Queer Owners Club - QoC Club forum for the QoC

Welcome to the First Post of QoC!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:53 PM
saturn
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I could be as "non-chalant" about the whole thing as you are AvidMINI. I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all, and I wish I had the same outlook on things as you do. I come from a different place though. I'm proud of who and what am (as we all are) and I will never, EVER back down to anyone that finds anything to do with homosexuality, unjustifiable! PERIOD. After years of us fighting for a somewhat of a voice in the community, dealing with "not being like anyone else", being talked down to like a plague, being told that our lifestyle is "just-a-choice", all while trying to battle our own demons, and such a little thing like a QOC can bring people like us together, that have the same things in common. It's the least we are allowed, and deserve to have. No one will ever rain on my "gay" parade. I've paid my dues as a "str8" person and now i'm getting a full refund as a proud gay man. They have enough in this world, they don't need to try and screw with our space as well, While everyone is entitled to their opinion, some are just better kept to themselves, until the time comes that they are successful in walking a mile in "our" shoes. Until that happens, steer cleer mista sista, cause i'm coming out swingin, and I ain't talkin bout my hips!

On a sidenote: gRay rAvEn, you might consider changing the first three LOWERCASE letters , I picked up on the subliminal message, and others might as well GF.

Now, back to the parade!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:49 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Point taken, Saturn.

I'm not that nonchalant. I've had run ins with narrow-minded folks before, and I've got the battlescars to prove it, but I still try to give people the benefit of the doubt. And I know how to choose my battles. Most people are clueless about what we've had to endure over the years. Our pride stems from our resistance to indifference and our unity in the face of adversity. It comes from the mere act of surviving day to day without getting harassed or worse, killed.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:16 AM
Xiek
5th Gear
Sooooooooo

How about that local sports team eh?

Old 09-23-2008, 04:44 AM
saturn
4th Gear
All of our local teams suck (in a real bad way)!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:28 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
My Sacramento River Cats baseball team are doing well. They were just crowned triple A champions. Women's Monarchs basketball team not so well. Just got eliminated in San Antonio I believe.

Hey, I just dug up some pix I'd like to share with y'all...

They're from Vancouver '08 Pride. My partner and I just happened to book our first-ever trip to Vancouver during the Pride weekend festivities, which also coincided with a kick-*** fireworks competition between the U.S., Canada and China. All in all we had a great time and loved the city. We can't wait to get back and explore some more. Canada ROCKS!

It just goes to show you how festive these cars are; they all love a party!

No, really. I've seen MINIs in all sorts of parades, and they're always a crowd pleaser. Luckily, they're not too small, otherwise the Shriners would commandeer them for their use!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Xiek
5th Gear
Vancouver is a GREAT CITY...

May I suggest if you SKI, that you check out WinterPRIDE @ Whistler. http://gaywhistler.com it is a great event, I get there every year.. TONS O FUN!!!!! and great people attend it to.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:24 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
I don't ski but I've wanted to for years. At 44, is it too late to start?

Most of my trips "North 'o the Border have been back east, where I've got a few friends in Toronto and Montreal. I plan on going back there next year. Probably in June, when things are warming up a bit. I've always enjoyed myself above the 49t parallel.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Xiek
5th Gear
It's never too late to start... they have beginner hills, and lessons.. and the comroderie is great.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:38 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Cool! So long as they have someone ready to administer first aid.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:47 PM
minilover03
1st Gear
Count me in this club I have for a long time been in the closet and now I am out, to most. Work has been the hardest since I work with 3 str8 guys at a window tinting shop but it has gotten better. Just got a raise, and not the one when my co/worker picks something off the floor. Still havent told my parents but to each their own.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Xiek
5th Gear
wilkommen

take it at your own pace... do what feel comfortable to YOU.. that is what counts.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:02 PM
minilover03
1st Gear
Xiek

Where did you get the Queer owners club sign and how did you get it to post, every time you post? I'm not new to nam but have not gotten it down pat yet.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Xiek
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minilover03
Xiek

Where did you get the Queer owners club sign and how did you get it to post, every time you post? I'm not new to nam but have not gotten it down pat yet.
I had it made. I have a sticker on my car too that is of that design.

It is a graphic file, and you just have to make it your sig pic under your user CP.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by Melangell; 03-08-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Sealy
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by minilover03
Still havent told my parents . . .
I remember many years ago when I told my mother. She gave me look somewhere between amused and impatient and said "Yes, and?" Coming out is more for you - the people that know and love you already have the information.*

*and the ones that have the information and a problem aren't worth your time.