R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Production Number => Build Number =>?

Old 09-24-2002, 09:06 AM
rygold
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - so my dealer is going to give me a Production Number.

Where do I go on the web to translate that into a Build Number?

And then what will I see? The details of my unbuild MCS, including all options, and an actual "build" date? And m
maybe ship date to Canada? And maybe delivery date to dealer?

Any info would be helpful. The wait, as you know, is awful!

FYI - Canada's most decorated Olympic Athlete is a speed skater named Marc Garneau. He's doing the talk show
tour as Mini Canada's spokesperson. He's driving an MCS and LOVES it! He's 6' 1'' and has lots of room!

He's the head of the Canadian Mission Mini entry to Barcelona. (See http://www.mini.ca).

Do you guys know who your "celebrity" team leaders are?

Old 09-24-2002, 04:45 PM
zwoman
3rd Gear
Hey rygold! Please note, all my experiences are based on the US version :smile:

Your production # will basically give you access to the owners loungs where you can find your build date. That date may or may not fluctuate. Mine stayed put and then was even overshot (supposedly the Friday of the build week and it may get done earlier in the week). When you're on the site, you'll see your packages - provided it's updated from the dealer's inputted changes...it takes a couple of days. You'll have to go to the WW cargo ship site to find out when you can project it's arrival to this continent. When the boat is about half-way over, you'll get an estimated delivery date. Again, that day is subject to change - mine was bumped up again and right on :smile:

Onto the other question, I haven't heard about any "celebrity spokesperson" for the USA Mission MINI ordeal...

Have fun waiting! It'll pass sooner or later - hopefully sooner!

Old 09-24-2002, 05:17 PM
C4
Banned
Here in the US there is no TV or Radio MINI ad campaings, unlike Canada and other international MINI markets. (I actually like the Canadian MINI ads..very cool music and imagery). Most of the MINI's US advertaising (Which by the way has been done entirely here in Miami by the international recognized ad agency, Crispin, Porter & Bogusky http://www.cpbmiami.com) has been done by means of very creative billboard ads and printed literature such as the famous "Book of Motoring" and "MINI's Unauthorized Owner's Manual".

As far as I know, MINI Canada does not have an Owner's Lounge in their website and do not currently offer production tracking capabilities as in the MINIUSA.COM website, so I guess you need to call your local dealer from time to time to receive updates.

I don't like the look and feel of MINI Canada's website (www.mini.ca) and most other NON-US MINI sites, just because they all look generic and are devoid of the creative charm of the USA site.

Good luck and welcome to Minicooperonline.com

Old 09-24-2002, 07:10 PM
rygold
5th Gear
You guys have given me great info - however, I don't think MINI Canada has an Owner's Lounge!

I'll have to get scoop from my dealer. Hopefully his info won't SUCK!!

Thanks for the support - I'm gonna go crazy waiting!

Old 09-24-2002, 07:13 PM
rygold
5th Gear
And you're right about the quality and peronality of the various web sites.

Most are the same. MINI USA is different. Canada follows the Ivory Tower Dictate, I guess.

Some of the international sites on MINI.com are pretty good.

I'm going to suggest a "Rate the MINI Site" as a new thread.

See you there.....

Old 09-25-2002, 03:38 PM
rygold
5th Gear
Well, as I guessed, I can't do anything with my Production Number.

There's no facility on mini.ca to track production of my MCS, nor will my production number work on miniusa.com.

Any other ideas??

I feel so alone!

At least I was told My Sharona (LY/B MCS) is being built in October and is to be delivered in November. Just in time to put on snows! After all, I'm in Canada, eh?