roll up – they never did before.

Any help would be appreciated – we have a drive this weekend with our club and would like to go top down!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by monosmini; 07-06-2009 at 05:27 AM. Reason: not sure why the fong size things showed up
Old 07-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Not4no1
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds confusing...
My windows do roll up when I close my sunroof, so I am not sure about that issue. If I keep holding the button down, all my windows will close.

1st step is always checking the parcel shelf in the boot & make sure the driver's side is pushing the button down. (sounds like you have)

2nd, Have you cycled your roof (windows)? https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ry-change.html

Also, since you replaced a cable in your roof...are you sure everything is running parellel with your sunroof (both sides should reach the headliner at the same time when closing the roof)

I'll keep looking around & posting fixes (if I find any more) Hopefully someone will know what is going on & post your solution.

Good luck.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:36 PM
monosmini
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We have looked into everything we can think of here and still can not get the top to open more than the sunroof position. The latch hooks do not disengage either and the other hydrolic motor does not come on. Just the motor in the top that brings the roof back to sunroof position.

Help!

Old 07-07-2009, 06:10 AM
Not4no1
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have checked the fuses & are stumped, I would put in a call to the dealer.
I was able to take my car to the dealer, have them look it over & tell me what was wrong. They didn't charge to look at the car, but I did have to make an appointment.
Once you know what the problem is, you can decide if it driver fixable or a Dealer repair.

I'm really sorry to hear about your issues & I wish I could help you out more. Good Luck & post what you find out.

If I find any posts about issues simmular to yours, I will link them in this post for ya.