PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

GyMINIkhana 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 05:30 PM
fastautoxmini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GyMINIkhana 2011

GyMINIkhana? What's THAT? A traditional "gymkhana" is a fun, automotive "athletic" event involving driving cars through a set, fun course for times and prizes.

PittStopMINI's signature GyMINIkhana event (our 5th annual!) takes that to a whole new level, and one that's even more fun, safer, and won't wear on your car!

This is a day FULL of vehicle and driver dynamics training - with style. Have you ever slalomed your MINI? Learned what it (and you) can do in a safe environment, with professional Motoring Instructors helping you learn Vehicle Dynamics? And (optional), would you like to test your skills against the clock on a timed autocross? Learn to drive FUN - and celebrate Motor-tober with your MINI friends!

Where: BeaveRun Motorsports Complex, Wampum, PA (north of PA Turnpike Exit 13)

When: Sunday, October 23 starting at 8am. Club-only time is 8AM - 11AM, then MINI of Pittsburgh is ALSO hosting "The World's Best Test Drive In The World, Period!", which extends our joint event until the Steelers play at 4PM!

Also included is breakfast (donuts/coffee) and lunch. Sign up via the PittStop MINI website (mandatory if you want to participate) to reserve your spot today.

And a HUGE thank you to MINI of Pittsburgh for their continued support! Thanks to them, this event costs only $10/driver, with proceeds being donated to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Charities!

(registration to be posted ASAP, please check the PittStop MINI website, www.pittstopmini.org, for registration).

SPECIAL Club-Only Event: Sign up now and you can participate on "course setting and testing" and a campout/bonfire/potluck on Saturday night from 5PM at BeaveRun! To RSVP go to the PittStop MINI website.

Hope to see you there!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:27 AM
murdoc
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't get a lot of chances to hit any tracks this year, so when I saw that I'd be able to make it to this event, I had no choice but to sign up. Looking forward to this!

Old 10-24-2011, 02:06 PM
colinmini
5th Gear
Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
Thanks to Chris and Vincent at Beaverun, to Chris at Mini of Pittsburgh and to everyone at Pittstop Mini Club for putting on a heck of an event. I was wondering where one would post pic's and videos? Special thanks to Leon and Mary for not making us camp in near freezing weather.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:00 PM
murdoc
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by colinmini
Thanks to Chris and Vincent at Beaverun, to Chris at Mini of Pittsburgh and to everyone at Pittstop Mini Club for putting on a heck of an event. I was wondering where one would post pic's and videos? Special thanks to Leon and Mary for not making us camp in near freezing weather.
+1
Amazing job to everyone that was involved. I pushed my MINI really hard and had a blast!!! I learned a lot too, I am going to spend the winter planning my AutoX makeover of Das Stinktier! Great Job Jason and Colin for having the 2 fastest times on the Wilson Circuit.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:58 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Old 10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
jasonsmf
5th Gear
Originally Posted by colinmini

A big second thanks to everyone involved! I don't think I saw anyone NOT smiling all weekend. As much as I was looking forward to camping at the track with MINI friends, Leon's basement stayed well above freezing all night so I think it was the right choice!

Here's a video of Colin and his screamin fast Cooper:
http://youtu.be/g6gOdVzZKjU

Here's a video of me in my Cooper S
http://youtu.be/5QnTMHC9egw

Jason

Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 PM
fastautoxmini
3rd Gear
glad to hear everyone had a blast. I must admit the Wilson Circuit run I had made my day.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:32 PM
amberback
5th Gear
document with lap times on the Wilson Circuit http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12306966/MIN...20Circuit.docx