R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Road Rage BACK FIRED !!! Holy ........

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Ken&MINI.com
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today is my first time experiencing a true road rage in action it was really intense and scary .. but it end up with a very " BACKFIRED" way. I've being reading several thread about our members being the VICTIMS of ROAD RAGE !!! But my experience is rather different .. I think ... Here I go ...

This morning I was just doing my usual commute to school on the highway ( around 10:30 ). I was driving a bit faster than usual ( 75 MPH) most of the time because I just want to test out the power of my MINI after the break in period. I was cutting around the highway to get through the traffic .. SAFELY AND SIGNALING ... ( I didn't tail gate or cut anyone off ... ) Than I notice a HUGE Lexus SUV right behind of me .. I think it was a LX470 .. that thing is huge ... I was really close to my a$$ ... So close that the head lights on the SUV were out of sight from my Center rear view mirror .. youknow ? .... anyways .. I immediately switch to the middle lane .. and guess what .. the SUV is still tailgating me .. I switch to the SLOW lane ... and it was still tailgating me !!! GOD ... than I got a little **** ... So I pull to the fast lane .. and speedup to get out the stupid SUV out of my way ....
I guess the Lexus jeep had a hard time keep up .. but It eventually speed up beside me on the middle lane .. the drive and the rear passanger all the opened their window and their were like screaming and stuff .. I looked . and guess what I see ... I Lexus jeep full of 18 - 20 year old girls .. I don't now how many .. but there were many faces looking out their SUVs windows... I ignored and kept driving .. their kept screaming ... Bla bla .. then SUDDENLY One of the girls in the car wipe something at the car .. I don't know what it is ... but the BANG came from the passaner side of my CAR .. Than I was scared ... I opened my window and try to hear what they have to say ... All I hear of F this and F that .. MINI ... Afford ..
I don't know .. I was very tensed because I had to watch out for those crazy B and the traffic...

SUDDENLY ... the SUV speed up .. and cut me right off onto the fast lane ... I had to break HARD in order to avoid a collison . I know that if I didn't break ... they will hit my MINI and I'll be screaming .... HERE IS THE BACKFIRED PART ....

THAT MOMENT WHEN THE SUV CUT ME OFF .... They turn the wheel too fast and it kinda lost control went off the highway to the aside curb ... THEN ... THEN the SUV drove right into the Side Ditch ... A DEEP DITCH .... I saw half of the sence with my eyes .. and the second part from my side rear view mirror ...

I was like .. OMG ....I'm late for school ..... Everything happened so quickly ...
THinking back about this morning ... SUVs ... inexperiences driving .. peer pressure... Ditch ....
Man .. I think it is a perfect combination for a ROAD RAGE to GO BAD

MINI: 1 point ROAD RAGER: 0 Points

Old 06-06-2003, 10:51 AM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
GOOD LORD. I'm speechless.

Old 06-06-2003, 10:54 AM
MGCMAN
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a bunch of A**holes!

Old 06-06-2003, 10:55 AM
red03miniS
Banned
wow

hope they are ok

Old 06-06-2003, 10:56 AM
greatgro
6th Gear
WTF????

Old 06-06-2003, 10:57 AM
VerucaSalt
hope they are ok
I don't. It's their fault. They were being dumb and they got what was coming to them. When people act like idiots, they better be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Old 06-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Ken&MINI.com
2nd Gear
Man .... I feel sorry for them in a way that the accident occured ... I don't want accident like this to happen.. I could really hurt or even kill them ! BUT THEN AGAINS.... THEY DESERVE This EXPERIENCE for being such a reckless Road raging driver.... If they can't learn how to drive the right way ... they'll learn it the hard way ... :evil: :evil:

Old 06-06-2003, 10:59 AM
n3nyongmini
4th Gear
As I just posted on another thread: Fate or Darwin....
Sad loss, but I wouldn't worry about other people's decisions until it affects YOU.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Driving_Hamster
5th Gear
Hope they are ok?? Screw that. They got what they deserved. Just as long as they didn't hurt anyone else in the process.

As my grandfather used to say "Every cow steps in their own sh$t sooner or later". This is a prime example my friends.

Nomonstersinme
5th Gear
thats so stupid! i'm glad to hear that you at least are ok. they definitely got what they deserved.

COOPERation
Burbling since 2002
Be careful out there...

...those girls were probably on their way to a powderpuff football game...

Old 06-06-2003, 11:03 AM
Ken&MINI.com
2nd Gear
Ohhh .. you're right !!!

Lucky ... my MINI is not hurt !! I think my Manual tranny skill just improved from this experience .. Hmmm ...

Old 06-06-2003, 11:07 AM
ames330
3rd Gear
WOW ! Good you came out without a scratch. Horrible thing to happen to a Lexus though. I wonder what happened to them.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:08 AM
greatgro
6th Gear
>>Be careful out there...
>>
>>...those girls were probably on their way to a powderpuff football game...

Old 06-06-2003, 11:11 AM
red03miniS
Banned
>>
hope they are ok
>>
>>I don't. It's their fault. They were being dumb and they got what was coming to them. When people act like idiots, they better be prepared to suffer the consequences.

yeah but i dont wish they get hurt ...:smile:

Old 06-06-2003, 11:14 AM
VerucaSalt
Don't get me wrong...I would never wish death on anyone....but if breaking an arm or leg or something is what it takes to show someone that they are a complete and utter moron, then so be it. I bet if one of those little biotches came out of that accident with some broken ribs, she wouldn't be such a pain in the a$$ to people on the road anymore.

I have a zero tolerance policy for stupid people.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:22 AM
antsmini
6th Gear
Too bad all they did was hit the ditch... shoulda flipped their car. Morons.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:29 AM
0wen0
3rd Gear
>> I guess the Lexus jeep had a hard time keep up ..

"Lexus jeep" <-- Awesome!!

Old 06-06-2003, 11:51 AM
vespa
4th Gear
if breaking an arm or leg or something is what it takes to show someone that they are a complete and utter moron, then so be it.
LOL. You go L.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Flash
2nd Gear
You should have been the perfect gentleman and stopped to render assistance, for revenge is best served up cold!

Old 06-06-2003, 12:18 PM
VerucaSalt
Yeah right! Those harpies probably would have attacked him....broken limbs and all!

Old 06-06-2003, 12:21 PM
Davbret
6th Gear
"Hello 911? Yes, I just watched a drunk driver swerve off the road and crash with a car load children in it. Appeared the driver was impared or drunk or something."

Just when they thought it was bad enough that they wrecked their Lexus, the cops will show up and start questioning them about alcohol and drugs. SCREW 'EM!

R

Old 06-06-2003, 12:22 PM
g3
3rd Gear
Dammmn I guess they were a bunch of SUV luvin MINI haters. But girls? I'm suprised. I know I get no respect from the pickup crowd, I guess they were trying to intimidate the "little car." I agree with the general consensus, they got what they deserved. Hope her daddy yells at her for wrecking the Lexus.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Greatbear
Moderator :: Performance Mods
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!

I myself don't wish people to get hurt, BUT! In a case such as this where a person or group of people are instigating and continuing the situation, it would not matter to me in the least if they got hurt or worse. I know it sounds harsh, but I believe that people are responsible for their actions, and have to take on the consequences of their foolishness in such cases.

If some ****** is driving along the highway and DOES NOT LIKE that someone signalled and moved properly into the lane in front of them and they proceed to make life for the poor guy unbearable, the onus of their actions is all theirs. No one OWNS the road, they share it. I have seen (and been in a few) cases of street warfare that got way out of hand, and I watched as people have gotten hurt. Many times it is not the instigator that gets hurt. Poor innocents are shook up, hurt or killed because some fool has a beef with the world. Or thinks they do.

My feeling is, if some dipshat like that flies into a ditch as a result of their actions, it should be their wakeup call. If they go down in flames, good riddance. I just hope no innocent people are affected.

PS: Regardless of what I am driving at the time, be it the Mini or another of my cars or trucks, I have noticed that a good portion of the idiots directing their beef at me or others on the road are increasingly driving SUVs, at least in these parts. Much of that theory is also being borne out in these road rage stories. It seems like SUVs themselves have become weapons of choice with those who engage in street warfare.

Let's be careful out there!

Old 06-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Danbo
2nd Gear
WOW!!!!! Awsome story thats excellent.. I guess you had to call the ball ( 2 miles out)!!! Yeahhhhh!!! in the female driver FACE!!!!!!!! I hope it took here hours and $$$$$ to get the Gas Guzzler out the ditch......

Quick Reply: R50/53 Road Rage BACK FIRED !!! Holy ........