Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, and Alaska

Recommend a paint shop around Portland ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 03:13 PM
MediocreFred
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommend a paint shop around Portland ?

Hello,

I have a LY/W MC on order and am looking for a good, reliable paint shop to paint checks (checkerboard patterns) on the roof around the sunroof. The checks need to get till the end of the roof (no ugly gutters along the sides) and preferrably, even over the rear spoiler. I've considered geting a decal, but, would like something more permanant. Also, I frequent automatic car washes (blasphemous as it may be on this forum) and I've heard that they wreak havoc with roof decals.

So, would very much appreciate any suggestions/reccomendations for reliable, proven paint shops (places that you would trust your MINI with) around the Portland Metro area (I live in Hillsboro and work in NW Portland - near the Good Samaritan hospital - anything close to either of these would be super good).

How much can I expect to pay (approximate / ballpark figure) to get the checkerboard pattern painted all around the sunroof? As far as the area to be painted goes, it's fairly small - a lot smaller than say, painting the whole roof; nevertheless, I guess, it's probably more effort to just paint around the sunroof... I don't know... would appreciate any insight / thoughts.

Thanks,
MediocreFred.

PS: Am getting checkered mirror caps as well - dealer installed. Am eagerly waiting to join the small (but growing) group of MINI drivers in the area - I see a handful of minis every day - mostly in NW Portland... a couple of MCSs that look real sweet...

Old 09-14-2004, 08:51 PM
darkfact
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had experience w/ Obrist and Cunningham in Gresham and they do fabulous body/paint work. I had a '99 Integra that was an off color called Supersonic Blue. I had to have a quarter panel repaired and the back bumper. When I got the car back, the paint was perfectly matched and the car suprisingly looked better than before the accident (Which says something because the car was in mint shape!!)