Where NOT to get your tint at!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:10 AM
nwdrifter
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where NOT to get your tint at!

BUYERS BEWARE ...

DO NOT get your tint at VTR Tint shop. If possible steer clear, had the worst experience ever. I was told there is no way to guarentee a perfect tint job yet all their own personal cars had no issues as well as the other cars in the shop. I left vehicle there for 8hrs to get a head unit install and tint of which they were not able to do either properly. Very unprofessional and very disorganized. My tint has imperfections on several windows and stereo was never installed due to lack of experience. I asked detailed specific questions of which they said without a doubt it would be simple to do, IMHO plain irresponsible and just down right DUMB. I came back a week later to show them the issues with the tint and was advised that you cannot see it unless you stand close so there was no point of re-doing it. They also advised me that it shouldn't be a big deal since it was in the back window. Why would it matter where the issue was, plain and simple there is an issue fix it! If I would have known that this would be the result I would have never gotten the tint done.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
The stereo in a Mini can indeed be a special case. Not hard to do yourself with some research in the Audio/Navigation forum though.

No reason they couldn't have done the tint right though. Hope you didn't pay too much, because now you'll have to pay another shop to remove it.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:35 AM
KD7LAG
Neutral
The BEST tint job you can ask for is in, of all places, Battle Ground Washington. Eric Sinjen @ Sinns Rod and Custom is a MASTER at doing tinting. He's been in the window business for years. He has a successful auto glass and hot-rod shop. I could go ON and ON and ON about the professional job he does and his warranty but there just aren't words to express it. I had him tint my F-350 in 2003 and to this day there are no bubbles or defects except the ones I put in the film. If you hit the window with your selt belt it will indeed eventually get small chips in the tint. Eric stands behind his work 100% and above.
I had my deck swapped out at Jantzen Beach car toys. Stan was the installer and Master Installer is more than a job title with this dude. He did a FANTASTIC job of installing the new sound equipment in my lil Alice. He doesn't come cheap but perfection rarely does.

Just my $.02.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:50 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
With regard to tint - wherever you go, hold their feet to the fire when it comes to the quality of the installation. I took my wife's car to a tint shop in Houston, and they did a lousy job - lots of sand/dirt between the film and the glass, a few ripples where they didn't get the edge of the tint to conform to the glass properly, etcetera.

The manager started to give the "perfection is impossible" song and dance, but I told him that while microscopic imperfections were unavoidable, in this case it looked like the car had been tinted in the middle of a sandstorm, and that he could either tear off the tint and do it again, or he could deal with the credit card company when I called them later that night to dispute the charge. So he re-tinted it, and -surprise, surprise- it came out the second time looking the way it *should* have the first time.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:55 PM
VTR
Neutral
I would just like to say we have always stood behind our work here at VTR. Tinting is an art and if there is an issue we will fix it as we did on this car. If you feel it was not satisfactory, please bring it back and we would be more than happy to fix it. However, if the issue is a minute spec behind the logo etched in the glass and can not be seen unless your face is six inches from the glass, we might ask you to overlook it. If however it stills bugs you, then of course we will fix it.

As for the stereo, we pulled it apart and found that there was a factory amp. The only way around the factory amp is to bypass and wire directly to the speakers, or use the bypass module from newministuff.com. Wiring would be far more work than the $60.00 deck install qoute we gave. My fault for not having the bypass module in stock. We put it all back together and did not charge for the install obviously.

We always do our best to go above and beyond. Our goal is to give the best possible service and product out there.

To nwdrifter, I would really like to fix any issues youi have. Please call, e-mail or come by and we will get you taken care of!

Thanks
Wayne

Originally Posted by nwdrifter
BUYERS BEWARE ...

DO NOT get your tint at VTR Tint shop. If possible steer clear, had the worst experience ever. I was told there is no way to guarentee a perfect tint job yet all their own personal cars had no issues as well as the other cars in the shop. I left vehicle there for 8hrs to get a head unit install and tint of which they were not able to do either properly. Very unprofessional and very disorganized. My tint has imperfections on several windows and stereo was never installed due to lack of experience. I asked detailed specific questions of which they said without a doubt it would be simple to do, IMHO plain irresponsible and just down right DUMB. I came back a week later to show them the issues with the tint and was advised that you cannot see it unless you stand close so there was no point of re-doing it. They also advised me that it shouldn't be a big deal since it was in the back window. Why would it matter where the issue was, plain and simple there is an issue fix it! If I would have known that this would be the result I would have never gotten the tint done.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 AM
elevatus
1st Gear
For everyone seeking tint around the Seattle/Bellevue area, I only go to one place Jay's Tint Shop in Totem Lake (address is Kirkland). http://seattle.citysearch.com/profil...tint_shop.html

They will redo your tint right there if they don't like the way it came out the first time.