Off-Topic :: Autos Interested in discussing other autos? This is the place!

Ugliest car

Old 02-20-2003, 07:30 AM
MiniZee
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also, did anyone see, at the Chicago Auto Show, Honda had an Element Concept that they were marking towards "younger" people. It had the front of an Element, and the back on an old van from the 80's. The ulgyist thing about it though, was that all the windows were RED! Like that wouldn't be disracting AT ALL for kids who have just gotten their licences.

tsk. tsk.

:smile:

Old 02-20-2003, 11:07 AM
mightyMiniz
Banned

This is UGLY

Old 02-20-2003, 04:36 PM
SuperMINI03
5th Gear
That focus is definatly ugly, but I've seen worse.

Old 02-21-2003, 10:58 PM
SuperMINI03
5th Gear
I have seen many ugly concepts, anyone have any pictures of any concepts that they think are ugly.

Old 02-21-2003, 11:19 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, I actually like the Focus (SVT), and I have never been an American Car guy (not that there's anythoing wrong with that).

I totally have to back up DiD in the Bangle bashing. I cannot stand the Z4, and the 7 series has so many angles on it, it hurts my eyes to look at it for too long.

I've always been a Porsche guy (as I think you are all tired of me telling you by now), but I do have a fondness for the BMW M3, which I think comes from the M3 GTR that used to spank on the GT3 (some of that was the rules in all fairness) - but I haven't ever been loyal to the BMW marque. I have respect for the Roundel, but it's obvious all good car companies make a styling faux pas here and there.

Now before you start flaming me, realize that it's 12:20 in the morning, I'm all hopped up on Krispy Kreme Donuts from the MINI5280 meet this evening, and I've been driving around the parking lot to "give rides" so I can't sleep

Old 02-21-2003, 11:30 PM
SuperMINI03
5th Gear
Porsche is the bomb! Hell yeah

Old 04-03-2004, 03:02 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's time that this thread came back, although it's too bad so many of the images no longer work. I just read through it and was horrified to see that the Citroen DS got a vote. I really like those!!!

Anyway, I was inspired to bring the thread back because I have a new vote. I saw one of these for the first time on the road yesterday, and it was the first time that I've ever been so repulsed by a vehicle that I made a disgusted face and made sure the driver saw me ! Trust me, this picture doesn't even do it justice. Picture it in white (like the one I saw), and imagine seeing its horrible front end from MINI driver height.

Infiniti QX56:

Horrible.

I liked this description of it on automobilemag.com:
"Americans must have a recessive bad-taste gene that comes into play when their annual incomes exceed $200,000. How else to explain why the nouveaux riches who participated in Infiniti's consumer clinics "absolutely love" the QX56's huge cartoon grille and, according to senior marketing manager Ed Baldwin, "really love" the way the windows in the front and rear doors sweep rearward, only to encounter the fixed glass beyond the C-pillar that appears to be a stylistic afterthought. The QX56 and the Nissan Titan-derived Pathfinder Armada on which it is based are as unsightly and ill proportioned as the McMansions in which many members of Infiniti's target audience live."

Old 04-03-2004, 06:13 PM
pocketrocketowner
Banned
>>beshaw
>>u & I r on the same page w/ that stang..it's kick ***
>>peace,
>>d

Ugliest car ever for me is the last version of the Chevrolet Impala full size....thank god they discontinued THAT baby......

Old 04-03-2004, 06:25 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
>>Ugliest car ever for me is the last version of the Chevrolet Impala full size....thank god they discontinued THAT baby......<<

OMG yes, PKTRKTO! Major icky-poo-ness!!! And Chris, that Infiniti is right up there with the Escalades as being one majorly ugly beast!

Old 04-03-2004, 06:57 PM
minitothemax
4th Gear
Old 04-03-2004, 07:04 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its still hard to argue with the classic ugliness of an Aztek. Simply timeless... :???:

Old 04-04-2004, 04:45 AM
pocketrocketowner
Banned
>>Its still hard to argue with the classic ugliness of an Aztek. Simply timeless... :smile:

Old 04-04-2004, 04:49 AM
jsun
6th Gear
Nice Aztek pic. Looks like someone forgot to tell the owner that just because it has a tent in the back it doesn't mean that you can have a campfire back there.

Old 04-04-2004, 04:54 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
the Priaus (sp) is the worst body design I can think of right now. It's a coupe version of the Aztek.

Old 04-04-2004, 07:36 AM
pocketrocketowner
Banned
>> the Priaus (sp) is the worst body design I can think of right now. It's a coupe version of the Aztek. :smile:

Old 04-04-2004, 08:38 AM
inioway
6th Gear
An otherwise sane friend rushed out and bought a beige Pacer right after they came out. We began calling him George Jetson. Even today when he's about to win a point about sports or politics, the standard response among the group (except once a year by listserv) is a variation of "yeah, well you owned a Pacer".

Of course I was driving my dad's hand down Chrysler Newport then. It even had push button drive. But he actually chose a Pacer. I was only the victim of tasteless parents lusting for, ummm gasp, a Renault "LeCar". We all made youthful indiscretions.

Old 04-04-2004, 08:55 AM
pocketrocketowner
Banned
>>An otherwise sane friend rushed out and bought a beige Pacer right after they came out. We began calling him George Jetson. Even today when he's about to win a point about sports or politics, the standard response among the group (except once a year by listserv) is a variation of "yeah, well you owned a Pacer".
>>
>>Of course I was driving my dad's hand down Chrysler Newport then. It even had push button drive. But he actually chose a Pacer. I was only the victim of tasteless parents lusting for, ummm gasp, a Renault "LeCar". We all made youthful indiscretions.

speak for yourself My taste in things automotive has been excellent all my life....says so on the website www.you're full of c...p.com

Old 04-04-2004, 12:45 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
>>An otherwise sane friend rushed out and bought a beige Pacer right after they came out. We began calling him George Jetson. Even today when he's about to win a point about sports or politics, the standard response among the group (except once a year by listserv) is a variation of "yeah, well you owned a Pacer".
>>
>>Of course I was driving my dad's hand down Chrysler Newport then. It even had push button drive. But he actually chose a Pacer. I was only the victim of tasteless parents lusting for, ummm gasp, a Renault "LeCar". We all made youthful indiscretions.

Old 04-04-2004, 01:55 PM
jsun
6th Gear
^ I knew several folks with Le Cars (aka Renault 5). They used to carry "little boxes" in which to store the various pieces that fell off the car every couple of miles. One of these cars actually shed its transmission in big (and little) chunks on my college's driveway. My friend needed all of his little boxes that day.

Old 04-04-2004, 06:08 PM
pocketrocketowner
Banned
>>^ I knew several folks with Le Cars (aka Renault 5). They used to carry "little boxes" in which to store the various pieces that fell off the car every couple of miles. :smile:

Old 04-04-2004, 06:23 PM
inioway
6th Gear
I can only speak for my R5/LeCar. It was phenomenal how troubled it was. I suspect some trauma when being assembled left it a sociopath. I swear that car wanted to kill me. Yeah yeah, I like the look but that was about it.

Old 04-04-2004, 06:42 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
>>I can only speak for my R5/LeCar. It was phenomenal how troubled it was. I suspect some trauma when being assembled left it a sociopath. I swear that car wanted to kill me.

Clo/Wanda

Old 04-04-2004, 07:38 PM
pocketrocketowner
Banned
>>>>I can only speak for my R5/LeCar. It was phenomenal how troubled it was. I suspect some trauma when being assembled left it a sociopath. I swear that car wanted to kill me.
>>
>>Clo/Wanda

I was a consultant for Renault when they owned AMC.....AS a consultant....I got TWO company cars....guess why......????? They are BETTER though, a lot better.....
though still a little on the weird side....(French y' know.....)

Old 04-04-2004, 10:45 PM
keddell
2nd Gear
I often catch flack for this - so I'm prepared - but I have just never understood how the Avanti ever appealed to anyone.

JK

Old 04-05-2004, 03:53 AM
IanF
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Datsun made some butt-ugly cars back in the 70's. The ugliest is arguably the F10 - one of the eariliest front wheel drive cars sold in the US. My father had one of these. He bought it because it was the only FWD car available with a 5 speed at the time. (His was maroon)

Quick Reply: Ugliest car