Navigation & Audio '14 Countryman Install (Pics and Questions)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 Countryman Install (Pics and Questions)

Hello. I've almost completed my audio install in my '14 Countryman but I'm having some trouble finding a good remote turn on lead for the system.

Here's what I have installed so far:

Fronts - Focal Polyglass 100 VRS (4" Components)
Rears - Focal Polyglass 100 CVX (4" 2-Way Coxials)
Sub - JL Audio CS110LG-TW3 (10" Shallow Mount Sub in Sealed Enclosure)
Amp - JL Audio XD700/5 (75x4, 300x1)
JL Audio CL441dsp Clean Sweep (Under the drivers seat)
Sub Level control mounted just to the left of the steering wheel

Everything is humming right along except for the remote turn on lead. Right now I have it tapped at the fuse panel into an ignition powered fuse (so it turns on when the engine is on) as opposed to and Acc Fuse (turns on when the radio comes on) I've tried several fuses that I think should be acc leads but they all seem to have power all the time.

I have the comfort access and I'm not sure if that comes into play at all, I've tested the leads with the keys in the car and with the keys not in the car and all the fuses seem to either always have power or they are triggered by the ignition.

I tapped into the Countryman's version of the x9331 adaptor to get my speaker leads but there didn't seem to be the remote amp turn on lead in the Countryman's version of that adaptor like there is for the other MINI's that use it.

Any advice where others have tapped into a remote lead on base stereo setup (Non HK) on a Countryman would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I currently have the speakers under the seats still hooked up running off the deck power. I can't decided if they are a benefit or a drawback at this point. I've read some feedback from others that that have replaced them or disconnected them I'm interested to hear if anybody else's opinion on the topic.

I've included a few pics that show the amp and how I mounted the tweeters. I ordered the mounts and covers for the HK tweeters for my non HK System so I could stick the focal's in the stock locations. They fit perfectly and were very easy to modify. The picture of the amp & sub is pretty much the same picture you have seen any everybody else's install, other than that there isn't much to see with this one it's a pretty stealth install overall.

-Austin

Attached Thumbnails '14 Countryman Install (Pics and Questions)-2013-09-12-12.47.36-hdr.jpg   '14 Countryman Install (Pics and Questions)-2013-09-12-13.39.49.jpg   '14 Countryman Install (Pics and Questions)-2013-11-26-10.02.29.jpg  
Old 12-04-2013, 05:48 PM
tominizer
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The remote turn on lead wasn't in the x9331 harness. I can't remember the harness number but it wasn't that one. Hit up the second gen audio section and they talk about it earlier on in the older thread. On my R55 S, I successfully tapped into the harness and made it work. I just can't remember the #. Sorry

Old 03-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Eskimomice
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
curious, but would you mind sharing how you got the power wire through the firewall? I'm planning on doing my audio install soon as well and looking for info on where to go for passing the power wire through the firewall. Thanks!

Old 08-08-2014, 06:14 PM
tominizer
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I'm going to break down and do my Countryman as well. The factory systems is so poor. My wife is going to kill me when she sees the CM all pulled apart.

Only down-side is there's not much on the internet for the Countryman documentation wise. You're kinda on your own.