PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

Used R53 Inspection Help in the Pittsburgh area!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:55 PM
lovethecorners
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used R53 Inspection Help in the Pittsburgh area!

Hello Friendly Pittsburgh MINI owners!

I have a short story and question/favor to ask of you. I had to sell my 2006 Chili Red R53 back in the fall when I lost my job and I've had the itch since to get another MINI. I've been looking around and found one at Auto World in Whitehall, PA: a 2006 R53 with some of the features I've been looking for:
  • Space Blue with Gray top/mirrors and bonnet stripe/scoop wrap
  • JCW Tuning Kit
  • Sport Package
  • Anthracite Headliner
  • Leather seats
  • Chrono Dash
  • Chrome dash
  • Cold weather package
  • Premium Package
  • H/K sound system
  • Web spoke wheels

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=324178634

The only problem is that I live in Boston, MA. It's a big IF, but if discussions with the dealership go well, are there any kind souls that would like to test drive a MINI and give it the once or twice over for me?! There'd definitely be a case of beer or some other small token of my appreciation in it for you besides the fun you'd hopefully have seeing this car!

Thanks guys,
Jason

PS If anyone has a spare/extra CarFax whereas you could lookup or email the results that would be great, although otherwise I'll just get one myself or ask the dealership to fax one!

Last edited by lovethecorners; 06-20-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Added a question
Old 06-21-2012, 05:59 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Good luck with the car! It looks really nice in the photos.

Unfortunately... By the address on the website it looks like its actually closer to Allentown, PA (about a 4-5hr drive from Pittsburgh)... Had me confused, because if you type 'whitehall, pa' into google it takes you to the Pittsburgh area Whitehall. I guess there must be two?

I'm not sure if there is an established club out that way (since there is a dealership there now) or if they just affiliate with PhillyMINI. I have seen some people from the Allentown area post on NAM... see https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...mini-meet.html

I hope you can find someone!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 PM
lovethecorners
4th Gear
Originally Posted by amberback
Unfortunately... By the address on the website it looks like its actually closer to Allentown, PA (about a 4-5hr drive from Pittsburgh)... Had me confused, because if you type 'whitehall, pa' into google it takes you to the Pittsburgh area Whitehall. I guess there must be two?
Thanks for the catch amberback! I was going to say that Google fooled me, but in this case if you click on the map from Autotrader it actually says the dealership is in Fullerton, PA not Whitehall, PA. So perhaps it is the dealership that is oddly unintentionally fooling people. After doing a little research Fullerton, PA is in Whitehall Township...

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll see if I can find a fellow MINI owner in the Allentown area!