Navigation & Audio MINI Connected and iOS 7

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 12:03 PM
danstone66
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI Connected and iOS 7

So..I just picked up my 2014 CM last night and LOVE LOVE it.

I ordered it with MINI Connected as I was looking for iPod integration and album art.

I (stupidly) upgraded to iOS 7 when it came out.

Does anyone know if MINI Connected and iOS 7 are compatible?

My MA couldn't get my iPhone to stream bluetooth through MINI Connected and I'm not having any better luck.

I also cannot get the "Plug In" feature to work. I keep getting the message "No Supported Devices Found".

This is really disappointing. I know it's not MINI's fault and I should NEVER have upgrade to 7. Ugh.

I'm hoping someone has had luck getting bluetooth and the Plug-In features to work??

Old 10-05-2013, 07:20 AM
kidkillawatt
Neutral
Originally Posted by danstone66
So..I just picked up my 2014 CM last night and LOVE LOVE it.

I ordered it with MINI Connected as I was looking for iPod integration and album art.

I (stupidly) upgraded to iOS 7 when it came out.

Does anyone know if MINI Connected and iOS 7 are compatible?

My MA couldn't get my iPhone to stream bluetooth through MINI Connected and I'm not having any better luck.

I also cannot get the "Plug In" feature to work. I keep getting the message "No Supported Devices Found".

This is really disappointing. I know it's not MINI's fault and I should NEVER have upgrade to 7. Ugh.

I'm hoping someone has had luck getting bluetooth and the Plug-In features to work??
i have a 2012 CMS with connected. so far bluetooth streaming of my music library as well as music streaming from spotify app works. i am alternately using the oem usb 30pin iPhone4 connecter with a 30pin to lighting converter for my iphone5s with ios7. still seeing the 'no supported devices connected' notice. thinking of trying to update connected/idrive software. ideas?

Old 10-09-2013, 10:37 AM
gremlin
2nd Gear
Mostly works fine for me with iOS7 on a 5s using the smaller 30 pin to lightning adapter.

The one issue I'm having which didn't happen on my 5 on iOS6 is that once I'm plugged in it will continually stop playing the source when I'm listening to the Sirius App. It also does this in my Audi so I'm pretty sure it's an iOS issue.

I use the Sirius app to listen to some on demand shows, and unfortunately now I can't have the phone plugged in since I have to do it via Bluetooth and the phone can't be charged at the same time.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:41 AM
ignitionmodule
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still getting album art on screen in my car after ios7. Have not tried any other applications yet.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Weare138
2nd Gear
Any fix to this yet? Just upgraded to a 5c and got the apple 30 pin to lightning adapter for the mini oem y cable. Mini connected says no supported devices. It works with Bluetooth want to work with mini connected though.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:54 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Ok for those of you looking for Plug-In to work with your iPhone with Lightning connectors... Give up - it does not work, and the problem isn't with Connected but with the Lightning connector. Plug-In requires video-out from the connector, the 30-Pin connector supports this - the Lightning connector does not...

Rumor has it that a Lightning y-cable has finally been released - however nobody's actually seen one yet. That might resolve the plug-in feature, but I wouldn't hold my breath as there's some serious engineering required to get video out form an iPhone 5 (or newer).

That being said - you should still be able to get audio through the connector - in the devices screen your iPhone should appear when it's connected and stream audio through the connector and not Bluetooth... However with IOS7 I've found that it's spotty and have to use the Aux input instead. Didn't have the issue with IOS6, but IOS7 doesn't want to play nice. All other Connected functions work fine with IOS7.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:52 AM
bentyyc
5th Gear
The Plug-In implementation is not great to begin with. If you just connect your iOS7 device as external or via BT audio, it works just fine. As an external device, you still get album art.

All of the other Connected functionality and third party apps that I have tried (Glympse, Aupeo, Audible, Stitcher) also work fine.

I have a 2011 Countryman (see below) and a iPhone 5s running iOS 7.0.4 thru a 30pin to lightning adapter.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:19 AM
TJANK
4th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
When I picked up my 2014 CM the mini connected said did not work and displayed “No Supported Devices Found”. After searching the forums I was able to get it working by

1) Update the Mini multimedia and telephone software drivers to latest UPD01006.bin file. Instructions and info are located here: http://www.mini.com/connectivity/downloads/index.html (you can check your current version in your mini, if old version, simply download file to your computer and save to USB drive, then plug drive to Mini,select update.)
MINI Connected and iOS 7-connector.jpg
2) The connector Mini provided was for Music only and not Media. According to the Mini Connected App it states that Y cable required is Media Adapter 61 12 2 179623 not what they provided me, the Music Adapter 61 12 2 338491. After scouring forums, the one I received is for MUSIC ONLY. The Music one visually has a rectangular connector and the Media one has a triangular connector. My dealer mailed me the correct one “Media Adapter for Apple iPod/Iphone” 61 12 2344300 and it now works with iphone 5 ios7! I still cannot believe my dealer delivered a new CM with the wrong connector.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:26 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
I just checked mine and sure enough I have the Music adapter as well. Given that I've had my MINI for 6 months I don't think I can push the dealer over this - especially since I don't think it's the dealer that supplies those connectors on new builds - I think it's MINI.

That said I'm going to see if I can track one down... E-Bay only has ones shipping from Australia, and Amazon says it's not available - and I only went there because that's when came up when I Googled the number...