PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

Anything going on lately?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 AM
TrboKrt
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything going on lately?

Any upcoming local events or meets to the Pittsburgh area?

Old 10-02-2008, 05:36 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Check out http://www.pittstopmini.org , we always have something going on. Join the club, you will be notified about all the upcoming events, and you will also be eligible for the great prizes we give away at every event!!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:41 AM
MWhinnery
2nd Gear
When you check out http://www.pittstopmini.org you'll find an exciting event coming up real soon, Oct. 10 & 11. Hope to see you there!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:56 AM
TrboKrt
2nd Gear
I have joined however it has been very quiet on that site.

Wondering if there are any local gatherings or anything besides the bigger events on the calendar that come up.

Thanks

Old 10-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know you're new to the area, but feel free to start something!

Over the years there has been a noticeable ebb and flow of active participation in our Club. Some years have been very active while others have not. Even then, however, the grassroots side of things has always been a bit lacking and forum participation has never taken off. After 5 years, I still haven't quite been able to put my finger on why that is - what is the underlying mentality that hampers it? I'm not sure.

Mostly though, it seems dependent on the members being interested in sharing their common interests with each other and then stepping up to make things happen rather than sit back and wait for things to find them. The purpose for the Club's existence, afterall, is to foster relationships among the community of MINI owners at all levels (pre-arranged activities and informal, impromptu ones) - not just to collect membership fees and vote a few people into office that have to do all the work of organizing pre-arranged events. But it seems that folks expect just that.

Which, of course, misses the point of the organization. Yes, there are people voted into specific positions to help the Club manage its affairs and run smoothly - but if the membership isn't interested in being involved with each other, then the Club is a hollow entity. The Club is supposed to provide a vehicle through which people that want to enjoy similar kinds of experiences can come together to share those experiences and, in so doing, build new friendships.

The Club is not an entertainment company. But, IMHO, that's the way the members often seem to treat it.

.....Well, you asked - sort of.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:34 PM
TrboKrt
2nd Gear
I felt similar when I joined the CA club that there was a little less than stellar activity but eventually it grew more popular.

They have regular recurring meets at local restaurants to meet up before a big group b-fast or a lunch. THen they have regular interval events that are advertised in advance such as the Dragon Roll(like the MINI's on the dragon but in CA).

I am not familiar with eateries around here yet but someone must know of a place that is able to accommodate say 10-15 people as a group to eat and a big open parking area where we could all park together to chat before and after food. There is one meet in Malibu that is just that and since it's up there you can see different famous people having b-fast or doing shopping in the area which makes that meet fun.

Would having a meet just outside of the city be hard to accommodate? Being new and still learning downtown it just seems it's cramped and lots of one-way streets and confusion abound.

The BMW owners I have met out here try to have a monthly meet on the last Wednesday of the month after work to meet up and even have dinner at the Robinson shopping area. Could be an option.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:00 AM
TrboKrt
2nd Gear
Any eatery input at all?

I am sure there are others in this group that want to hang out with other owners and have fun as much as possible.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 PM
track-toy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TrboKrt
Any eatery input at all?

I am sure there are others in this group that want to hang out with other owners and have fun as much as possible.
I have always wanted a hang-out place and time. Three places come to mind that I know.

1) The Harp and Fiddle on Penn Ave in the strip

2) Palominos on Liberty near the Point

3) Serviche (Latin American) on Penn Ave Downtown

Let me know!