New wheels... need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:08 PM
seatosky
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New wheels... need help!

Hello Washington friends...
I am about to order a set of wheels from TireRack, and I live in Vancouver BC. I am looking for someone trustworthy - a shop or otherwise - that can be an escrow for me to ship my new wheels to. A shop would be preferable as I can trust them, and also perhaps get them installed at the same time. I currently have 17" S-lite wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R and I am specifically looking for O.Z. Superturismo WRC in 17" - if someone knows of a good shop with a price close to TireRack I'd love to hear about them and give them a call.

Also... if anyone would like to buy my S-Lites they would be for sale at the same time! They are in good shape, one has rashing but is not bent.

thanks,

seatosky

Old 05-27-2008, 04:04 PM
OSUBeaver
3rd Gear
As an FYI Tirerack has a supported installer list where they will ship directly to the installer on that list. Click on "Installation" in their global nav. Also, if I'm assuming you're dealing with Alex at TireRack, I'm sure he can tell you about that program. Here are the isntructions from the site

Here's How It Works
  • Shop our selection of products for your vehicle and add what you need to your cart.
  • Take a look at the Recommended Installers in your area and read consumer reviews and
    pricing information.
  • Before checkout, select your Installer and save it to your addresses in "My Account" for later.
    or
    While in the cart, select your Installer and your order will be shipped directly to them.
  • Call your Recommended Installer to set up an appointment (where available).
  • Drive in for installation.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Motoring
5th Gear
Contact Karl at www.tightntidyracing.com He is in Renton, he does tirerack drop shipping and tire mounting and balancing. Great guy.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:57 PM
seatosky
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Motoring
Contact Karl at www.tightntidyracing.com He is in Renton, he does tirerack drop shipping and tire mounting and balancing. Great guy.
Thank you, I think this is the kind of outfit I am looking for!

Old 10-13-2008, 09:00 AM
workpath
Neutral
I couldn't be happier to recommend Doug with Tru-Line Frame and Wheel in Seattle, on Boren Ave. They performed a full alignment along with full balancing and mounting of my new wheels and tires. Working with Doug and his colleagues was probably the best automotive service experience I've ever had. They are extremely knowledgeable and talented guys and worked with me to make sure my installation was exactly perfect. I couldn't have been happier with the alignment and balancing. My cooper feels like a new machine. I recommend all Mini owners take a serious look a Tru-Line's full range of services. Bottom line, this shop is the place to go if you really love your car. It's obvious Tru-Line does.