R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 So how does your dealer treat you when you bring your car in

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 07:12 PM
meanboy
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and it was purchased from another dealer or out of state. I am considering buying our MCS out of state if the difference isn't too much. I've been on the waiting list since July 2003 and it looks like at least another month before we can spec the car. I didn't want to exceed one year so I am exploring alternatives.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Old 03-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Rick-Anderson
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They should treat you well because their profit margins are largely due to their service department revenue.

Old 03-27-2004, 07:23 PM
sambusik
6th Gear
Where are you located? And where are you considering bringing the car in for server. Check the dealer rating system (link on left menu), and also search NAM for threads about certain dealers. There's a lot.

Good luck!

Old 03-27-2004, 07:25 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
I don't think other people's experiences will matter to yours. What matters is how your local dealer treats people that bought elsewhere. I know I get mine serviced at Prestige MINI in Mahwah even though I bought it at Morristown. Morristown is 20 minutes while Prestige is an hour but Prestige has a far better service staff and a great waiting room where you can watch your MINI getting its royal treatment. SO I can attest for Prestige in NJ b/c I didn't buy it there yet the customer service I get is second to none. But your dealer may be totally different. What you need to do is ask specifically about the dealer you intend to use for service. And check the dealer rating system for feedback and comments. YOu might find what you need there. Good luck!

Old 03-27-2004, 07:28 PM
meanboy
6th Gear
thanks for the replies...didn't expect any so fast. I am located in SF CA and probably will get it serviced at SF Mini or maybe even EB mini. I am on the EB mini waiting list at the moment.

Old 03-27-2004, 07:44 PM
The_Beastmaster
6th Gear
Try giving MINI of Hawaii a call to see about availability. They are low on supply right now, but are expecting a shipment. Shipping to CA from Hawaii is @ $1k. Try and ask them if a car can be rerouted from the VPC to your local dealer for a courtesy delivery. That way, there is no need to ship the car to Hawaii and back to CA.

If you do call MINI of Hawaii, ask for Randy. He's Kohu'ula MINI here on NAM.

Old 03-27-2004, 09:10 PM
meanboy
6th Gear
Thanks for tip!

Old 03-27-2004, 09:56 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
How the dealer treats you with your MINI should be the same whether you bought the MINI there or not. They are obligated to service your MINI for the duration of the warranty. MINIs are in short supply so no one dealer can hope to keep up with all of the demand and people move around from state to state and cannot always stay in one location.

Sometimes one service advisor may treat you better than another so it is good to get to know one well and always try to get them to help you.

Old 03-27-2004, 10:14 PM
kgmini
2nd Gear
Another dealer to try is Moritz MINI of Arlington, TX. That's where I ordered mine from. The wait time when I ordered (Feb) was about 8 weeks. My MCS is due in a couple of weeks. They charge MSRP + delivery charges to CA. Good guys to deal with. Their number is (817) 436-5858..ask for Jarrod or Pete. Let us know what you decide on. Happy Motoring!!

Old 03-27-2004, 10:21 PM
meanboy
6th Gear
>>Another dealer to try is Moritz MINI of Arlington, TX. That's where I ordered mine from. The wait time when I ordered (Feb) was about 8 weeks. My MCS is due in a couple of weeks. They charge MSRP + delivery charges to CA. Good guys to deal with. Their number is (817) 436-5858..ask for Jarrod or Pete. Let us know what you decide on. Happy Motoring!!

Thanks for the info. I'll have to call and see what the charges are to CA.

Old 03-27-2004, 10:35 PM
kgmini
2nd Gear
meanboy you have a pm

Old 03-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Chief_Charlie
4th Gear
Meanboy,
Check your Private Messages
Charlie

Old 03-28-2004, 12:20 AM
meanboy
6th Gear
Thanks for all the pms. I have a lot of information and now I have some options.

Old 03-28-2004, 12:45 AM
early_apex
6th Gear
We bought ours out of state through Julie at Classic MINI in Mentor Ohio. We would have had it shipped by Fred at Concours, but I ended up flying out to get it. I would highly recommend both.

The service department at our local dealer has been fine. People move and buy used cars outside of the dealer, so I don't think having bought out of state is that big of a deal.

Old 03-28-2004, 01:37 AM
hafid
6th Gear
Bought @ Baron MINI in KC - now serviced by MINI North Scottsdale. They take very good care of me, my MINI, and even my MINI's mods :smile:

Old 03-28-2004, 05:07 AM
DUCTTAPE
3rd Gear
Bought (two MINIs) at Westchester, but they are too far for service.

I go to Prestige all the time, and they are the Cadillac (no pun) standard of service departments. My doctor should take a few lessons on how to run a service based business.

Now, if I could only get my doctor to give me a loaner too. Perhaps 5'10", blonde, built like Pam Ander...oh, wait, this isn't the off topic board

David

Old 03-28-2004, 05:46 AM
asodestrom
6th Gear
I have mine serviced at SF mini. I have never had any trouble with them. Always treated well. Don't go in there as "Meanboy" and expect great treatment. I believe if you are friendly with any dealer, and take time to clearly communicate with them, most will work with you.

Andy

Old 03-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Minifly
3rd Gear
Ask Chief Charlie about some options if you can't wait otherwise I did the whole wait thing at EB Mini and I have to say they have very good to me. I would also say that if your not too thrilled with what the 05 are going to look like get one before the model change. Just my 2 cents........

Old 03-28-2004, 11:52 AM
meanboy
6th Gear
EB Mini has been pretty good to me too. I am just exploring options right now since it's been nine months so far and I wanted the mcs by the summer. I hope to have a productjion number by May 2004 but if it extends pass that I want to have my options available. Too many people are having fun out there without me.

Plus, everyone keeps asking me when I will be getting it and I tell them I haven't even ordered it yet!

Chief_Charlie has Pm'd me several times with very good information. Thanks Chief!

Old 03-28-2004, 12:15 PM
2Cool
4th Gear
I bought my MCS at Carmax. I have warranty service done in Orlando, at Downtown MINI. Excellent service, no problems at all. They have some really nice mechanics and I normally just hang out and BS with them while they work on the car. Then they have it washed and ready for me to head home. Nothing but kudos from me for them.

Old 03-28-2004, 12:52 PM
jerrygee
4th Gear
Brecht in Escondido, CA serviced my MCS with total incompetence. They were incapable of ever fixing anything right the first time. And they don’t offer service loans to MINI motorists, only their BMW drivers.

Old 03-28-2004, 02:16 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my MINI at John Roberts MINI in Dallas although I live very near Moritz MINI in Arlington. Thing is, Moritz wasn't quite open when I needed to place my order. I now have all my service work done at Moritz. I've had nothing but great experiences with all the local dealers...it doesn't seem to matter where I took delivery.

Old 03-29-2004, 11:52 AM
kensmini
3rd Gear
I second what asodestrom says: I've had great service and treatment at MINI of SF. Just make sure what they know you need and that the service writer understands your timeframe requirements. Let Carol know if you anticipate any problems. I love it there.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:47 PM
C4
Banned
I bought my 2 MINIs from Lauderdale MINI in Ft Lauderdale, FL. They have always treated me like a KING (In both sales and service). I always get a brand new, fully loaded Cooper CVT loaner waiting for me with my service appt. Excellent service and treatment. Have no reason to go or look elsewhere.

Lauderdale MINI has one of the highest rates of customer satisfaction in the State of Florida and Nationwide.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:57 PM
zfxr
5th Gear
skipping CD player, part on backorder, yada yada. But I knew I would have
to bend over and take it up the tailpipe @ Motor City Mini anyhoo...

Sales- Top Notch
Service- Reminds me of the roads in Detroit, a bottomless pit

Quick Reply: R50/53 So how does your dealer treat you when you bring your car in