Off-Topic :: Autos Interested in discussing other autos? This is the place!

UNOFFICIAL Car BASHING Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini
how cute
Those GTIs get under my skin

Old 08-03-2006, 03:43 AM
nolimit
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anything Made by Buick in the last 30 years. Ick

Old 08-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Dielectric
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corollas old and new. They're all pylons. Every time I'm held up in traffic, it's some yahoo doing 5 under the limit. It happens too often to be a coincidence, I think the drivers seat has a novocaine injection.

Grand Anything. The Prix and Am drivers tend to be the most aggressively annoying folks on the road. God forbid you pass one, they hate that.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Hu99
4th Gear
Most SUV's. Some of them aren't bad vehicles it's just the driving mentality of most owners. Except of course for the Pontiac ***-tek which is so bad I don't know eher to start.

Taxi's in this city are the worst drivers by a mile and there's so damn many of them.

Any dump truck trying to break the land speed record while spewing gravel chucks on the freeway. There should be stronger regulations for cleaning of dump trucks prior to them hitting the public roads.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
I hate ford, especially the ford "fu*kus" i mean..."focus"

Edit: I hate "Rustangs" equally as much.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Squirlz
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stretched SUVs as limos. I mean, how dumb do you have to be to think that is cool? I just don't get it.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:40 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
The UGO gets my vote

And by the way...saw one of those new chrysler "smart cars" yesterday...VERY funny looking and I do believe...smaller than the mini!

I will bash that one too! Looks like a bicycle could do it in with a head on crash!

Old 08-03-2006, 06:43 AM
bluestone
3rd Gear
another vote for the Crown Vics...

for being such a big long car, with such floppy boatlike handling, you would think there'd be more room in the back and trunk. but there really isn't!

admittedly, some of the back seat room was taken up by that plexiglass barrier, and maybe i would have been able to stretch out a little more if not for the cuffs, but the back seat really did strike me as *surprisingly* cramped.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:06 AM
kapps
6th Gear
How 'bout the Exploder...errr...Explorer?

Old 08-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kapps
How 'bout the Exploder...errr...Explorer?

Old 08-03-2006, 08:16 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Thats the spirit

AND, I know the 200 or so lurkers also got cars they HATE

What are you waiting for???

This is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY BASHING THREAD. This is the place to get it out of your system

Running Count is being kept in the opening POST.

You know there is some car out there you REALLY hate ... you know the one ... the one everytime you see it you just want to take a sledgehammer too (but won't).

This isn't the time to be shy or lurking. This is the time to get it ALL out of your system

Old 08-03-2006, 08:26 AM
CFMINI
4th Gear
Scion Xb - the box the MINI came in!! Throw away the box and keep the prize inside!

Old 08-03-2006, 08:43 AM
xbook
Banned
Darn, i guess I forogt to hit the all important SUBMIT button after I wrote a great reply, yesterday. Ooops, not enough coffee I suppose.

Well, back 1994 I had to rent a Chevy Cavalier while out of town on a job. This thing was SUCH a POS. It solidified the loathing I have for GM. this thing had it's power window controls under the e-brake handle in the center console. Are you #$%^^& kiddin' me . I had to actually pull up the e-brake handle to get to the switches that control the windows. ARGH

Between that and my first car being an old '83 Chevy S-10 Blazer. It was only 7 years old when I got it, but it had been the 1st year (or maybe 2nd) that GM had tried an electronic carburetor. The thing would just stall for no reason. And after throwing $$$ at it, it never got better.

So my vote is for GM as a whole

Old 08-03-2006, 08:43 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bluestone
another vote for the Crown Vics...
admittedly, some of the back seat room was taken up by that plexiglass barrier, and maybe i would have been able to stretch out a little more if not for the cuffs, but the back seat really did strike me as *surprisingly* cramped.
Hey blue if you are nice to the cops sometimes you can talk them into cuffing you in the front

Old 08-03-2006, 09:00 AM
bluestone
3rd Gear
bamatt-

you try being nice to cops. you see a female cop, you say, "hey, sugar ****", and somehow, nobody understands that you're just trying to be complimentary...

Old 08-03-2006, 09:09 AM
lexbomb
3rd Gear
Can't stand the looks of the Chevy Avalanche. Just too much plastic, creases, crannies, and a terrible profile!

Old 08-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Any pimped out, "Fast and Furious" wannabee, rice rocket. Especially with wings that will never come into play.

Any vehicle with the large, over sized diameter "wagon wheels" that it was never designed to accomodate.

Any vehicle who's stereo I can hear outside the vehicle.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:28 PM
xbook
Banned
Gromit,

I have a new game I play with cars that BLAST music way beyond the confines of their "car" (why is it often they are SUVs). Ya know the old Frank Zappa song "Why does it Hurt When I Pee" ? Well, I have that as it's own CD, and I just turn that on and crank it to 11. I have actually had people start laughing with me :-)

Old 08-04-2006, 11:46 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Cmon ... WHO HATES Pintos???? Nobody?

How about Chevy Corvairs?

No need to just lurk, let trash them all!

Old 08-04-2006, 11:53 AM
o4amini
6th Gear
How about any car (especially crappy ones/not JCW CRAP of course) with gaudy bling!!!! I have never seen so much chrome on cars as I did when I was in CA last week. Eye-popping ugliness

Old 08-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Oilman930
3rd Gear
I like Chevrolet Corvairs. Not really that bad a car. Well, at least not the later ones where GM fixed the rear suspension. Ralph Nader got it all wrong.

It's not the cars I want to bash, but the people who do stupid things to their car, is what I can't stand. Why does some kid need an exhaust pipe the size of a trash can lid on a 1990 Honda? What's with the purple lights under the car? The carbon fibre bonnets and boot lids. What's the point of that if the car is going to be driven on the street? I don't get it.

It's not the car, it's the people who do weird stuff to their car.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:31 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Oilman930
It's not the car, it's the people who do weird stuff to their car.
Of course what you say is true. However, a Bad Driver thread already exists here https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=58989 This is an attempt to BASH all cars so we dont have to read it every week with new threads ...

Old 08-06-2006, 08:15 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
I promised myself to not defend SUVs anymore and this thread is ABOUT BASHING all makes you don't like ... but I came across this article talking about this very issue which you can read here http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1958

Just a few quote for the SUV Bashers. I love the part about soccer moms here!
"Most automotive journalists have decided that the average American shouldn’t own a gas-guzzling SUV because they never drive it off-road. And yet these same scribes have no problem taking passenger cars onto a race track for high-speed evaluation. ... Why, then, is it okay to buy a car based on its theoretical extreme performance, while purchasing a four wheel-drive SUV for its unused off-road abilities is considered a crime against nature? ...

Nearly eighty percent of SUV owners told pollster R.L. Polk that they count on their SUVs for severe weather. The same survey showed that fifty percent regularly haul heavy or bulky items to their homes, while twenty-four percent pull boats or carry bicycles, and fifteen percent use them for off-road sport. I guess soccer moms are busier than some people thought. ... [BF mine]

SUV’s are usually vilified on safety grounds. Supposedly, their top heavy nature renders them prone to rolling over in certain types of accidents. While SUV’s certainly have a higher center of gravity than passenger cars, are they really more dangerous? As pointed out on this very website, the vast majority of rollover deaths and injuries are attributable to non-compliance with seat belt legislation. Besides, as simple common sense suggests, road safety is largely a reflection of a driver’s abilities– not the vehicle’s. Perhaps that’s why insuring a new Corvette costs roughly five times more than insuring a similarly priced Chevrolet Suburban SUV.

Car aficionados that criticize SUVs for poor gas mileage are also skating on thin rhetorical ice. Unless they bicycle everywhere (I give bicyclists a pass on chain oil and the methane they release when exerting themselves), they are like vegans that wear leather shoes. What are our favorite sports cars? Does reading any of these letters get your heart pumping: GTO, SS, HEMI, SC, RS, GT, S? As emotive as all these high performance tags sound, they’re all shorthand for “crappy MPG.” ...

According to environmentalists, the SUV is the root of all evil, belching filth into the air, destroying our air quality and warming the planet. In truth, all American cars and light trucks produce approximately two percent of all man-made greenhouse gasses worldwide. ...

There will always be poseurs that buy SUVs just to look outdoorsy and adventurous. And there will always be consumers who buy sports cars simply to pose and preen. Though distasteful to true enthusiasts, as long as we live in a free country, we can’t stop pathetic pretenders from buying the vehicles we love. ..."

Now of course, this is just one automotive journalist opinion backed up by a poll and some facts but it seems to indicate the fact that the majority of SUV owners use the vehicle as intended ... probably MORE SO than those that buy high performance cars and do NOT use them as intended

Old 08-06-2006, 09:11 AM
mjgmcs1
3rd Gear
I hate:

Any car/truck with the spinning wheels/caps (actually saw a late model minivan with these, they must sell them at Target).

Any car/truck with monster sized wheels.

And the huge spoiler on the Neon.

Old 08-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The cars that really **** me off...

are the ones I want to drive that I don't have the keys for!

Matt

Quick Reply: UNOFFICIAL Car BASHING Thread