R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 If you can't say anything nice, just don't say anything.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 04:26 PM
HighAnxiety
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this actually a real topic of discussion??

Who cares what others think of you/your car/your choices in life/ or anything else for that matter. Should we hire a new police force? Maybe call them the "Moral" police and they will reprimand those who say things that go against your beliefs?

This is just silly. Personally, I think the CVT is silly and people are lazy not to take the time to learn a stick which is much more fun to drive. But what does my opinion matter to anyone else?

Suck it up. If I went through an entire week of meeting people/working with people/and watching the news and found everyone agreed with me, I would be SICK. I cringe for the day where we can't tell others and they can't tell us what they truly feel. Fake people really bug me. I want people being true to themselves.

Just cheesy.

Old 09-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Can we please keep within the site guidelines? These type of discussions, no matter how seemingly benign, do drive members away over time. Posts of this nature detrack from the usefulness of the site. In the future we will be watching for these type of posts, lock them down early, or delete them altogether. Thanks for helping keep the site sunny side up.

Mark

Old 09-25-2002, 04:30 PM
PatrickH
2nd Gear
I have an idea...let's all poo poo the real base MC.

In Britain, apparently they have a model of the MC that is below the Standard MC.

Old 09-25-2002, 06:07 PM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
>>Can we please keep within the site guidelines? These type of discussions, no matter how seemingly benign, do drive members away over time. Posts of this nature detrack from the usefulness of the site. In the future we will be watching for these type of posts, lock them down early, or delete them altogether. Thanks for helping keep the site sunny side up.
>>
>>Mark

Due to what seems to be popular demand I deleted my original post myself. Sorry if I OFFENDED anyone (like I've never been offended on here) but I was very very angry.

Old 09-25-2002, 07:01 PM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

>>Due to what seems to be popular demand I deleted my original post myself. Sorry if I OFFENDED anyone (like I've never been offended on here) but I was very very angry.
>>
>>

Oh wow, are you way too nice. How many Kit-Kats are you giving to each kid on Halloween? 16 or something?

At least the main topic still shows! :smile:

Old 09-25-2002, 07:03 PM
VerucaSalt
Yeah the title of the topic shows....but now there is a big blank where my post was....

Apparently I had nothing nice to say.......

Old 09-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Minigirl
3rd Gear
>>Yeah the title of the topic shows....but now there is a big blank where my post was....
>>
>>Apparently I had nothing nice to say.......
LOL your'e hilarious! I LOVE EVERYBODY TOO!

Old 09-25-2002, 08:29 PM
Chobe
3rd Gear
L.Mini I saw youre picture with youre car. Im going to try to say something nice, you look beautifull next toi youre silver Cooper.

Old 09-25-2002, 09:32 PM
multipurpose
2nd Gear
just remember, everyone... just because you own a MCS, does not mean that you think the MC is a lesser car. I think that certain aspects of the MC are superior, but decided (after months of thinking) that the MCS was for me. Don't get angry at all of us.

Old 09-25-2002, 10:00 PM
HighAnxiety
4th Gear
Topics like this are just silly. I wish they would be ended before they are started. I posted earlier basically saying this was just a bunch of cheese. L.Mini the origin poster of this topic felt it necessary to send me a private message that I was rude and basically my opinions aren't necessary. I've thought first she/he was just silly.... but now i'm offended. Did the SS take over this board and who gave this person the moral authority? Be careful... this is the next CEO of Enron.

Cooper MINI S Chili Red/ White roof, Xenon lights, Sport Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather from SLC dealer. With Passport 8500 radar detector, Apline CDA-7894 deck, JL Audio 300/4 amp, and XM Radio.

Old 09-25-2002, 10:02 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

All the MINI Coopers are great! A difference of opinion here and there is a healthy thing! We're so dang lucky to have this forum to meet each other...so let's all motor and enjoy!

Old 09-26-2002, 05:59 AM
VerucaSalt
>>>>Yeah the title of the topic shows....but now there is a big blank where my post was....
>>>>
>>>>Apparently I had nothing nice to say....... :smile:
High Anxiety: Please leave me alone. I thought you were being rude before, but that doesn't mean your opinion doesn't matter. Don't be insulted.....it's just MY opinion like you have yours........not all of us can be thick skinned and you hurt my feelings. I private messaged you with MY opinion of what you said because I was trying to keep it off the board (in effect keeping the board friendly as I thought this topic became kinda funny later on) so bringing it up on here again just for sake of argument is just silly.

Now can't we all just get along!!??

PS....and I AM silly! There is no better way to be!

Smaller is better! AND I LOVE EVERYBODY!

Old 09-26-2002, 06:28 AM
capsfan13
2nd Gear
Yes, lets. Opinions are useful, insults and personal attacks are not. Drive what you love. That's my opinion.

Old 09-26-2002, 10:26 AM
HighAnxiety
4th Gear
the insanity

Old 09-26-2002, 12:57 PM
kensmini
3rd Gear
Could someone please take a little of the time spent on this thread and jump over to the "Removing Cooper's Space Saving Spare" thread in the "Beneath the Bonnet (Hood)" Forum and advise me about my spare?

Nobody's replied

Thanks and Let's Motor!

Old 09-26-2002, 01:12 PM
andrew
3rd Gear
We are all in the same family, wait til the wagonette is introduced........just remember it is the driver not the car that makes it go.

For example, I smoked a S in my REGULAR Cooper on a curvy road once they started riding my rear end.........TRYING to make a superiority statement.......must have had small man's complex...I was going to be friendly and wave, but stuff happens when u are pushed.........

MINI, regardless of the dress is a great car...............