Navigation & Audio Mini Connected version

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 10:28 AM
gremlin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Connected version

I was just looking at the connected software update and it's last listed as being from January 2013, since my paceman was built in July 2013 I'd think it has the update but when I went and looked at software versions I see this:

Software support for
external devices:

Multimedia: MX-003.004.031
Telephone: TX-003.004.031

looking at the release notes it lists the versions as:

MX-3.5.4, TX-3.5.6

http://www.mini.com/connectivity/_co...rmation_en.pdf

which would seem to possibly be higher versions? I went to the checker and put in my vin # there but it tells me it wasn't sold in the country selected and I needed to re-select the country, but there is no country drop down.

any thoughts on if I should run an update?

-R

Old 01-18-2014, 06:49 AM
TJANK
4th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
I was surprised that when I picked up my 2014 CM in fall and it did not have the latest software update. I downloaded the latest file UPD01006.bin from http://www.mini.com/connectivity/index.html to USB drive and updated my mini to the current version.

Refer to photo to see my current version then becomes:
Multimedia: MX-003.005.004
Telephone: TX-003.005.061

Attached Thumbnails Mini Connected version-upd.jpg  
Old 10-25-2019, 03:23 PM
Kyler Locke
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gremlin
I was just looking at the connected software update and it's last listed as being from January 2013, since my paceman was built in July 2013 I'd think it has the update but when I went and looked at software versions I see this:

Software support for
external devices:

Multimedia: MX-003.004.031
Telephone: TX-003.004.031

looking at the release notes it lists the versions as:

MX-3.5.4, TX-3.5.6

http://www.mini.com/connectivity/_co...rmation_en.pdf

which would seem to possibly be higher versions? I went to the checker and put in my vin # there but it tells me it wasn't sold in the country selected and I needed to re-select the country, but there is no country drop down.

any thoughts on if I should run an update?

-R
Do you still have the files?

Old 01-01-2020, 12:14 AM
ItzNeil
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I ran the update but see little difference.. My issue is using a lightening cable t connect via USB enables Mini Connected features, but plays audio via my iPhone 11, not through the HU. If I try the Mini factory Y cable I get the audio correctly routed through the HU, but the short cable is a PITA and I can't use the 16GB flash drive I have full of music. Either way when I connect, the Phone BT audio is disconnected, so I have to futz around renabling the Phone BT if I don't want to tether. This update made no difference.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:49 AM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
The issue may be your cord. I’ve looked into this because I never have had the factory y cable for mine. I use a belkin splitter and lightning cable and an audio cable and it all works fine. One issue may be the audio cord. I found out with some deep web diving, that a standard audio cord is a 3-contact cord, visually they have 3 “layers” of conductors and 2 “rings”. These cars require a 4-conductor audio cable which have 4 conductors and 3 “rings” on the plug. I’ve attached photos of both to illustrate the difference. I got a 2-pack of 4 conductor cords on Amazon for under $10
hope this helps!

4 conductor cord

3 conductor cord

Old 01-01-2020, 10:57 AM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
when it’s connected I can go to amazon music on my phone from connected. But usually I just plug in and link with the aux input, then you get album art on the screen as well as the song info

I’m easily entertained!

Old 01-01-2020, 01:21 PM
ItzNeil
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrGrumpy
when it’s connected I can go to amazon music on my phone from connected. But usually I just plug in and link with the aux input, then you get album art on the screen as well as the song info

I’m easily entertained!
so thanks for the reply Grumpy. Some interesting things to note. The 4 connector cable you show is designed to support a headset with a microphone and that’s the 4th wire but it *shouldn’t* behave any differently that the 3 wire cables with left/right/common. Wonder if if just a matter of proper clearance and fit into either end?
More specifically back to my original observation, my comment was regarding using ONLY the Apple supplied lightening cable to the Rail mounted USB. That provides charging for my phone and all the benefit of the Mini Connected services including album art, but with the unacceptable consequence of music playback from the phone speaker instead of the HU. My local Dsaler, Seattle Mini was very kind and let me tinker with their Mini Y cable so we could see what that offered. That did support everything as expected so I’m suspicious that in the 2013 HUs Mini has an older Apple IAP chip from pre- lightening days. That would how the Y allows the data flow over USB for Mini Connected but passes the audio off to the 1/8 Mini jack as the older IAP chip can’t manage proper routing of both streams.
can you share a picture of the Connector you use? Not interested in spending over a Benjamin for a cable that’s unfeasibly short and needs 2 additional extension cords for usb and audio or a lightening extension if I want my phone in a mount.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:30 PM
dharvey1221
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ItzNeil
I ran the update but see little difference.. My issue is using a lightening cable t connect via USB enables Mini Connected features, but plays audio via my iPhone 11, not through the HU. If I try the Mini factory Y cable I get the audio correctly routed through the HU, but the short cable is a PITA and I can't use the 16GB flash drive I have full of music. Either way when I connect, the Phone BT audio is disconnected, so I have to futz around renabling the Phone BT if I don't want to tether. This update made no difference.
I bought this to extend my adaptor and then 30pin to lightning to my craven mount. Not sure you can get these any more

https://www.walmart.com/ip/30-pin-ma...feet/277536753