R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 PooR R53 :-(

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:12 PM
imortalsin84
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PooR R53 :-(

(take in mind this is my first mini)Ok so so far i wish someone had told me how amazing these cars are a long time ago...i have so much fun in it and i love how small it is and easy to get around this horrible LA traffic and dont get me started on the gas mileage its like heaven lol mixed with Garden Grove gas prices you cant beat that.....

BUT TO GET TO THE STORY

So i bought my MCS the first week of January at a honda dealership(i totally should have went to a mini dealer) i had been looking at it for a month trying to convience myself to just go there and buy it its pure silver with black stripes with the h/k system and the weather package with an lsd so anyways i love the car....but this sunday like every other man in the US i was heading to a super bowl party with my wonderful wife and all of a sudden i start hearing a noise that sounds like a rock is just jumping all over my engine bay so i slow down and it goes away so im like o ok it was just a rock but then i pick speed up again and it does it even louder so i slow down so i realize when i get up to 7mph or higher it starts to make the noise and it was soooo annoying so im like my mini is way more important than a football game so i drove to the mini dealership and did a overnight service drop off....i get a call this morning and they tell me i need to fax my warranty to them so they can start working on the car then they tell me that the car is over due 4000mls for service so then i get pissed because the honda dealership sold me a car that was way over due for service and now its making a crazy noise so now i have to wait till the 2 companies talk to eachother and get things situated till i can get my car back....i miss it soooo much :-(

Old 02-04-2008, 01:19 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, MINI has a great warranty - use it. If it's still covered, they even do oil changes and other "wear" items. Explain to them that you had no idea about MINI having such a great warranty and ask them to get it caught up - tell them EVERYTHING that's doing ANYTHING, as you might as well have MINI fix it up properly.

Best of luck with your "rock" issue - whatever it ends up being and welcome to NAM!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Damnathan
1st Gear
Originally Posted by imortalsin84
but this sunday like every other man in the US i was heading to a super bowl party
Sorry, I'm a man in the US, and didn't even watch the Super Bowl. I was washing my MINI. And now it's raining. Heigh-ho.

Sorry to hear about your R53. Hope it's under warranty! (Mine's not... )

Old 02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
yumhaggis
4th Gear
Keep us posted as to what it turns out to be & how MINI takes care of you please, inquiring minds would like to know.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:52 PM
greengobln
5th Gear
good luck my man. they are replacing my second clutch for me this week because of some weird chattering/clicking. this time they're replacing everything around it as well. my warranty expired 6k ago but since it was an ongoing issue they decided to take care of me. i <3 MINI

Old 02-04-2008, 05:54 PM
imortalsin84
2nd Gear
ok so the mini dealership called me back and they said since i got the extended warranty everything should be covered but because i road on the car without an oil change i might have problems with it....and it says i went over 4k and ive only been driving on the car for 1500 mls(was waiting for a service soon light)(didnt know) so they have to talk to the dealership i got it from but they arent answering so they cant touch my car till these people talk to them....the crappy part is they wont respond to my phone calls and they wont answer when mini is calling so im going to have to go up there after work

O thanks ImagoX for the welcome...the mini world is soooo much better than the nissan silvia world i use to be in...its much more friendlier and helpful here

Old 02-05-2008, 07:36 AM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM. I'm sure everything will get sorted out once you stop by the honda joint. btw, you have the most interesting writing style I've seen in a while. Don't forget to breath.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:40 AM
imortalsin84
2nd Gear
wow ok guys the story just keeps getting better and better.....so mini calls me today and i find out the loud noise is the weathering strip slapping my window i laughed when i heard that cause i was like wow its something so little lol thats funny...but then they tell me that the price to fix it is 1200 cause the window on the car is after market so it doesn't fit the weathering strip right(that Honda put on it) which now im starting to think what the hell happened to the car before i got it but ehhh....so i called Honda and asked them what is going on and who is gonna fix my problem and gave them all types of hell so they finally said to bring it in on Thursday and they was going to get a factory window and fix all the problems...because they backup there vehicles.....for anyone who does not have a mini cooper yet and plan on getting a used one i highly recommend not going to a different kind of dealer to go to a mini dealer...they treat you with way more respect and are def very friendly (well at least in the OC they are)